- Powerball Jackpot Hits $500 Million, Sets New Record
November 28 2012 4:02 AM
Powerball jackpot grew to $500 million Tuesday as part of a plan lottery officials put together early this year to build jackpots faster and generate revenue for states that run the game.
- Powerball Jackpot Of $425 Million Raises Hope Of A Bigger Payout
November 27 2012 6:32 AM
Hopes are running high that the record $425 million Powerball drawing could become bigger before the Wednesday night’s draw.
- Powerball Jackpot Soars To $425 Million
November 25 2012 5:47 AM
As the Powerball numbers announced Saturday night 22-32-37-44-50 did not find matching entries, the jackpot has soared a record $425 million for the next drawing and possibly higher, NBC News has reported.
- Man With Bionic Leg Climbs To Top Of Chicago Skyscraper
November 05 2012 9:11 AM
Zac Vawter broke a record by climbing 103 floors using a mind-controlled prosthetic limb.
- Makeshift NYC Offices Post Hurricane Sandy [PHOTOS]
November 02 2012 1:51 PM
New Yorkers are getting back to work after Hurricane Sandy, but many are not actually "at work."
- TripAdvisor Buys Wanderfly To Enhance Social Offerings
October 02 2012 3:11 PM
TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel website, acquired Wanderfly to expand its social networking features beyond those offered by its current presence on Facebook.
- Braintree Introduces Instant Approval For Online And Mobile Payments
October 01 2012 5:27 PM
Braintree is rolling out a new feature as part of its effort to rebrand its mobile payments system into a one-stop shop that will scale alongside the companies that use it.
- GoDaddy.com Says Most Sites Restored After Cyberattack
September 11 2012 9:20 AM
GoDaddy.com, the popular website that hosts millions of domains for businesses, said it had restored most service Tuesday. On Monday, it was subject to cyberattack by someone claiming to be a member of the Anonymous hacker group.
- Technology Focus: Amazon’s Bezos Disrupts Again, Devises Apple Challenge
September 09 2012 10:17 AM
Chances are there few personalities as creative, disruptive and rich in the technology sector as Jeff Bezos, the founding CEO of Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer. He's put Borders Books out of business and could even put Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) in its place.
- Pandora Media Shares Plunge 21% On Rumored Apple Rivalry
September 07 2012 2:02 PM
Shares of online radio broadcaster Pandora Media Inc. (NYSE: P) plunged nearly 21 percent on reports that Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, would launch a competitive service as early as next quarter.
- Want To Hail A New York Taxi With Uber? Not Until February, City Says
September 07 2012 12:28 PM
Uber Technologies, the private developer of a smartphone app that matches cabdrivers with passengers, drove over a gigantic pothole when it tried to launch in New York City this week: the venerable Taxi and Limousine Commission.
- Lufthansa Cabin Crew Strike: 208 Flights Cancelled; Europe, Intercontinental Flights Grounded (PHOTOS)
September 04 2012 4:26 AM
The cabin crew of Lufthansa (LHA) airlines is staging a strike at three German airports Tuesday in their second walkout in a 13-month wage dispute that has resulted in the cancellation of 208 flights in Frankfurt.
- IBM To Offer Cloud TV Services To Philips Customers
August 31 2012 3:10 PM
International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE: IBM), the No. 2 computer company, said it will start providing services in the cloud for consumer electronics makers, starting with Dutch giant Philips Electronics (NYSE: PHG).
- Cars with Speed, Fuel-Saving Might Battle among Americas Teams
August 31 2012 3:31 AM
There is no stopping the Shell Group of companies from their environment sustainable projects most especially those that engage the youth in preparation for tomorrow's challenges. Shell's Eco-marathon, which involves student teams to design, build, and test ultra-energy-efficient vehicles, is due to come to the North and South American Region in April 2013 in Houston, Texas.
- Bankrupt American Airlines Seeks OK For Big Lawyer Fees As It Seeks More Worker Pay Cuts
August 30 2012 11:46 AM
American Airlines' bankrupt parent AMR Corporation (PINK:AAMRQ), which is arguing in federal court it needs hundreds of millions of dollars in contract concessions from its employees in order to survive as a going concern, is planning to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to entice a small group of hedge funds to invest in the company.
- Zuckerberg Pal Moskovitz Sells More Facebook Shares
August 30 2012 11:25 AM
Dustin Moskovitz, the Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) co-founder, sold 450,000 more shares this week to raise about $8.9 million, a week after he sold his first tranche of 450,000 shares when the lock-up period for insiders expired.
- Yelp Shares Soar 25% As Lockup Expires Contra Facebook’s Huge Decline
August 29 2012 12:41 PM
Shares of Yelp Inc. (Nasdaq: YELP), the provider of online reviews of local businesses and restaurants, surged more than 25 percent Wednesday as the lock-up period for insiders expired, allowing them to sell stock in the San Francisco-based company for the first time since its march 1 initial public offering.
- IBM To Acquire Kenexa To Battle Oracle, Workday, Salesforce.com
August 27 2012 9:39 AM
International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE: IBM), the No. 2 computer maker, said it will pay about $1.6 billion to acquire Kenexa Corp. (NYSE: KNXA), for its human-resources software cloud technologies.
- Tiffany, Heinz, Pandora, Joy Global, Splunk: Earnings Reports To Watch, Aug 27-31
August 24 2012 4:30 PM
While the second-quarter earnings season is coming to a close, investors will still see a trickle of companies reporting results next week. They include Heinz, Joy Global, Pandora Media, Splunk, and Tiffany.
- Salesforce.com 2Q Earnings Preview: Benioff’s Cloud Strategy Stays Hot
August 23 2012 11:27 AM
Salesforce.com’s (NYSE: CRM)’s second-quarter results are expected to show that its strategy of adapting its software-as-a-service model to the increased use of the cloud by enterprises can pay off handsomely for investors.