- Powerball jackpot grew to $500 million Tuesday as part of a plan lottery officials put together early this year to build jackpots faster and generate revenue for states that run the game.
- Hopes are running high that the record $425 million Powerball drawing could become bigger before the Wednesday night’s draw.
- As the Powerball numbers announced Saturday night 22-32-37-44-50 did not find matching entries, the jackpot has soared a record $425 million for the next drawing and possibly higher, NBC News has reported.
- Zac Vawter broke a record by climbing 103 floors using a mind-controlled prosthetic limb.
- New Yorkers are getting back to work after Hurricane Sandy, but many are not actually "at work."
- TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel website, acquired Wanderfly to expand its social networking features beyond those offered by its current presence on Facebook.
- Braintree is rolling out a new feature as part of its effort to rebrand its mobile payments system into a one-stop shop that will scale alongside the companies that use it.