- LinkedIn Shares Rise Despite Security Breach
June 07 2012 9:14 AM
Shares of LinkedIn Corp. (Nasdaq: LNKD), one of the top professional social network sites, rose as much as 1 percent in early trading despite reports of security breaches of member passwords.
- Facebook Shares Gain From Record Lows
June 06 2012 9:07 AM
Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, rose about 1.3 from their record low Tuesday close on indications Nasdaq may detail a deal to compensate small investors.
- The Business Of Bonnaroo 2012: Why Big Firms Are Flocking To Music Festivals
June 06 2012 6:47 AM
Some of the world's most popular brands are partnering with music festivals to tap into a much-coveted demographic.
- Buying Spree: 3 Reasons Why Oracle, Google, IBM Buying Now After Facebook Disaster
June 06 2012 6:43 AM
Now that the initial public offering of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, has lost 32 percent of its value, technology giants including International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE: IBM), Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL) and Google (Nasdaq: GOOG) are on a shopping spree. That may chill the IPO pipeline.
- AOL Activist Shareholders Get Second Boost In Takeover Battle
June 05 2012 11:34 AM
Shares of AOL Inc. (NYSE: AOL), the No. 7 website, traded near their 52-week high again Tuesday after activist investors Starboard Value won more crucial backing to win seats on the board of directors.
- Facebook Shares Rise 2% But Surrender Gains To Set New Lows
June 05 2012 9:36 AM
Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social network, kept setting new lows after their May 17 IPO. By Tuesday, they'd shed 32 percent of their value.
- Oracle Buys Collective Intellect For More Cloud Services
June 05 2012 9:16 AM
Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL), the No. 1 database developer, said it had agreed to acquire private Collective Intellect to bolster its Cloud capabilities for software-as-a-service functions.
- Big Data? Vast Majority Isn?t Prepared, New Survey Shows
June 05 2012 6:30 AM
Global enterprises are aware of the coming of so-called ?Big Data,? or the trillions of bytes of electronic data flowing through the Cloud and Internet.
- AOL Dissidents Get Big Boost; Shares Near High
June 04 2012 3:18 PM
Shares of AOL Inc. (NYSE: AOL), the No. 7 website, traded near their 52-week high Monday after activist investors Starboard Value Management won crucial backing to win seats on the board of directors.
- Hawaiian Airlines Moves East With Nonstop NYC-Honolulu Flights
June 04 2012 12:56 PM
On Monday, Hawaiian Airlines will fly into its first major market on the East Coast, New York City, expanding its reach across the United States.
- Apple In China: iPad OK?d, China Mobile Takes iPhone
June 04 2012 12:37 PM
Could Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, be getting a new jolt from the burgeoning China market, its second largest?
- Verizon?s Hughes Telematics Buy Gives It Mercedes-Benz Audience
June 01 2012 1:07 PM
Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ)?s plans to acquire Hughes Telematics (OTC: HUTC) for $612 million indicates the biggest U.S. phone company is seeking a new market: Mercedes-Benz drivers.
- Facebook Shares Dip 4% Despite New ?Buy? Recommendations
June 01 2012 9:17 AM
Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social network, plunged as much as 4 percent in early Friday trading, reversing Thursday?s 5 percent gains.
- Wal-Mart Leaves ALEC, 22nd Company To Exit Conservative Lobbying Group
May 31 2012 4:11 PM
Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the No. 1 U.S. retailer, said it had quit the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), a Washington, D.C.-based group that lobbies for conservative laws in state legislatures.
- Disney Appoints Alan Horn Chairman Of Disney Studios
May 31 2012 4:10 PM
The Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) appointed Alan Horn as chairman of Disney Studios, replacing former chairman Rich Ross, who was forced out of the role in April, the company announced Thursday.
- Facebook Shares Recover From Record Lows
May 31 2012 3:17 PM
Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social network, rose in late-Thursday trading after they set a new low of $26.83.
- Paradigm Shift: As RIM, Nokia Plunge Could Windows 8 Be Too Late To Save Them?
May 31 2012 5:57 AM
Shares of smartphone manufacturers Research in Motion (Nasdaq: RIMM) and Nokia (NYS: NOK) swooned this week on fears of mounting losses and dwindling share.
- Why Spirit Is The Worst Airline In America, Or My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Flight
May 30 2012 2:17 PM
I will never, ever, ever fly on Spirit Airlines (Nasdaq: SAVE) again. In the past 24 hours, I have experienced the worst flying experience of my life. Over the course of almost seven hours of absolutely unacceptable delays, I was lied to, witnessed mothers struggling to care for their children, saw elderly people lose access to their medication.
- Facebook Shares Hit New Low; Class Action Lawyer Sees Suits Merging
May 30 2012 12:58 PM
Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social network, fell again Wednesday, giving back their early gains from Tuesday?s record-low close of $28.84.
- RIM Activist Investor: Split Company In Half For Sale
May 30 2012 9:09 AM
Two months ago, Toronto activist investor Victor Alboini, whose Jaguar Financial had acquired a stake just below 5 percent in Research in Motion (Nasdaq: RIMM), said the company won?t be around in its current shape in two years. Now it's for sale.