- Ex-Yahoo CEO?s Cancer Diagnosis Led To Quit Decision
May 14 2012 12:33 PM
Former Yahoo (Nasdaq: YHOO) CEO Scott Thompson quit in part because of a recent diagnosis of thyroid cancer, the Wall Street Journal reported.
- Yahoo Shares Rise After Dissidents Oust CEO Thompson
May 14 2012 9:05 AM
Shares of Yahoo Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO), the No. 3 search engine, rose nearly 3 percent in Monday trading after dissident shareholder Daniel Loeb knocked out the CEO and took control of the company.
- Technology Focus: Will The Good Guys Win At Yahoo?
May 13 2012 9:36 AM
For months, Yahoo has been in crisis. Market share fell. CEO Carol Bartz was fired. A Chinese tycoon said he?d buy the company.
- Twitter Acquires RestEngine To Boost Marketing
May 11 2012 10:02 AM
Twitter, the mobile messaging giant, said it had acquired RestEngine, a social marketing company specializing in emails, mainly to obtain its developers.
- Respite From Euro Jitters, US Jobs Bolster Stocks: Daily Markets Wrap
May 10 2012 4:14 PM
New Labor Department data suggests a strong start to jobs growth in January may not get wiped out by negative growth heading into the third quarter.
- IBM Costa Rica Delivery Center Deepens New Latin America Push
May 10 2012 1:35 PM
International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE: IBM), the No. 2 computer maker, opened a new services delivery center in Costa Rica, spearheading a $300 million investment there.
- AAirpass: American Airlines Vs. The Passengers Who Flew Too Much
May 08 2012 1:24 PM
American Airlines began the lifetime all-you-can-fly AAirpass program in the 1980s to earn cash on the quick, but several customers quickly got much more in return.
- Yahoo Shares Rise As Third Point Deadline Passes Without Action
May 07 2012 9:20 AM
Shares of Yahoo (Nasdaq: YHOO), the No. 3 search engine rose after the company said it was reviewing challenged backgrounds of top executives.
- Technology Focus: Facebook?s Risky IPO Could Poison The Pipeline
May 06 2012 9:15 AM
Two weeks from now, management at Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social network, will likely be partying. CFO Dave Ebersman probably will be tallying up at least $6.3 billion in cash from its initial public offering.
- Yahoo Shares Shrug Off Latest CEO ?Fraud? Charge By Activist Loeb
May 04 2012 9:45 AM
Shares of Yahoo Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO), the No. 3 search engine, shrugged off a new charge by activist shareholder Third Point that new CEO Scott Thompson falsified his credentials.
- Facebook IPO Price Will Be $35
May 03 2012 3:09 PM
Facebook, the 901-million-member social network priced its initial public offering at $35. It could be the biggest-ever IPO.
- Spirit Airlines Carry-On Luggage Fees To Cost Up To $100
May 03 2012 2:11 PM
Beginning in November, Spirit Airlines passengers who wait to pay for their carry-on luggage until they arrive at the gate may get sticker shock in the form of a $100 fee ? each way.
- Sotheby?s Shares Fall After ?The Scream? Sale
May 03 2012 10:56 AM
Shares of auctioneer Sotheby?s (NYSE: BID), which handled Wednesday?s record-breaking sale of Edvard Munch?s ?The Scream,? dropped as much as 5.1 percent in Thursday trading.
- Teradata Shares Jump After 1Q Results Show ?Big Data? Gains
May 03 2012 9:56 AM
Shares of ?Big Data? specialist Teradata (Nasdaq: TDC) jumped 8 percent after the computer specialist reported better-than-expected first quarter results.
- Computer Security: IBM Finds Too Many Companies Not Prepared
May 03 2012 8:32 AM
Despite publicity about hackers, intrusions into company databases and even the insertion of computer viruses into Iran?s nuclear program, most companies simply aren?t prepared to handle them, a new study from International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE: IBM) determined.
- Teradata, Informatica, Opera ? Future Candidates for ?Big Data? Roll-ups?
May 02 2012 3:54 PM
Now that the first anniversary of Osama Bin Laden?s death shed renewed light on the ?needle in the haystack? side of data analysis that helped catch him, investors might wonder how to take advantage of it.
- Facebook IPO, 3 Months At SEC, Expected Soon
May 02 2012 12:34 PM
As a result, the San Francisco company?s IPO could raise the $5 billion as outlined in the latest amendment to its IPO filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on April 23.
- Microsoft Buys Into Nook: 5 Reasons Why
May 01 2012 3:20 PM
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, announced it'll invest $300 million into a new business with Barnes & Noble (NYSE: BKS) to burnish the future of the Nook.
- Earnings Preview: Symantec To Confirm 4Q Warning On Lower Income
May 01 2012 8:36 AM
Symantec Corp. (Nasdaq: SYMC), the largest provider of security software, is likely to confirm prior guidance for lower-than-expected fourth-quarter results on Wednesday.
- Grupa ADV, Polish Media Group, Expects International Sales To Double In 2012
April 30 2012 12:56 PM
Grupa ADV (Pink: GPVSY), a fast-growing Polish media and software group, expects international sales to double this year, said CFO Adam Kuszyk.