- Airlines Doing Well In 2013: Industry Group
June 06 2013 5:42 AM
IATA's latest study shows that airlines' profits are up, thanks to lower-than-expected fuel prices and high passenger volume.
- Volvo Revs Up Output Goal By Two Years
June 04 2013 9:15 AM
The China-owned automaker is building two plants in China to help meet its ambitious goal.
- Boeing Notches Another 737 Order
May 31 2013 9:03 AM
International tour operator TUI Travel has agreed to buy $6 billion worth of Boeing's fuel-efficient 737 aircraft.
- Tesla To Triple Supercharger Network, Introduce $30K Electric Car
May 30 2013 12:36 AM
At D11, Elon Musk said he hopes to triple Tesla's Supercharger network and introduce an affordable all-electric car.
- Tesla's Elon Musk To Speak At D11 Conference
May 29 2013 5:47 PM
Who is Elon Musk? Tesla Motors and SpaceX CEO will speak at AllThingsD's annual conference tonight.
- Family Of 4 Killed In Wash. Car Crash
May 29 2013 4:37 PM
A family SUV collided with a car and plunged into a canal near Grant, Wash. Two adults died at the scene, and two children died at a hospital.
- Train Derails Near Baltimore; 1 Truck Driver Injured [UPDATE]
May 28 2013 4:14 PM
The cause of the train derailment and explosion near Baltimore is still under investigation. The injured truck driver has been hospitalized.
- Missouri Wreck The 3rd Rail Mishap In Rockview In 2013
May 26 2013 9:36 PM
The cost of replacing the Missouri Route M highway overpass creamed by the freight-train crash In Scott County is estimated at about $3 million.
- Beijing Envisions Bright Future For Electric Cars
May 21 2013 11:57 AM
Beijing is offering heavy subsidies to popularize electric cars, which may alleviate its pollution and congestion troubles.
- Commuters Face Challenges In Wake Of Connecticut Crash
May 19 2013 8:35 PM
Rail riders will continue to feel Monday the impacts of the commuter-train crash in Bridgeport Friday.
- Dozens Injured When Metro-North Trains Crash In Connecticut
May 17 2013 7:43 PM
Ambulances have rushed to the scene of a collision of two Metro-North Railroad trains that occurred Friday night.
- GE, Boeing Warn About 777 Engine Problem
May 16 2013 11:28 AM
A problem with engines in Boeing’s 777 jumbo jet has caused engines to fail in mid-flight twice this year.
- Nepal Plane Crashes Near Jomsom Airport
May 16 2013 4:50 AM
An aircraft carrying 21 people crashed while trying to land at a mountain airstrip, some 200 kilometers (125 miles) northwest of Kathmandu.
- Man Fleeing Zombies Pleads Guilty For Traffic Accidents
May 14 2013 8:33 AM
A Tennessee man stole a tractor-trailer and claimed he was fleeing zombies, leading to numerous traffic accidents in California.
- Airbus Shows Off First A350, The Boeing 787's Rival
May 13 2013 11:39 AM
Fresh out of the paint shop, the European 300-seater twinjet that will take on the Dreamliner gets ready for its first flight.
- Richard Branson Wears Makeup And Skirt For Flight After Losing Bet
May 12 2013 1:01 PM
Richard Branson lost a bet two years ago, and finally donned a red skirt and makeup, serving as a stewardess for a six-hour flight
- Kuwait Airways To Order 25 Jets From Airbus
May 12 2013 11:09 AM
The state-run airline chose Airbus over Boeing as it aims to upgrade its aging fleet.
- Why Tesla's CEO Probably Prefers Consumer Reports To The Times
May 09 2013 4:18 PM
Elon Musk may have a beef with the New York Times’ treatment of the Tesla Model S, but he must be pleased with Consumer Reports’ glowing review.
- EasyJet To Create Manmade Ash Cloud Over England, Then Fly Around It
May 07 2013 9:52 PM
When the next Icelandic volcano tosses ash into the sky, EasyJet hopes to have the technology in place to prevent the closure of air space.
- Chinese Shipper Orders World's Largest Container Ships For $700M
May 06 2013 11:33 AM
China Shipping Container Lines' 18.4K-box vessels surpass Maersk's 18K-capacity ships, but both are too big for the Panama Canal.