- Modern Marvel - Flying Has Never Been Safer
February 12 2013 10:28 AM
Today marks a record in U.S. aviation history -- it has been four years since the last fatal crash of a commercial airliner.
- What Huge Airline Merger Means For Ticket Prices
February 07 2013 7:50 AM
The expected merger of American Airlines and U.S. Airways will bring cost benefits to both and create the world's largest airline.
- Federal Aviation Administration Will Let Boeing Run 787 Test Flight Thursday
February 06 2013 9:18 PM
Boeing will be allowed to conduct a one-time ferry flight of a grounded 787 Dreamliner from Texas to Washington state Thursday, the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration said Wednesday.
- Longshoremen: Walkout Unlikely In US Container-Shipping Industry
February 02 2013 9:18 AM
Just days before East Coast and Gulf Coast dockworkers were about to go on strike, negotiators reached a tentative labor pact.
- Chrysler's January Sales In The US Surged 16%
February 01 2013 8:59 AM
Chrysler Group LLC, the No. 3 U.S. automaker, turned in a robust January as sales surged 16 percent.
- Boeing's 4Q Down, No Financial Impact Seen From 787 Grounding
January 30 2013 8:44 AM
Despite a nearly three-week grounding of its 787 Dreamliners due to battery concerns, Boeing expects the problem won't impact its 2013 earnings.
- Airline: Dreamliner Batteries Long Showed Defects
January 29 2013 11:19 PM
Even before two battery failures led to the grounding of all Boeing 787 Dreamliner jets, the planes’ lithium-ion batteries had experienced multiple problems that raised questions about their reliability, The New York Times reports.
- Boeing 787 Battery Problem Rekindles Fire Hazard Concern
January 28 2013 5:12 PM
The Boeing 787 Dreamliner fiery battery problen has renewed attention on an issue that never went away.
- Toyota Becomes World's No. 1 Carmaker
January 28 2013 9:45 AM
Japan's No. 1 carmaker, Toyota Motor Corporation (TYO:7283), became the world's biggest carmaker in 2012 by selling more vehicles than General Motors Company (NYSE:GM).
- NY Longshoremen's Strike: One Fight Labor Can Win?
January 25 2013 6:19 PM
Contract talks between the longshoremen and their employers in the New York area are coming down to the wire; a strike would devastate the U.S. economy but perhaps bolster the labor movement.
- Baby Flung From Car: Terrifying Video Of Child Ejected In A Car Crash Goes Viral
January 23 2013 1:28 PM
A video of a baby being flung from a mini-van has gone viral after a horrific car crash in Russia nearly took the child’s life.
- Boeing 787's Return To Service Remains Up In The Air
January 18 2013 3:50 PM
The agency that grounded Boeing's 787 Dreamliner as it investigates battery malfunctions does not know when it will allow the plane to fly again.
- Boeing Catches A PR 'Updraft' From Unionized Workers, Wall Street
January 18 2013 6:04 AM
Boeing, struggling to fix a serious battery problem in its 787 Dreamliner, catches a p.r. break from one of its unions, as well as Wall Street.
- Ford Hiring 2,200 Salaried Workers This Year
January 11 2013 8:19 AM
Ford will boost its payroll by 2,200 this year, the latest sign the No. 2 U.S. carmaker is firing on all cylinders.
- NYC Commuter Ferry Crash Injures 57
January 09 2013 11:29 AM
A commuter ferry crashed into a pier in lower Manhattan early Wednesday, injuring 57 people, one critically, the New York City Police Department said.
- US, Canadian Airlines Begin 2013 Flying High
January 07 2013 4:12 PM
Airlines post strong growth in traffic and passenger revenue for December thanks to factors that are expected to boost 2013 results.
- Subaru Recall 2013: Automaker Recalls Outback, Legacy And Other Top-Selling Models For 'Puddle Light' Issue
January 04 2013 10:36 AM
Subaru is recalling as many as 634,000 vehicles in the United States for potential lighting problems that could lead to smoke or fire
- Americans Flocked To Car Dealerships In December
January 03 2013 12:22 PM
Automakers ended 2012 on a high note as Americans kicked tires and drove more new vehicles off the lots last month than they had in years.
- AAA Tipsy Tow: How To Get A Free Ride Home On New Year's Eve 2013
December 31 2012 11:58 AM
AAA is offering its annual service for New Year's Eve 2013, Tipsy Tow, which provides motorists a free ride home.
- New Year's Eve 2013 Ushers In Extended Train, Shuttle Services
December 31 2012 7:36 AM
BART, TriMet and Broadway Shuttle will run extended services to enable the New Year partygoers to return home safely.