- Labor Woes Beset Workers Who Make Oscar Statuettes
February 21 2014 3:17 PM
Far from Hollywood, there's a labor dispute between Teamsters and R.S. Owens in Chicago, where Academy Awards statuettes are manufactured.
- Inside Wall Street's Most Secretive Fraternity
February 05 2014 1:14 AM
In a compelling new book, Kevin Roose exposes Wall Street's most powerful fraternity and the ordeals faced by young bankers.
- Meet The 'Tuhao,' China's New-Money 'Beverly Hillbillies'
October 17 2013 5:51 AM
China's wealthy class now has a new sub-demographic: the crass who have cash.
- 5 Ways Companies Are Cashing In On The Chinese Travel Boom
September 20 2013 5:42 AM
China will be the world’s largest outbound tourist market in months, so how are global companies adapting to meet the demand?
- Are You Ready For The Chinese Travel Boom?
October 27 2012 1:10 PM
For centuries, those in the East have scrambled to accommodate the needs of those in the West, but, in the next decade, things will change.
- Cyber Monday Deals 2011: Sales on Airfare, Hotels & Cruises
November 28 2011 11:40 AM
Cyber Monday offers incredible discounts on airfare, hotels, cruises and more.
- Black Friday 2011 Deals: Sales on Travel, Hotels & Cruises
November 22 2011 4:35 PM
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the absolute best times to book your 2011-2012 winter vacation. Check out these incredible deals on travel, hotels, cruises and more.
- Groupon Mulls Raising Price Range of Its Initial Public Offering
October 28 2011 9:14 PM
Groupon Inc. is considering raising the price range of its initial public offering, as underwriters grow more confident about demand after completing the East Coast leg of a two-week road show to woo investors.
- Now, St. Regis Hotel’s new Tiffany suite costs $8,500 a night
June 20 2011 3:27 AM
The world famous St. Regis hotel opened a redesigned Tiffany’s suite in Manhattan that costs $8,500 a night.
- Lavish “Gift Lounge” Opens Today at Cannes
May 11 2011 2:54 PM
The Cannes 2011 DPA Lounge Opened Today at the Intercontinental Carlton Hotel in Cannes
- Obama on Singing Protesters: Change Tougher Than Expected
April 22 2011 2:20 PM
President Barack Obama said Thursday that bringing change had been more difficult than a lot of us expected, after a group donors interrupted a campaign speech to protest in song the detention of the soldier that allegedly released a trove of government cables which eventually were obtained and disseminated by Wikileaks.
- Designer Visit: James Huniford on Long Island
August 25 2010 12:21 PM
New York-based design luminary James Huniford has worked on some of the grandest projects of the past decade (until recently he was a partner, with Stephen Sills, at Sills-Huniford, a reigning NYC firm), including an overhaul of the St. Regis Hotel.
- Sino Gas International Holdings, Inc. (SGAS.OB) Announces Presentation at the Global Hunter Securities 2010 China Conference on July 13 in San Francisco, CA
July 06 2010 9:31 AM
Sino Gas International Holdings, Inc., a leading developer of natural gas distribution systems in small- and medium-size cities in China, as well as a distributor of natural gas to residential, commercial and industrial customers in China, recently announced that the company will make a presentation at the Global Hunter Securities 2010 China Conference on July [...]
- World's top 20 business hotels (Photos)
November 30 2009 2:09 PM
Hotels that combine service, technology and comfort have topped a list of the world's best business hotels with the winners offering their guests those added extras that can make all the difference to a trip.
- The St. Regis Aspen Resort: Luxurious Ski Getaway
November 16 2009 1:27 PM
With the majestic Rocky Mountains as a backdrop, the St. Regis Aspen Resort is the ideal destination for anyone looking for a luxurious five-star ski getaway. The St. Regis Resort captures
- Enlist Allies to Fight Obscure but Pressing Dangers, says ex-Fed president
November 04 2009 6:07 PM
Enlist allies in the media and public policy to highlight little known but pressing issues, said the ex-Federal Reserve president who had forewarned for years about the growing dangers of financial companies considered “too-big-to fail.”
- Kuala Lumpur, Truly Business
October 05 2009 6:50 PM
By all appearances, Kuala Lumpur still is an affluent colonial crossroads on the trade routes between India and China. Its cultural diversity shows in every aspect of life here, from the Chinese and Indian
- Kauai’s Timeless Intrigue
July 23 2009 9:41 PM
The matriarch of the Hawaiian Islands, Kauai is a natural wonderland with visual gifts so bedazzling that Hollywood covets it for one blockbuster after another. Even the most talented of set designers would be hard-pressed to create more stunning scenery.
- J. Robert Scott: Conceptual Design
May 15 2009 12:53 PM
Founded in 1972 in Los Angeles by Hall of Fame designer Sally Sirkin Lewis, J. Robert Scott has provided clients with contemporary, well-made furnishings ever since.
- Starwood posts smaller profit on cost cuts
April 30 2009 8:40 AM
Starwood Hotels & Resort Worldwide
, which operates the W, Sheraton and St. Regis brands, beat expectations with its quarterly profit on Thursday as company-wide cost cuts offset shrinking demand.