Cory Monteith Cause Of Death Confirmed As Heroin And Alcohol Mix, BC Coroner Says

 @TreyeGreen t.green@ibtimes.com
on July 16 2013 6:04 PM
Cory Monteith
"Glee" star Cory Monteith was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room on July 13, 2013. Reuters

The British Columbia Coroners Service announced Tuesday a cause in the death of "Glee" star Cory Monteith, who was found dead in his Vancouver hotel room Saturday. It said Monteith, 31, died from a "mixture of drug toxicity" that included primarily heroin as well as alcohol.

Monteith was discovered at noon Saturday in his 21st floor room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel room. He checked in on July 6 and had been scheduled to check out that day. After he missed his checkout time, hotel staff went to his room and found him.

Read More: ‘Glee’ Star Cory Monteith Found Dead

Monteith had been open about his struggles with drug abuse as a teenager and recently completed a stint in rehab. Coroner Barbara McLintock added, "There is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most tragic accident." The Coroners Service continues to investigate the star's death.

  • After determining that there was no foul play invovled in the case, the Vancouver Police Department turned their investigation over to the British coroner's office. During a press conference on Tuesday, they also stated they will not be investiaging where Monteith obtained the heroin from, reports local news station CTV.

You can watch the video statement below:

Share this article

More News from IBT MEDIA