- One of the most fascinating chapters of the Beatles' history involves a British poet and novelist named Royston Ellis.
Titanic Artifacts To Go To Highest Bidder At 100-Year Anniversary Auction: Who Will Buy $189 Million Collection? [PHOTOS]Bidding on the largest sale of Titanic artifacts came to a close on Monday. As the 100-year-anniversary draws near, there is renewed interest in the ship, which sank in 1912.
- Who is not fascinated by the story of Titanic, the ship that sank on 15 April 1912? The tragic incident that claimed more than 1500 lives has fascinated every generation, from the time it occurred. For those who want to get a closer peek into history, here is your chance.
- A man from the Channel island of Guernsey became the oldest person to swim across the English Channel on Wednesday. It took him 17 hours.
- One of the best ways to get inside the head of British private equity boss Guy Hands is to study what gift he gives for Christmas. For years, Hands has sent friends and business associates a book he has recently read along with a letter discussing the work. The gift is designed to be both thoughtful and thought provoking.
- A casual comment by Doug Casey triggered my thoughts on how to get triple duty out of an atypical investment. My priorities are a little different because mothers focus on making money and being certain our families are taken care of, particularly when it comes to trifles like putting food on the table literally.
- A U.S. tax probe against Swiss bank UBS has killed traditional offshore banking and wealth managers will have to improve their offers to survive, bankers and industry experts said on Tuesday.
- Lehman Brothers Private Equity Partners Ltd has led the fundraising of nearly $10 million for Chinese travel search engine Qunar.com, in its first deal in China's consumer Internet sector, a source familiar with the situation said on Tuesday.