- Cuban migrants commonly stop in the Cayman Islands, which does not grant asylum, and either repatriates them or sends them back to sea.
- Data on the economic impact of illegal immigrants suggests expanding visa protections would be largely beneficial.
- The bodies of the beauty queen and her sister were found buried near a river in the mountainous region of Santa Barbara.
- The new campaign aims to stem violence in the country with the world's second-highest murder rate.
- The U.S. House of Representatives planned to vote on Friday on revised border security legislation that would make it easier to deport Central American child migrants from the southwestern border, satisfying a key demand from conservative Republicans.