- European banks have paid billions of dollars in fines for violating sanctions agreements in the past five years.
- News of the embargo came a day after economic sanctions were lifted against Iran for its nuclear program.
- Ali Kardor, the deputy for investment affairs of the National Iranian Oil Company, said Iran had made no such agreements with any company.
- According to the Iranian president, powerful countries in the region should stop interfering in other country’s matters.
- According to Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Majid Takht Ravanchi, Iran needs to boost its domestic economy to progress.
- According to German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Iran should be a part of the negotiations as it has a lot of influence over the Assad regime.