- The terror group known as Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) claimed responsibility for the assault on at least three hotels.
- Independent ethics investigator Michael Garcia has provided a lengthy report on his findings for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.
- A power struggle within the armed forces was resolved by sidelining the chief of staff.
- While Ebola has not spread to the Ivory Coast, the country shares a border with Guinea and Liberia and is the world's largest producer of cocoa.
- Scientists now believe the current Ebola outbreak began with an animal in West Africa in 2004.
- Brazil might not have an easy time against Colombia in the 2014 World Cup quarterfinals.