- Apple’s "iPhone 6" in 2014 may feature TSMC-built A8 chip, while new leaked photos suggest that "iPhone 5S" in 2013 may sport an A7 chip.
- Sapphire crystal has a hardness second only to that of diamonds, which could help prevent scratches and make the fingerprint sensor durable.
- Jefferies analyst Peter Misek says that Apple will launch the iPhone 6 with a bigger display in June 2014.
- KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said iPhone 5S, low-cost iPhone and the iPad Mini 2 will be launched later than previously reported.
- Apple is expected to release the iPhone 5S in July with the device availability to follow in August.
- According to an industry analyst, the sixth-generation iPhone, the iPhone 5S, will carry a built-in fingerprint sensor.
- Apple’s suppliers will reportedly start shipping components for a new iPhone by May-end for a Q3 release.