- A Bush spokesman said the former president is enjoying his time off the political stage and declined his invitation to this year's GOP convention.
- Obama didn't stump for Barrett in the Badger State, but sent out words of support in a nationally watched election
- The Congressional Budget Office said earlier this year in a report that the unemployment rate is already on its way down and will gradually decline to around 7 percent by the end of 2015, before dropping to near 5.5 percent by the end of 2017.
- A torrent of third-party spending has produced a drastic spike in the amount of negative advertising during the 2012 election cycle, a new study finds.
- Sarah Palin wowed the Conservative Political Action Committee 2012 conference on Saturday, her mama grizzly roar repeatedly bringing the audience to a standing ovation and reaffirming her relevance to the Republican Party.
- Saturday was a good day for presidential candidate Mitt Romney. Immediately after CPAC organizers announced that the former Massachusetts governor won the conference straw poll, the state GOP chair said he had also clinched the lead in Maine's caucuses.
- Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney beat party rival Rick Santorum in the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) 2012 straw poll, giving the front-runner a much-needed boost among conservative voters.
- Jimmy McMillan, better known as The Rent Is Too Damn High guy, gave an impromptu speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) 2012 on Saturday.
- An appearance by former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin created a massive scene at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel during CPAC 2012. Palin is still a rock star to the conservative base.
- Presidential candidate Mitt Romney struggled at the CPAC 2012 Conservative Political Action Conference on Friday to connect with Republican voters who either cannot relate to him or worry that he is not conservative enough.
- Many of the discussions at the CPAC 2012 conference have centered on the pros and cons of the prospective Republican presidential nominees. However, some believe the cultural war against liberalism is actually more important than whether Mitt Romney can defeat Democratic President Barack Obama on Nov. 6.
- More than 500 Occupy movement demonstrators took to the Marriott Wardman Park to protest the CPAC 2012 Conservative Political Action Conference on Friday. Sheet Metal Workers Local 100 members and hundreds of other unaffiliated people protested the multiday conservative conference.
- Conservative blogger and CPAC speaker Andrew Breitbart says he doesn't want to be a political pundit, but the media keeps treating him that way.
CPAC 2012: Rick Santorum on Obama Birth Control Bill: 'Nothing to Do with Social Conservatism' [VIDEO]Rick Santorum said that his opposition to President Barack Obama's birth control bill has nothing to do with social conservatism and that the White House's compromise to appeal to Catholic voters wasn't a compromise at all.
- Saturday Night Live alum and tea party activist Victoria Jackson said she was supporting Rick Santorum for president and thinks Mitt Romney is a socialist while at CPAC 2012 in Washington, D.C. on Friday.
- Washington, DC -- Ron Paul typically generates one of the largest followings at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), but the Republican presidential candidate decided to eschew the event in favor of campaigning in Maine.
- Cain arrived to the annual Republican Party conference Thursday to remind everyone he still exists - and, no, he hasn't given up on 9-9-9.