Need To Know
- House Passes Ban On Abortion After 20 Weeks
June 18 2013 7:42 PM
The House passed a ban after 20 weeks of pregnancy, a symbolic gift to conservatives that has zero chance of becoming law.
- 4 Americans Killed In Attack On Afghan Base
June 18 2013 7:07 PM
The attack comes on the same day as new hopes for peace talks with the Taliban.
- US Stock Futures Edge Higher Ahead Of Inflation, Housing Starts Data
June 18 2013 6:23 AM
U.S. stock index futures gain as markets await reports on inflation and housing starts.
- Jeff Garlin Escapes Vandalism Charges In Parking Lot Argument
June 18 2013 5:00 AM
In a parking space row, no charges will be filed against actor Jeff Garlin for vandalism after smashing a car window.
- Smart Parenting Gains Credence With 'The Cosby Show'
June 18 2013 3:26 AM
The Cosby Show was intended to change the way parenting was portrayed on television, says Bill Cosby.
- NASA Selects Eight New Astronauts Including Four Women
June 18 2013 2:59 AM
NASA has selected a new group of eight potential astronauts, half of which are women, the space agency announced on Monday.
- Sprint Sues To Stop Dish Takeover Of Clearwire
June 17 2013 8:49 PM
Sprint alleges that Dish has "repeatedly attempted to fool Clearwire's shareholders."
- Vietnam, Hong Kong, India Boast Of Asia’s Most Profitable Food Companies
June 17 2013 8:55 AM
Asia’s most consistently profitable food manufacturing companies are listed in Vietnam, Hong Kong and India.
- Turkey Labor Union Strike Jolts Financial Markets, Lira
June 17 2013 7:59 AM
Turkey labor unions call for a nationwide protest on Monday against police crackdown on protesters, weakening lira and financial markets.
- Apple Received Up To 5K Data Requests From US Authorities
June 17 2013 7:21 AM
Apple received between 4,000 and 5,000 requests from the U.S. law enforcement authorities for customer data relating to national security matters.
- US Stock Futures Edge Higher Ahead Of Manufacturing Survey
June 17 2013 6:49 AM
Investors also had an ear for a hint of the U.S. Federal Reserve's likely monetary policy stance at its meeting Wednesday.
- Brazil On Track For Record IPO Haul In H1 Despite Slowing Growth
June 17 2013 5:16 AM
Brazil's IPO market is set for a record haul with companies tipped to raise $10.6 billion in public offerings despite weak economic growth.
- Paula Cooper Sentenced To Death At 16 To Be Released
June 17 2013 2:51 AM
Paula Cooper, the Indiana woman who was handed a death sentence when she was 16 for killing a Bible school teacher, will be released on Monday.
- How Diving Mammals Survive Underwater Without Air
June 14 2013 8:11 AM
Diving mammals have an oxygen-storing protein in their muscles that allows them to survive underwater for long periods of time.
- Pre-Market Movers For June 14, 2013
June 14 2013 7:06 AM
Groupon Inc, Smith & Wesson Holding, SolarCity, Nokia, and GameStop Corp prevailed in pre-market trading on Friday.
- US Stock Futures Signal Flat Open On Friday
June 14 2013 6:04 AM
U.S. stock futures point to a flat open on Friday as investors await a host of economic data.
- Santa Monica Shooter Left Farewell Note: Police
June 14 2013 2:54 AM
John Zawahri, who gunned down five people in Santa Monica last Friday, left a remorseful note after killing his father and brother, police said.
- Warm Ocean Waters Melting Antarctic Ice From Bottom
June 14 2013 1:45 AM
A new study shows how most of Antarctica’s ice shelves are melting from the underside due to warm ocean waters.
- NASA Scientists Find 26 New Black Holes In Andromeda Galaxy
June 13 2013 7:45 AM
Astronomers at NASA identified 26 new black holes in the Andromeda Galaxy, one of the galaxies closest to the Milky Way.
- Pre-Market Movers For June 13, 2013
June 13 2013 6:57 AM
Safeway Inc, DRDGOLD, Men's Wearhouse, Research In Motion and Vanda Pharmaceuticals prevailed in pre-market trading on Thursday.