Need To Know
- Japan's October Trade Deficit Wider Than Forecast
November 19 2013 7:55 PM
Both imports and exports boomed, but fuel costs took a toll.
- JPMorgan To Pay Out $4 Billion To Aid Homeowners
November 18 2013 7:27 PM
The record-setting deal with the government is likely to be announced Tuesday.
- US Senate Passes Gay Workplace Rights Bill, 64-32
November 07 2013 3:11 PM
Ten Republicans joined all Democratic senators in the vote. However, the bill faces a much sterner test in the GOP-controlled U.S. House.
- Colorado Approves Tax On Marijuana
November 05 2013 10:46 PM
The measure follows a referendum last year legalizing marijuana for recreational use.
- De Blasio Elected NYC Mayor, First Democrat In 20 Years
November 05 2013 9:17 PM
The nation's largest city has a Democratic mayor for the first time in decades.
- Terry McAuliffe Elected Governor In Virginia
November 05 2013 8:30 PM
The Democrat gained steadily and overtook Republican Ken Cuccinelli in the governor's race.
- Chris Christie Wins Re-Election In New Jersey
November 05 2013 8:07 PM
Networks called the governor's election the minute the polls closed.
- Gay Rights Bill Passes Key Vote In Senate
November 04 2013 6:47 PM
The Employment Non-Discrimination Act passed cloture by 61-30, one more vote than needed.
- JPMorgan Reported Near $6B Deal Over Junk Securities
October 22 2013 9:45 PM
The proposed settlement with institutional investors comes on top of an agreement to pay off the federal government.
- Fitch Puts US Credit Rating On 'Watch Negative'
October 15 2013 5:11 PM
As the default deadline nears, the credit rating entity had a stern warning for Washington's officials.
- How To Fix Apple iOS 7 Activation Error After iOS 7 Beta 6 Expired
October 06 2013 11:28 AM
Many people are receiving an "activation required" error message after updating to Apple iOS 7, but there are many available solutions.
- Libya Protests ‘Kidnap’ Of Al Qaeda Suspect
October 06 2013 9:35 AM
U.S. special forces in Tripoli seized an accused mastermind of 1998 bombings.
- US Capitol Police Who Responded To Shooting Not Being Paid
October 03 2013 4:37 PM
Capitol police are "essential employees," who must report to work despite the lapse in funding for federal operations, but they're still not being paid.
- House Votes To Delay Obamacare For A Year As Shutdown Clock Ticks
September 29 2013 9:54 AM
House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, blasts Senate Democrats for waiting until Monday to vote.
- Japan Inflation At 5-Year High In Success For BoJ Policy
September 26 2013 9:10 PM
Core consumer inflation hit 0.8 percent in August over a year earlier, the government announced Friday.
- JC Penney Selling 96.6M Shares To Raise Funds
September 26 2013 8:52 PM
The struggling department store chain seems to be seeking to boost its cash reserves.
- US, Russia Agree On Syria Resolution At UN
September 26 2013 6:51 PM
The draft "requires" Syria to give up chemical weapons but has no real teeth.
- Roosevelt Field Mall Shooter Identified As Sang Ho Kim; Still At Large
September 25 2013 4:17 PM
The alleged Roosevelt Field Mall, Long Island shooter was identified as Sang Ho Kim on Wednesday afternoon. He is still at large.
- Chrysler Files IPO As UAW Trust Pressures Fiat
September 23 2013 9:50 PM
The move by the union's retirement fund complicates Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne's campaign to take over the whole firm.
- Kenya Says Westgate Mall Siege Is Over
September 23 2013 5:18 PM
Authorities say they have taken full control from the attackers and no more hostages are being held.