- The appropriations chairmen of both houses say the bill keeps the federal government running without threat of a shutdown.
- The nation's largest city has a Democratic mayor for the first time in decades.
- The proposed settlement with institutional investors comes on top of an agreement to pay off the federal government.
- Many people are receiving an "activation required" error message after updating to Apple iOS 7, but there are many available solutions.
- Capitol police are "essential employees," who must report to work despite the lapse in funding for federal operations, but they're still not being paid.
- House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, blasts Senate Democrats for waiting until Monday to vote.