Need To Know
- Top After-Market NASDAQ Movers For May 21, 2013
May 22 2013 2:41 AM
FX Energy, NetApp, Canadian Solar, DryShips, and AcelRx prevailed in the Nasdaq post-market trading on Tuesday.
- Weiner Enters NYC Mayoral Race, Admitting 'Big Mistakes'
May 22 2013 2:27 AM
Anthony Weiner, who resigned from congress amid a sexting scandal, is officially running for NYC mayor.
- 9-Year-Old Among First Confirmed Dead In Tornado
May 22 2013 1:38 AM
Nine-year-old Ja'Nae Hornsby is one of the first victims to be identified after the Oklahoma tornado Monday.
- Senate Committee Passes Immigration Bill, 13-5
May 21 2013 8:52 PM
Compromise is good news for high-tech employers, bad news for gay couples.
- ESPN Lays Off Hundreds Of Employees
May 21 2013 7:12 PM
ESPN laid off as many as 400 employees on Tuesday.
- Guatemala Court Overturns Former Military Ruler Rios Montt’s Conviction
May 21 2013 9:14 AM
Guatemala’s highest court on Monday annulled a conviction against former dictator Efrain Rios Montt.
- Top Pre-Market Movers For May 21, 2013
May 21 2013 8:09 AM
Real Goods Solar Inc, The Home Depot Inc, Rio Tinto Plc, BHP Billiton prevailed in pre-market trading on Tuesday.
- Media Paint Rosy Picture For Indo-China Relations, Indian Public Wary
May 21 2013 7:11 AM
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang’s visit to India prompts the media to see a benign future for Indo-China relations. The Indian public remains wary, an independent survey says.
- US Stock Futures Point To Mixed Open On Tuesday After Wall Street Snaps Rally
May 21 2013 6:06 AM
U.S. stock index futures point to a mixed open Tuesday after major U.S. indices retreated from their rally on Monday.
- Top After-Market NASDAQ Movers For May 20, 2013
May 21 2013 2:37 AM
China Sunergy, JA Solar, Canadian Solar, Rockwell and BioMarin prevailed in the Nasdaq post-market trading on Monday.
- North Korea Frees Chinese Fishing Boat And Crew
May 21 2013 12:37 AM
North Korea has freed a private Chinese fishing vessel it had seized, a Chinese official in Pyongyang said Tuesday morning.
- How To Help Oklahoma Tornado Victims
May 20 2013 11:26 PM
Help the victims of the Oklahoma City tornado by contributing time and money.
- Chinese Accused Of Inflating Trade Surplus Tenfold
May 20 2013 10:33 PM
China’s trade surplus is only a tenth of the $61 billion reported so far this year after accounting for fake transactions, Bank of America Corp. says.
- President Obama To Meet Myanmar’s President Thein Sein In DC
May 20 2013 9:41 AM
President Barack Obama will meet Myanmar’s President Thein Sein on Monday, amid apprehensions over sustainability of the nation’s reforms.
- North Korea Fires Sixth Projectile Off The East Coast
May 20 2013 9:09 AM
N.Korea fired a second short-range projectile into the sea off its east coast on Monday, taking the tally to six missile launches since Saturday.
- China, India Jointly Push For New Initiative To Resolve Border Dispute
May 20 2013 8:31 AM
China and India on Monday decided to end their border disputes amicably, while signing new agreements to strengthen ties.
- Pre-Market Movers For May 20, 2013
May 20 2013 7:46 AM
Cytori, Commtouch, Silicom, Perion, Yahoo are among the companies that prevailed in the pre-market trading on Monday.
- China Asks North Korea To Free 16 Chinese Fishermen
May 20 2013 6:03 AM
China has asked North Korea to release 16 Chinese fishermen, who were on board a Chinese fishing boat.
- US Stock Futures Point To Mixed Open Ahead Of Chicago Fed National Activity Index
May 20 2013 5:37 AM
U.S. stock index futures point to a mixed open on Monday ahead of release of Chicago Fed National Activity Index for April.
- Syrian Troops Take Rebel Town; Hezbollah Reported In Fight
May 19 2013 11:16 AM
Assad regime forces say they have captured the rebel-held town of Qusayr, near the Lebanese border.