Need To Know
- North Korea Fires Another Missile Off East Coast
May 19 2013 9:48 AM
The action follows the launch of three short-range missiles Saturday.
- Violence Strikes Across Iraq: At Least 43 Killed
May 18 2013 8:32 AM
Twin bomb blasts hit a Sunni Muslim mosque in the Iraqi city of Baquba, some 50 kilometers (31 miles) to the northeast of Baghdad.
- North Korea Launches 3 Missiles Into Sea
May 18 2013 7:14 AM
A South Korean official told Reuters the government would not speculate whether the missiles were part of a drill or training exercise.
- Chinese Man Accused Of Insulting Quran In Kashmir
May 18 2013 6:21 AM
A Chinese national was taken into protective custody in Pakistani-administered Kashmir, over alleged insult of the Quran.
- S&P Retains Negative Outlook On India's Sovereign Rating
May 18 2013 5:05 AM
Credit rating agency Standard and Poor's (S&P) on Friday reiterated its negative outlook on India's BBB- sovereign rating.
- Top After-Market NYSE Movers For May 17, 2013
May 18 2013 2:37 AM
EPL, Ellie Mae, Copa Holdings, United States Cellular Corporation and Heckmann prevailed in the NYSE post-market trading on Friday.
- Philippines Special Envoy In Taiwan Cautions Filipino Workers To Keep Low Profile
May 17 2013 8:53 AM
Philippines special envoy in Taiwan on Friday advised thousands of Filipino workers to keep a low profile, amid a diplomatic row.
- Pre-Market Movers For May 17, 2013
May 17 2013 8:21 AM
National Bank of Greece, SINA, ArcelorMittal, Tesla, and Nokia prevailed in the pre-market trading on Friday.
- Russia Sold Advanced Missiles To Syria: US
May 17 2013 8:02 AM
Russia sold advanced Yakhont anti-ship cruise missiles to Syria’s President Bashar Assad-led government, according to U.S. officials.
- Iran Election: Cleric Says Women Cannot Be Presidential Candidates
May 17 2013 6:51 AM
Thirty women had registered as candidates, although there was little hope that any of them stood a chance in the election.
- Nigerian Forces Launch Offensive Against Militants
May 17 2013 5:34 AM
Nigerian armed forces have launched raids against Boko Haram Islamist militants in the north-east, officials said on Thursday.
- Android, iOS Power Over 92% Of All Smartphones Shipped In Q1 2013: IDC
May 17 2013 4:29 AM
Android and iOS operating systems ran on more than 92 percent of all smartphones in the first quarter of 2013, according to the IDC.
- US Stock Futures Signal Higher Open Ahead of Consumer Sentiment Report
May 17 2013 4:06 AM
U.S. stock index futures point to a higher open on Friday ahead of the publication of the University of Michigan consumer confidence report.
- Top After-Market NASDAQ Movers For May 16, 2013
May 17 2013 2:59 AM
SINA, ViaSat, Cerus, Oncothyreon, and Ambac Financial prevailed in the Nasdaq post-market trading on Thursday.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 May Feature Sleeker Bezel, Same Build As Galaxy S4, S3
May 17 2013 2:37 AM
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is expected to come with a sleeker bezel while retaining the same build as the Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S3, states a new report.
- Top After-Market NYSE Movers For May 16, 2013
May 17 2013 2:23 AM
National Bank of Greece, InvenSense, Accuride, Diana Shipping and Terex prevailed in the NYSE post-market trading on Thursday.
- Obama Taps OMB Official To Head IRS
May 16 2013 4:10 PM
Danny Werfel currently serves as the controller for the Office of Management and Budget. He starts at the IRS on May 22.
- Ceiling Collapse At Cambodia Shoe Factory Kills Two, Injures Seven
May 16 2013 9:05 AM
A ceiling collapsed at a shoe factory in Cambodia on Thursday killing at least two workers.
- Samsung Reportedly Ships 4 Million Galaxy S4 Units In Just 4 Days After Release
May 16 2013 8:51 AM
According to a new report, Samsung had shipped as many as four million Galaxy S4 units in just four days after release.
- Israel To Legalize Four Unauthorized West Bank Settler Outposts
May 16 2013 8:01 AM
The government said it has taken steps to give retroactive approval to four West Bank settlement outposts built without official consent.