Need To Know
- US Stock Futures Point To Lower Open Ahead Of Jobless Claims Data
May 09 2013 6:11 AM
U.S. stock index futures point to a lower open on Thursday ahead of the publication of the Labor Department's weekly jobless claims data.
- Pakistani Prisoner Sanaullah Haq Dies In Indian Hospital After Jail Attack
May 09 2013 3:59 AM
A Pakistani prisoner, who was critically injured at a high-security prison in Indian-administered Kashmir, died in a hospital on Thursday.
- iOS 7 Web Traffic Surges On iPhones, iPads Ahead Of WWDC 2013
May 09 2013 3:03 AM
Data from the serve logs of some websites reveal that Web traffic from devices running Apple's as-yet unreleased iOS 7 has increased significantly in recent days.
- Top After-Market NASDAQ Movers For May 8
May 09 2013 2:22 AM
Tesla Motors, Green Mountain, Ctrip, Groupon, and SolarCity are among the companies that prevailed in the Nasdaq post-market trading on Wednesday.
- Pre-Market Movers For May 8, 2013
May 08 2013 7:47 AM
Sothebys, Whole Foods, Amerisafe, Cognizant, STMicroelectronics prevailed in the pre-market trading on Wednesday.
- Pak Polls: Imran Khan Advised Rest After Dramatic Fall From A Forklift
May 08 2013 6:30 AM
Pakistani politician Imran Khan was advised to rest for a week after sustaining injuries in a fall while campaigning.
- US Stock Futures Point To Lower Wednesday Open After DJIA's Record-Setting Day
May 08 2013 6:03 AM
Traders and institutional investors are preparing for another round of corporate earnings reports.
- Galaxy S4 Zoom: Samsung’s First Camera Phone May Have 16 Megapixel Sensor
May 08 2013 4:04 AM
Samsung’s first camera phone will be named the “Galaxy S4 Zoom,” and it will feature a 16-megapixel camera, according to a new report.
- Apple iPhone 5S LCD Display Production To Commence In June By Sharp
May 08 2013 2:46 AM
Sharp, one of Apple’s primary display suppliers, is set to begin mass production of LCD display panels for the “iPhone 5S.”
- Top After-Market NASDAQ Movers For May 7, 2013
May 08 2013 2:13 AM
WebMD Health, Accuray, Whole Foods, Myriad Genetics, and Electronic Arts prevailed in the Nasdaq post-market trading on Tuesday.
- Syria Disappears From Internet, Companies Report
May 08 2013 12:11 AM
At 2:45 p.m. EDT, Google and Umbrella Security Labs reported a sudden drop in traffic from Syria from what appears to be an Internet disruption.
- US And Russia To Call Syria Peace Conference
May 07 2013 10:24 PM
Russia and the United States have agreed to invite Syria's warring parties to an international conference, possibly within this month.
- Mark Sanford Wins SC House Seat Despite Scandal
May 07 2013 9:05 PM
Former South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford scored a remarkable comeback from an adultery scandal Tuesday, winning back his former House seat.
- Disney Q2 Earnings Up 32%, Beat Expectations
May 07 2013 8:51 PM
The Walt Disney Co. (NYSE:DIS) reported its fiscal second-quarter earnings jumped to $1.51 billion, or 83 cents a share.
- Holmes Seeks Insanity Plea In Aurora Theater Massacre
May 07 2013 7:18 PM
Aurora theater gunman James Holmes wants to change his plea to not guilty by reason of insanity, his lawyers said Tuesday.
- Pre-Market Movers For May 7, 2013
May 07 2013 7:47 AM
Cliffs Natural, Nokia, HSBC, Youku Tudou, Rio Tinto, Barclays prevailed in the pre-market trading on Tuesday.
- Apple iPad Mini 2 With Retina Display Could Go Into Mass Production Next Month: Analyst
May 07 2013 7:17 AM
NPD DisplaySearch analyst Richard Shim claimed on Monday that the device's mass production could begin soon.
- How To Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 Using CM 10.1 M3 Custom ROM
May 07 2013 6:22 AM
The CyanogenMod (CM) 10.1 M3 custom ROM based on the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware update got released last week.
- US Stock Futures Point To Lower Open On Tuesday Ahead Of Job Openings, March Consumer Credit Reports
May 07 2013 5:54 AM
U.S. stock index futures point to a slightly lower open on Tuesday ahead of the Consumer Credit report for March.
- Apple iPhone 6/ 5S Rumors: Verizon’s $100 Discount On iPhone 5 Suggests New Model Forthcoming
May 07 2013 3:12 AM
Verizon will offer a $100 discount on the iPhone 5 by middle of this month, according to rumors.