Need To Know
- US Stock Rally To Continue As Summer Beckons?
May 28 2013 5:32 AM
U.S. stock futures pointed to a higher open Tues., buoyed by Asia's and Europe's solid upside day.
- Amway India CEO, Two Directors Arrested For Fraud
May 28 2013 5:04 AM
Amway’s India chairman and CEO William S Pinckney and two company directors were arrested Monday on charges of financial fraud.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals To Buy Bausch & Lomb
May 28 2013 4:01 AM
The Canadian drugmaker's takeover deal places it among the world's biggest pharmaceutical firms
- Brookyln Bridge Reopened After Abandoned Vehicle Causes Closure
May 28 2013 3:00 AM
The Brooklyn Bridge was re-opened to traffic after being closed on Monday, following suspicions over an abandoned vehicle.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Likely To Sport 13 Megapixel Camera With Optical Image Stabilization
May 28 2013 2:39 AM
Samsung's upcoming Galaxy Note 3 is rumored to feature a 13-megapixel camera with Optical Image Stabilization, or OIS technology.
- African Union Forming Emergency Military Task Force
May 27 2013 10:08 AM
Africa made strides in creating its own military rapid reaction force to deal with security emergencies in the continent.
- India Vies For Investments, Nuclear Deal Accord With Japan
May 27 2013 8:18 AM
Accord on civil nuclear cooperation and wooing of Japanese investments to India dominate the agenda of Indian PM's state visit to the nation.
- Communist Rebels Kill 7 Filipino Policemen In Ambush
May 27 2013 6:45 AM
Northern Philippines was witness to death of seven Filipino policemen on Monday in a Communist guerrilla ambush.
- Europeans Investigate Apple's iPhone Sales Tactics
May 27 2013 5:37 AM
The European Commission will investigate Apple's tactics to sell the iPhone.
- Nikkei Falls By More Than 3 Percent, Again
May 27 2013 4:24 AM
Japan's Nikkei index fell yet again by more than 3 percent in a cautious Asian market.
- Bus Plunge In India Claims 21 Lives
May 27 2013 3:44 AM
About 11 members of a family were among 21 people killed when a bus fell into a canal in India's Uttar Pradesh state.
- London Murder Suspect Was Arrested In Kenya In 2010
May 26 2013 11:03 AM
Michael Adebolajo was caught trying to join Somali fighters, Kenyans say, but was sent back to UK.
- African Union Celebrates 50-Year Anniversary
May 25 2013 11:41 AM
On May 25, 1963, the AU’s predecessor, the Organization of African Unity, was established.
- Seven Filipino Soldiers, Five Militants Killed In Military Offensive Against Abu Sayyaf Militants
May 25 2013 7:23 AM
A Philippine military a raid on the al-Qaeda-linked Abu Sayyaf militants killed seven Filipino soldiers and five militants, on Saturday.
- China Seals Maiden Free Trade Deal With Switzerland
May 25 2013 5:54 AM
Li Keqiang seems have to scored big in Switzerland with the signing of a bilateral free trade agreement on Friday.
- Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On HTC One X Using CM10.1 [Tutorial]
May 25 2013 3:59 AM
HTC One X users can update their device with CM10.1 RC2 custom ROM based on the new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware update.
- Cylinder Blast In School Bus Kills 17 Children, Teacher In Pakistan
May 25 2013 3:24 AM
An gas cylinder explosion in a school bus killed at least 17 children and a teacher in Pakistan's Gujrat district in Punjab province.
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Spotted Running On Nexus 4, Features Updated Camera UI
May 25 2013 3:05 AM
Thailand Mobile Expo 2013 seems to have taken the wraps off Android 4.3 Jelly Bean as it was spotted running on a Nexus 4 device.
- Top After-Market NYSE Movers For May 24, 2013
May 25 2013 2:40 AM
The top after-market NYSE gainers Friday were Hertz Global Holdings Ltd, Quicksilver Resources, Yingli Green Energy Holdings Co. Ltd, Nordic American Tanker Ltd and Office Depot Inc. The top after-market NYSE losers were Exelon Corporation, Cimarex Energy Co., NRG Energy Inc., Global Ship Lease Inc., and FirstEnergy Corp.
- Japan's Shinzo Abe Embarks On Maiden Myanmar Trip
May 24 2013 8:50 AM
With Tokyo seeking to bolster ties with Asia countries to counter China's influence in the region, Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe began his maiden visit to Myanmar.