- The Venezuelan parliament ordered an inquiry into post-election violence, even as opposition leader alleged of 'stolen' elections.
- Nicolas Maduro was sworn in as Venezuela’s president on Friday amid protests from Venezuela’s opposition supporters.
- Chavez successor Maduro has accused the U.S. of sparking the violence that has erupted in Venezuela following his razor-thin win in Sunday's election.
- Nicolas Maduro, Hugo Chavez’s preferred successor, narrowly won the presidential election.
- Venezuela’s acting president, Nicolas Maduro, commands a 14% lead over his rival ahead of the the Apr. 14 presidential election.