With only two weeks remaining on the season, the NFC East has become the most competitive division, with three teams battling for either the division title or the wild card spot.
Forget the Washington Redskins (5-9) who were basically eliminated in November.
Here's the breakdown of how the Dallas Cowboys (8-6), New York Giants (7-7), and Philadelphia Eagles (6-8) could find their way into the NFC Playoffs.
First, the Cowboys.
Dallas can clinch the NFC East division title on Saturday with:
- A Cowboys win, and a Giants loss or tie to the Jets
- A Cowboys tie and a Giants loss
Dallas can become a wild card team if:
- The Cowboys beat the Eagles, but lose to the Giants, and the Falcons lose both their games.
Now, the Giants.
The Giants are eliminated from the wild card spot, and can only make the playoffs this way:
- The Giants control their own destiny. They must defeat both the Jets and Cowboys.
Finally, the Eagles.
The Eagles are eliminated from the wild card spot, and can only make the playoffs this way:
- The Eagles must win both remaining games against the Cowboys and Redskins.
- The Jets must beat the Giants on Dec. 24.
- The Giants must beat the Cowboys on Jan. 1.