Crude Oil Fundamental Analysis February 13, 2012, Forecast
Economic Events: (GMT)
- This Week in PetroleumRelease Schedule: Wednesday @ 1:00 p.m. EST (schedule)
- Gasoline and Diesel Fuel UpdateRelease Schedule: Monday between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. EST (schedule)
- Weekly Petroleum Status ReportRelease Schedule: The wpsrsummary.pdf, overview.pdf, and Tables 1-14 in CSV and XLS formats, are released to the Web site after 10:30 a.m. (Eastern Time) on Wednesday. All other PDF and HTML files are released to the Web site after 1:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) on Wednesday. Appendix D is produced during the winter heating season, which extends from October through March of each year. For some weeks which include holidays, releases are delayed by one day. (schedule)
- Heating Oil & Propane Update (October-March) Heating Oil, Propane Residential and Wholesale Price DataRelease Schedule: Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. EST
- Weekly Coal ProductionRelease Schedule: Thursday by 5:00 p.m. EST
- Weekly NYMEX Coal FuturesRelease Schedule: Monday by 5:00 p.m. EST
- Coal News & MarketsRelease Schedule: Monday by 5:00 p.m. EST
- Natural Gas Weekly UpdateRelease Schedule: Thursday between 2:00 and 2:30 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- Weekly Natural Gas Storage ReportRelease Schedule: Thursday at 10:30 (Eastern Time) (schedule)
Analysis and Recommendations:
Crude Oil is currently trading 98.56 a barrel down 1.29. Today the International Energy Agency cut its outlook for global demand. With Europe falling into a recession and dragging its neighbors with it, use of crude will drop in the EU but also for exports and manufacturers around the globe.
Current GDP growth is now forecast at 3.3% down from the 4% the level used for the previous forecast in September. The US Department of Energy forecast just the opposite, citing an increase of 50,000 barrels per day.
Oil has been staying in pretty close range above 97.00 and below 100's except in response to rumor and rhetoric.
Crude Oil Pivot Points (Time Frame: 1 Day)
Name S3 S2 S1 Pivot R1 R2 R3