- UAE ditched plans to join the proposed Gulf Cooperation Council monetary union.
- Oil drops below $62 in Asia as big rally pauses.
- Singapore economy shrinks 14.6 percent in 1Q.
- World markets fall after Fed sees deeper slowdown.
- Advance Auto beats by $0.10, posts Q1 EPS of $1.02 as revs rise 10.3% to $1.68B.
- AnnTaylor Stores swung to a Q1 loss of $2.3M; revs down 28% to $426.7M.
- Britain's debt outlook lowered to negative.
- BJ's Wholesale Club's Q1 net rises 41% to $24.3M; revs up 0.2% at $2.26B.
- Cable & Wireless full-year profit drops 13 percent on restructuring costs.
- China shares down on renewed concerns over economic recovery.
- Computer Sciences reports Q4 EPS of $1.53 (cons $1.47); revs down 8.3% to $4.11B. Sees FY10 EPS of $4.20-4.30 (cons $4.08).
- Deere & Co.'s Q2 net fell 38% on weak equipment sales. Sees Y09 net at $1.1B (prev $1.5B).
- Eaton Vance beats by $0.01, posts Q2 EPS of $0.22. Revs fell 5.3% to $198.4M.
- Forest Oil prices a 12.5M share common stock offering at $18.25/sh.
- Treasury poised to inject more than $7B into GMAC, the first instalment of a new aid package that could reach $14B.
- GMAC to receive $7+B from the federal government.
- Limited beats by $0.04, posts Q1 EPS of $0.01. Revs fell 10.4% to $1.73B.
- NetApp to acquire fellow data-storage company Data Domain Inc. for $1.5B.
- Regions Financial plans to offer $1B in common shares, $250M in new convertible preferred shares.
- Southwest Airlines warned that May revenues are quite soft.
- Target's Q1 earnings decline 13% to $522M but beat expectations. Revs up 0.2% at $14.83B.
- Tween Brands beats by $0.13, Q1 loss of $0.06. Revs fell 18.5% to $205.2M.
Economic Calendar: Data on Initial Claims, Leading Indicators, Philadelphia Fed to be released today.
Earnings Calendar: ADSK, ARO, BKE, BKS, BONT, BRCD, CRM, FL, GPS, HIBB, HRL, KIRK, NWY, PSUN, ROST, SMRT, TECD.
Recent Egan-Jones Rating Actions
GMAC LLC (GM1) [ Upgrade from D to B-! on too important to fail sentiment ]
DEERE & CO (DE)
MEDTRONIC INC (MDT)
CUMMINS INC (CMI)
MCDONALD'S CORP (MCD)
GENWORTH FINANCIAL INC (GNW)
AGCO CORP (AGCO)
MACY'S INC (M)
HEWLETT-PACKARD CO (HPQ)
FOOT LOCKER INC (FL)
GENESCO INC (GCO)
AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES INC (A)
VALSPAR CORP (VAL)
Provided by www.egan-jones.com