British Pound (GBP)


The Pound weakened versus the Dollar after a choppy trading session  finishing as the weakest of the majors. No economic data caused the  decline in the Pound and it started only after the European markets  closed. BRC Retail Sales monitor came out overnight and showed a  contraction from 1.8% to -0.1%. Overall, GBP/USD traded with a low of  1.6326 and with a high of 1.6443. Today, Manufacturing Production is  expected worse at 0.3% versus 0.4% and Industrial Production expected  also weaker at 0.3% versus 0.5% prior. Niesr GDP estimate will be  released later on the day, the prior was -0.4%.