“Dancing with the Stars” aired its spookiest episode of the 2014 season when Week 7 of the ABC reality competition featured Halloween-themed routines by all eight of the remaining couples. But some of the creepy performances failed to give the “DWTS” judges chills, resulting in one surprising elimination.
1. Len Goodman Returns: Like a creature of the night, Len slipped back into the “DWTS” scene and into his judge’s chair after a few weeks absent. But his hiatus didn’t make him soft -- if anything the judge came back harsher than ever as he critiqued the Season 19 dancers. (Let’s just say low-score paddles were flying.)
2. Michael Waltrip’s Stumbling Routine: Michael must have one heck of a fan base, because there seems to be no other reason how he’s managed to survive the competition this long. His Jive with Emma Slater (which wasn’t jive at all, according to Bruno Tonioli) earned the duo a low score of 20 out of 40.
3. Till Death Do Us Part: Janel Parish paid tribute to her ABC Family series by performing a menacing Waltz routine to the “Pretty Little Liars” theme song “Secret” by the Pierces. The performance ended in bloodshed as Janel took a knife and stabbed her partner Val Chmerkovskiy to death. But just because her partner died in the routine doesn’t mean the duo’s alleged relationship is six feet under. Fans are still watching wide-eyed at this season’s big showmance.
4. Alfonso Ribeiro’s Big News: Alfonso and his partner Witney Carson kept their rumba routine simple (which earned high praises from Len) but stole the show with their extravagant news. Alfonso is going to be a dad -- again! The actor is expecting another baby with his wife. Now that’s something to dance about.
5. Zombie Dynasty: While Witney kept her routine sweet and simple, Mark Ballas went all out with the Halloween effects (fog, tombstones and zombies) as he chased Sadie Robertson around the dance floor during their paso doble performance. Len was quick to say the showy performance took away from the routine with its flashy props. But hey, we enjoyed it -- especially when Sadie was devoured by a couple of undead.
6. Group Performances: Team Itsy Bitsy vs. Team Creepy proved to be an entertaining part of the episode as the groups went head to head with two very different routines.
Team Itsy Bitsy, which consisted of Bethany-Derek, Janel-Val, Lea-Artem and Michael-Emma, performed a sexy routine to “Black Widow.” The performance earned praises from the judges and all four couples were deemed safe. Yep, even Michael … again.
Team Creepy, who was made up of Sadie-Mark, Tommy-Peta, Antonio-Cheryl and Alfonso-Witney, put on a campy performance to “Time Warp.” And was it just us, or did Tommy make the perfect Riff Raff? However, the judges weren’t too impressed with their spooky routine, claiming it wasn’t in sync, and ultimately it was one of the contestants on Team Creepy that was sent home.
7. Antonio Sabato Jr.’s Farewell: It was revealed that Antonio and Cheryl Burke would be the ones sashaying off the ballroom floor due to his current TV endeavor, “Fix It & Finish It.” And while we’re sad to see Antonio and his sizzling-six pack leave, we’re more curious if Cheryl will be returning next season on “DWTS.” During their final moments on the show Cheryl teased that Season 19 may be her last when she said this installment of the show was her “most memorable for so many reasons.” Is that because the 2014 season was her final run?
Sound off if you think Cheryl will be returning for Season 20 of “Dancing with the Stars” in the comments section below.