Scott Disick might compete in Season 22 of ABC’s “Dancing With the Stars,” but it seems not everyone is thrilled about that prospect. Alfonso Ribeiro, who won the highly coveted Mirror Ball Trophy in 2014, weighed in the “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” star potentially having been cast.
Amid rumors about Disick’s participation in the show, TMZ caught up with Ribeiro, 44, outside of Madeo in West Hollywood. The former star of “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air” was asked to share his opinions about Disick, 32, possibly being cast. Ribeiro said he did not know Disick and did not “care about him enough to have an opinion.” Although he claimed he had no thoughts on the matter, Ribeiro then took a shot at Disick’s career, saying he was “not a star.” He said Disick would neither benefit nor hurt the competition’s ratings.
“I neither know him or care about him enough to have an opinion. He’s not a star. So it’s not — ‘Dancing With the What?’ Dancing With the guy who’s married to a star, I guess?” he ribbed. “I don’t think anyone’s tuning in for Scott Disick. He’s just a guy who hangs out in bars.”
Ribeiro may not have to worry about seeing Disick on the show anyway. Sources have told Us Weekly there is “no chance Scott would be on the show.” Another source, connected to “DWTS,” told the publication the network would never offer Disick the large payout he supposedly has demanded.
As was previously reported, Kourtney Kardashian’s on-again, off-again beau is rumored to have been offered a spot on the upcoming season of the show, which kicks off in March. TMZ reported that this was just one of many times Disick has been asked to join the competition, adding that he has shown an interest in the past. But Disick reportedly was not happy with the paycheck he’d be receiving. He was said to be asking for $500,000 for his participation and was offered $125,00 for the regular season and an extra $345,000 if he made it to the finals.
“DWTS” returns to ABC on March 21 at 8 p.m. EST.