Episode 2 of “Dancing with the Stars” was jam packed with jaw-dropping drama. But out of all the instances that made us giggle and cringe, we’ve decided to bring fans the top five most outrageous moments that occurred during the second episode of Season 18.
1. Let’s start off with the surprising elimination of Diana Nyad and Henry Byalikov. The duo became the first couple to get axed in Season 18 —before they were even able to get in a second dance! Being the classic and inspiring woman she is, Diana insisted that she and her adorable partner be allowed to show off their hard work. Without being scored, the dancing duo shuffled around the ballroom floor all smiles before waving goodbye to the mirror ball trophy. But don’t be too sad for Diana! We’re sure she’s just thrilled to get those heeled death contraptions off her feet.
2. James Maslow had a pretty good night if you ask us. Not only did he rank one of the top scores of episode 2 but he also made Carrie Ann Inaba’s "Sexy Hall of Fame." Prior to showing off his salsa skills—and drool-worthy abs—the partner of Peta Murgatroyd joked that the two should perform their routine naked. And he’s not that only one who thought that! After the two rocked the ballroom floor with an unbelievable performance, Carrie Ann announced the good news that James had just been inducted into her elite group that consists of Mario Lopez, Gilles Marini and Corbin Bleu. Maybe James should wear a low cut shirt every week.
3. Amy Purdy and Derek Hough made us want to learn swing dancing. Despite worrying that her legs could “fly off” at any moment while performing the high energy routine, the couple completely killed it as they swung themselves around the dance floor. "You used every nuance in that music to great effect," Len Goodman complimented the couple, playing the good cop while fellow judge Bruno Tonioli called out the duo’s missed under-arm pass. Derek, ever so gentlemen like, blamed his jacket for the blunder. But who cares! We think it was one of the best performances of the night.
4. Candace Cameron Bure learned a tough lesson during episode 2: sex sells. Unfortunately for the conservative Christian contestant, she’ll have to “own her hotness” like Mark Ballas suggested if she wants to win the competition. That means letting down her guard and trusting her partner’s vision. Seriously Candace, if Mark wants to take off his shirt then let him! After her performance, Len critiqued the former child star saying that the dance didn’t come off like a romance and that she should work more on her arms. Yikes. Looks like Danica won this round, D.J.
5. Although the second elimination of the night wasn’t surprising, we we’re completely heartbroken when we were forced to say goodbye to the ray of sunshine he his, Sean Avery. He and Karina Smirnoff pulled off an impressive salsa routine that really showed off Sean’s fancy foot moves—not to mention, he was smiling the entire time! So much for being the big bad wolf.
What were your favorite moments of the night? Let us know who you think should go home next week during “Dancing with the Stars” in the comments section below and check out the scores and videos from episode 2:
Meryl Davis and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 25/30
James Maslow and Peta Murgatroyd: 25/30
Charlie White and Sharna Burgess: 25/30
Danica McKellar and Valentin Chmerkovskiy: 24/30
Amy Purdy and Derek Hough: 24/30
Cody Simpson and Witney Carson: 22/30
Candace Cameron Bure and Mark Ballas: 21/30
Drew Carey and Cheryl Burke: 21/30
NeNe Leakes and Tony Dovolani: 21/30
Billy Dee Williams and Emma Slater: 15/30