Don’t put away your magnifying glass just yet, “Devious Maids” fans! Because you’re definitely going to need it if the hit Lifetime series is renewed for a fifth season.
During the Season 4 finale of the summer sudser, our favorite, fearless maids managed to solve the mystery of Peri’s (Mariana Klaveno) vicious murder. They pieced together that the person who stabbed Peri in the throat with her trophy was the daughter of serial rapist Hugh Metzger’s (Sam McMurray): Gail (Julie Claire).
The unveiling of Peri’s killer wasn’t the only jaw-dropping moment from episode 10, titled “Grime and Punishment.” After Gail was locked up for the grusome crime, the Season 4 finale featured a year-long flash forward to the day of Marisol’s (Ana Ortiz) wedding. (Peter [James Denton] had proposed to Marisol during Adrian [Tom Irwin] and Gail’s engagement party.)
But as the Wedding March played, it was Evelyn (Rebecca Wisocky) who came running down the aisle instead of Marisol. “She was right behind me,” Evelyn explained to the girls before Rosie (Dania Ramirez), Carmen (Roselyn Sanchez) and Zoila (Judy Reyes) started sprinting towards the bridal suite. The ladies found Marisol’s bouquet on the floor with a note telling them that she was sorry. But it wasn’t until Carmen uncovered a broken window did they begin to panic. So what exactly happened to Marisol? Well, we have our theories…
1. Cold Feet — Jumping through a window does seem a bit drastic (even for a “Devious Maids” plot) but Marisol did tell Peter during the Season 4 finale that she had commitment issues. She explained to him that she ruins “all the good things” in her life … and Peter is certainly one of those good things. Could she have gotten cold feet and fled?
2. Kidnapped — Not only did the girls find a note from Marisol in the run-away-bride’s bridal suite but they also uncovered a broken window … covered in blood. It’s possible that Marisol was abducted the day of her wedding by someone who didn’t want to see the author get her happily ever after.
3. The Circle — Is The Circle back? While it’s possible they could have played a part in Marisol’s disappearance, the show’s executive producer Sabrina Wind teased that it may not be the cult who took the bride. According to Wind, it was her intention to have The Circle leave Beverly Hills for good in the Season 4 finale.
“If we have the wonderful honor of doing a fifth season and Lifetime tells us they want those people back, then we can talk about,” she teased the possible return of Kyle (Ryan McPartlin) and Frances (Stephanie Faracy) to TVLine.
4. Jealous Lover — Who wouldn’t want to see Marisol walk down the aisle in a white wedding dress? Well, one name that comes to mind: Jesse (Nathan Owens). Throughout Season 4, he tried to rekindle his relationship with Marisol. And although their chemistry was strong — not to mention, steamier than ever — Marisol’s emotional connection with Peter proved to be more satisfying.
Marisol broke off her romance with Jesse, which could have resulted in him becoming vengeful. After all, we didn’t see him sitting in one of the pews during the ceremony. Could he have been too busy abducting Marisol to attend the event?
5. A New Killer — Beverly Hills sure doesn’t have a shortage of murderers, which is why it wouldn’t totally surprise us watch a new killer make their debut in the potential fifth season of “Devious Maids.” Wind explained to TVLine that Marisol’s mysterious disappearance will “launch” the Season 5 storyline of “Devious Maids,” adding that it will be a “completely new story.”
What do you think happened to Marisol? Sound off in the comments section below what drama you think will go down if “Devious Maids” is renewed for a fifth season by Lifetime.