Rumors swirled that “Party Up (Up In Here)” rapper DMX overdosed after he was found “lifeless” in a Yonkers, New York, parking lot Monday, the New York Daily News reported. He was discovered by authorities after he fell unconscious outside a Ramada Inn around 6 p.m. EST.

He was resuscitated by officers who performed CPR and administered oxygen, People magazine reported Tuesday. DMX regained a pulse about a minute later.

Police couldn’t identify the rapper by name, as to be in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, but described him as a 45-year-old Mount Kisco, New York, resident. DMX, whose real name is Earl Simmons, is 45 and reportedly lives in Mount Kisco.

DMX has asthma and asked for his inhaler before he collapsed, TMZ reported. The site was the first to write about his medical scare, and initially said he “ingested some sort of powder” before being rendered unconscious.

Since bystanders said they saw him take some type of substance, police reportedly gave him Narcan, an antidote used for narcotic overdoses. The rapper, however, refutes he used drugs, saying he was suffering from bronchitis and asked for his inhaler before he collapsed. He is still in the hospital, but is expected to make a full recovery.

No charges are expected to be filed against the rapper and nothing suspicious was found at the scene, Lt. Patrick McCormack told People.

If it wasn’t for the first responders, DMX might not be alive. “This was an excellent job by the officers and they definitely saved the life,” McCormack told the Daily News, without calling DMX by his name. “They found him in a lifeless condition with no breathing. They were able to bring back some breathing.”

Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella