Scarlett Johansson spoke out for the first time Wednesday after her leaked nude images had been posted online, saying that being a celebrity did not allow others to disturb her privacy.
Earlier this month, Johansson entered into one of the 50 A-list celebrities who have fallen victims to hacking of cell phones and Internet addresses in the recent past.
In an interview to CNN, the actress said that actors and celebrities also had a right to their privacy.
Even celebrities deserved to keep their personal life protected, every bit as much as those who did not live in the public's eyes, Johansson said.
Just because you're an actor or make films or whatever doesn't mean you're not entitled to your own personal privacy, she told CNN.
If that is sieged in some way, it feels unjust. It feels wrong, she continued
The 26-year-old actress said that she adjusted a lot to live in the spotlight and the glamour world.
It's an adjustment, but I think there are certain instances where you give a lot of yourself and finally you have to kind of put your foot down and say, 'Oh wait, I'm taking it back', she said.
Johansson admitted that it is very important to be firm about exposing too much of one's personal life to the public.
As soon as Johansson's nude photos were posted online on Sept. 15, Google said that excess of 4,000 per cent increase was recorded on the search phrase Scarlett Johansson.
The FBI is still investigating the matter. According to TMZ, the FBI has recognized the brain behind the hacking and they are in the process of identifying the hacker.
Meanwhile, actress's lawyer Marty Singer has sent a legal notice to the Web sites asking them to pull down the stolen copyright protected private photographs.