Jill Dillard and Jessa Seewald are growing as wives and mothers. On Tuesday, TLC will premiere Season 1 of the “19 Kids and Counting” spinoff “Jill & Jessa: Counting On.” The new episodes will follow Jill, 24, and Jessa, 23, as they celebrate milestones and raise their families.
Episode 1, “At Home and Away,” will show Jessa and Ben Seewald’s transition from a couple to a family of three after welcoming their son, Spurgeon, in the finale of the earlier three-part “Counting On” special. Jessa will also help put together a “fall feast” for her family. Jill and Derick Dillard will make a big change by settling down in their new home in Central America with their son, Israel.
While it looks like the new installments will be more of the same from the first three episodes, which premiered in December, there are a few exciting new elements in store for TLC viewers. Here are five things fans should know before tuning in to the Season 1 premiere on March 15:
1. Jill will be MIA. Jill is still on her extended mission trip, which means a majority of her scenes will take place overseas this season. While viewers won’t see Jill with the Duggars, they will see her and husband Derick’s mission work in Central America.
“We look forward to letting ya’ll know how our work here is going!” Jill explained in a TLC video. “Our family is growing and changing every day,” Derick added.
2. Another baby? Let’s hope for Jessa’s sake her sister isn’t gone on the mission too long! The reality star reveals in the trailer that she and husband Ben are looking to adopt in the near future. The couple welcomed Spurgeon in November.
3. The boys are back in town. If you thought “Counting On” only followed the Duggar women, think again! There will be more familiar faces from “19 Kids and Counting” this season. The new episodes will feature several male Duggars, including Jana’s twin, John-David, Josiah and Joseph. The siblings will “explore their own talents and passions."
4. Girls’ trip. Anna Duggar, wife of troubled reality star Josh Duggar, will be appearing in at least one installment. The synopsis has revealed the female Duggars will take a “much needed girls’ trip” with the mom of four this season.
5. Courtship announcement. Hold on to your TV remote, fans, because TLC’s trailer teases there could be not one, but several courtship announcements this season. Anna asks Joy-Anna if she’s dating anyone, but she refuses to respond. Producers can also be heard asking Jana, John-David and Jinger who they think will be the next Duggar to court.
“Jill & Jessa: Counting On” returns to TLC on Tuesday, March 15, at 9 p.m. EDT.