Ecologic Systems, part of Ecologic Transportation, Inc., is now offering what is called the Ecologic Solution, a new energy operation focused on the enhancement of gas stations with eco-friendly energy options and solutions. Ecologic Systems is set to provide this turnkey solution through its partners, affiliates, and proprietary processes. The goal is to encourage the production and use of environmentally friendly vehicles by ensuring that consumers will always be able to find a place to fuel them, a continuing concern for car manufacturers as well as drivers. The company is taking the lead in developing and managing the installation of alternative fuel systems in gas stations throughout the California corridor, from Sacramento and San Francisco south to Los Angeles and San Diego, with plans to expand from there.
Ecologic will develop and manage the greening of these gas stations with new clean fuels and facilities for recharging electric cars. By retrofitting existing stations, avoiding the delays involved in producing a crop of new stations, they can speed up the completion of an eco-friendly infrastructure needed by manufacturers to justify increases in green vehicle production.
Initially supported fuels include:
• CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) – CNG is natural gas under pressure which remains clear, odorless, and non-corrosive. It’s the cleanest burning of all fossil fuels.
• Hydrogen – Hydrogen is the simplest, lightest and most plentiful element in the universe, and is used for hydrogen fuel cell vehicles.
• HCNG – HCNG (or H2CNG) is a mixture of compressed natural gas and 4-9 percent hydrogen by energy, and can be used for internal combustion engines just like CNG, but with lower emissions.
• Bio Diesel – Biodiesel is an alternative fuel produced from renewable resources, such as soybeans or even used restaurant grease.
• Electric Vehicles – EVs are zero-emission vehicles, with batteries typically used to store the electricity that powers the electric motor(s) in the vehicle.
• Ethanol – Ethanol is a clean-burning, high-octane motor fuel that is produced from renewable sources.
At its most basic, ethanol is grain alcohol, produced from crops such as corn.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.EcologicTranspo.com
Let us hear your thoughts: Ecologic Transportation, Inc. Message Board