- Morocco Welcomes US Economic Ties, But Wants More Out Of Deal
March 11 2014 5:43 AM
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and a Moroccan business organization have signed a memorandum to make their economic connection stronger.
- This Is How Much Food The World Wastes
March 04 2014 10:45 AM
What's more, the number of daily calories lost per person varies from 400 calories a day to 1500 calories a day in the developed world.
- In An Unequal World, What Really Holds Women – And Economies – Back?
February 27 2014 8:40 AM
A World Bank study found that changing one key social institution in Ethiopia made a big difference for women at work.
- How Migrant Workers Are Shaping The Economies Of Home Countries
February 26 2014 6:01 AM
More than 230 million people were living outside the countries of their birth in 2013. Many of them sent money home.
- What's The Deal With The BRICS Development Bank?
February 25 2014 5:41 AM
In 2013, Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa announced a plan to create a development bank, but progress has been slow.
- How Much Money Do International Immigrants In The US Send Home?
February 21 2014 7:44 AM
The amount of money flowing out of the U.S. in the form of remittances has almost tripled in the last 20 years.
- In Nigeria, Sanusi’s Ouster Fuels Worries About Corruption
February 20 2014 11:11 AM
Nigeria’s central bank governor has been dismissed after months of tension with the country's president over corruption allegations.
- Is China Colonizing Africa? Jane Goodall Thinks So
February 18 2014 10:57 AM
Animal activist and researcher Jane Goodall compared Chinese investment in Africa to British colonialism.
- Why China Is Rolling The Dice In Zimbabwe
February 12 2014 10:16 AM
The southern African country is relying on Chinese funds to revitalize its shaky economy.
- Why Is Cricket Changing Its Revenue Model?
February 07 2014 3:07 PM
India wants a greater share of revenues since it generates an estimated 80% of global cricket income.
- What Argentina Means For Frontier Market Investors
February 06 2014 5:54 AM
Political and economic volatility in Argentina has underscored how frontier markets can turn sour quickly.
- Nigeria Could Soon Be Africa’s Biggest Economy – So What?
February 04 2014 6:47 AM
Nigeria’s current GDP is about $263 billion, while South Africa is hovering around $384 billion -- but what do the statistics really mean?
- Does Money Make You Rude?
January 23 2014 6:24 AM
A psychology researcher conducted a variety of studies that may surprise you.
- What The UN Is Forecasting For 2014, 2015 Global GDP Growth
January 20 2014 3:38 PM
As the U.S. Federal Reserve unwinds its $85 billion monthly bond purchases, emerging nations may have the most to lose.
- This Is How Rich The Top 85 People Are Compared To The World
January 20 2014 1:01 PM
What's more, the global wealth disparity is probably greater than you think.
- Nigeria Sets Up Government Mortgage Firm To Help Solve Massive Housing Shortage
January 18 2014 9:21 AM
With a rapidly growing population, Nigeria faces a huge housing shortage.
- World Bank Economists: Global Economy Is Strengthening
January 15 2014 12:42 AM
The World Bank released its 2014 Global Economics Prospects report on Tuesday. Here are the highlights.
- Will Kenya Be A Middle-Income Country by 2030?
January 07 2014 6:47 AM
A new factor may affect Kenya's growth rate adversely in 2014.
- A Huge, Chronic Developing Country Problem
December 27 2013 11:27 AM
The poorest countries in the world, especially in Africa, lose the most to corruption as a percentage of GDP.
- Income Inequality Worsening, And Not Just In US
December 24 2013 8:56 AM
With the surge in GDP in China, India, Brazil and Russia, disparity of wealth has taken on a decidedly global tone.