- Ebola Economics: The Cost Of Fear
September 18 2014 5:21 PM
Experts say the fear of the disease is costing local economies more than what it takes to treat the disease.
- What's Bothering Your Country? Here Are The Top Economic Concerns Around The World [MAP]
September 09 2014 4:59 PM
In 18 of 25 emerging markets, citizens say rising prices are 'gravest' economic concern.
- Exceptional 232-Carat White Diamond Unearthed In South African Mine
September 09 2014 7:42 AM
Shares in the company that owns the Cullinan mine, which has produced some of the world's largest diamonds, shot up after the find was reported.
- China’s Role In Fighting Ebola
September 03 2014 3:28 PM
Chinese companies have made massive investments in some of the countries most affected by Ebola.
- How Ebola Is Affecting West Africa's Economy
September 02 2014 1:45 PM
Amid the West African Ebola outbreak, analysts are worried about the long-term effects on already fragile economies.
- Ebola Costs By The Numbers
August 29 2014 10:56 AM
It takes $404 to safely bury the body of just one Ebola victim.
- Fed Interest Rate Policy Making Economists Nervous
August 17 2014 4:56 PM
Economists hope the Federal Reserve doesn't wait too long before it starts raising interest rates.
- A Crackdown On American Ivory Dealers
August 12 2014 6:35 PM
New data shows auction houses are unwittingly contributing to a growing illegal market for ivory.
- Add Africa To The Ex-Im Debate
August 11 2014 2:32 PM
American officials debating the continued necessity of the 80-year-old Ex-Im Bank have brought Africa into the discussion.
- Brazil Exports First Tactical Drone
August 04 2014 9:28 AM
FT Sistemas S.A. says it’s sending the Horus FT-100 Mini-UAV to an unnamed buyer across the Atlantic.
- A Tale Of Two Nigerias
July 31 2014 2:59 PM
Now the largest economy in Africa, Nigeria's lasting progress is only discouraged by Boko Haram's pervasive violence.
- Seven Sub-Saharan Countries To Watch: Innovation Experts
July 21 2014 12:22 PM
One of the fastest-growing economic regions in the world could also become an innovation hub.
- Metalworkers In South Africa’s Biggest Union Now On Strike
July 01 2014 12:06 PM
Just a week after a record-breaking strike ended, another bigger one has started.
- How An Island Paradise Became A Haven For Dirty Money
June 09 2014 9:14 AM
Seychelles, an island nation with a population smaller than Davenport, Iowa, has become a haven for international corruption and money laundering.
- Western Advisers Help Egypt Remodel Its Economy After Sisi Takes Over
June 07 2014 10:25 AM
Egypt’s economy is predicted to grow at the rate of 3.2 percent for the next fiscal year, while unemployment rates soar.
- Despite Optimism, South Africa Mining Strike Will Have Long-Term Effects
June 04 2014 2:57 PM
Though rumors of a resolution have been flying, it could take months to recover from a five-month mining strike in South Africa.
- South Africa's Mining Production Is At Its Lowest Since 1967
May 27 2014 10:42 AM
The South African economy had its biggest slump since 2009 this quarter after weeks of mining strikes paralyze production.
- Amid Violence, Nigeria Still Very Much Open For Business
May 21 2014 3:30 PM
Despite Boko Haram, foreign direct investment is still driving economic growth in Nigeria -- now the continent’s biggest economy.
- African Farm Workers Take Dim View Of Future Prospects
May 16 2014 3:23 PM
A recent Gallup poll shows that agricultural workers in sub-Saharan Africa don't share the optimism of their non-farm or unemployed counterparts.
- In Africa, China Expands Beyond Oil
May 15 2014 10:33 AM
Often ahead of its Western counterparts in investment, China is moving from natural resources into manufacturing and services.