- Young Africans Flocking To Dubai, Joining South Asians As Guest Workers
May 21 2013 9:55 AM
About 40,000 Kenyan guest workers currently live in the UAE, primarily in the construction, hotel and travel industries.
- Surprise! Africa’s Fastest-Growing Foreign Direct Investor Is Now... Africa
May 08 2013 6:16 AM
Foreign direct investment in Africa is ramping up, but forget China and the West. This growth is intra-continental.
- A Continent Ready For Takeoff, But Only If African Airlines Get Fixed
May 04 2013 9:21 AM
Economic growth is on the upswing in Africa, but it will only continue if the drivers of commerce can take flight.
- Rich Nations Got Poorer Last Quarter: OECD
April 04 2013 7:29 AM
Shrinking inventories in rich countries caused their economies to contract in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Poorest Of The Poor: UN Releases Report On World’s 'Least Developed Countries'
March 19 2013 7:34 PM
From Afghanistan to Zambia, here are the world's countries that are struggling the most.
- An Unemployed World, A ‘Lost Generation’
January 22 2013 1:02 PM
Rising youth jobless rates have spurred concern over a “lost generation.” Global joblessness hit 197 million, up 4 million in 2012.
- Economic Events For The Coming Week, Jan 7-11
January 04 2013 3:01 PM
The U.S. trade deficit likely narrowed in November, and the euro-zone recession probably worsened at the end of last year.
- Manufacturing Up? In US And Asia, But Not In Euro Zone
January 02 2013 12:26 PM
An improvement in global sentiment should boost factory sectors in most countries in the coming months, but a strong rebound is unlikely.
- 2012 Year In Review: Major Worker Strikes - South Africa, US Ports, And More
December 27 2012 7:31 AM
From a potential port strike, to the massacre of South African striking miners, 2012 saw tensions rise between workers and companies.
- November US Jobs Report, ECB December Meeting: Economic Events For Dec. 4-7
December 04 2012 1:27 PM
Superstorm Sandy will likely put dent in the November jobs report.
- US Q3 GDP Second Estimate, Fed’s Beige Book, New Home Sales: Economic Events For Nov. 26-30
November 26 2012 2:36 PM
After returning from the Thanksgiving break, market participants will face a crowded economic calendar.
- Greece Bailout, BoJ Meeting, US Housing Data: Economic Events For Nov. 19-23
November 19 2012 9:59 AM
Counting down to Thanksgiving.