- The Mixed Impact Of A EU-US Trade Deal
June 17 2013 8:53 AM
A study says an EU-US trade deal could harm their traditional trading partners and emerging markets.
- How Nigeria’s GDP Grew By 40% Overnight
June 13 2013 5:52 AM
Helped by a statistical revision to its economy, Nigeria may have already overtaken South Africa as the region’s largest economy.
- Nigeria To Pour More Capital Into Growth, Entrepreneurship
June 10 2013 1:36 PM
The Nigerian government has approved a plan to recapitalize the pro-development Bank of Industry, bringing total capital up to $4.72 billion.
- How Much Do Americans Spend Compared To Others?
June 04 2013 4:41 PM
Private consumption in the U.S. accounts for more than 70 percent of GDP.
- Leaders and Losers As Africa Pursues Development Goals
June 04 2013 5:45 AM
African countries are rushing to fulfill their Millennium Development Goals by 2015, and some are more serious than others.
- Africa Is A Net Creditor To The World: Why That's Not Good News
May 30 2013 12:54 PM
The illicit outflow of assets from Africa actually exceeds the amount of aid and investment coming in, says a new report.
- In Developed World, How Many Will Be Unemployed In 2014?
May 30 2013 11:47 AM
In 2014, Greece's unemployment will likely hit another record-high of 28.4 percent.
- How Much Will These World Economies Grow In 2014?
May 29 2013 3:36 PM
Chile's economy is expected to grow by 5.3 percent in 2014.
- Africa's Economic Future Depends On Big Ideas
May 24 2013 10:21 PM
As Africa emerges as "the 21st century continent," experts say its future rests on big ideas, entrepreneurship and local ownership.
- Young Africans Flocking To Dubai As Guest Workers
May 21 2013 9:55 AM
About 40,000 Kenyan guest workers currently live in the UAE, primarily in the construction, hotel and travel industries.
- Surprise! Africa’s Fastest-Growing Foreign Direct Investor Is Now... Africa
May 08 2013 6:16 AM
Foreign direct investment in Africa is ramping up, but forget China and the West. This growth is intra-continental.
- Africa Ready For Takeoff, But Only If Its Airlines Can Take Flight
May 04 2013 9:21 AM
Economic growth is on the upswing in Africa, but it will only continue if the drivers of commerce can take flight.