- Does Money Make You Rude?
January 23 2014 6:24 AM
A psychology researcher conducted a variety of studies that may surprise you.
- What The UN Is Forecasting For 2014, 2015 Global GDP Growth
January 20 2014 3:38 PM
As the U.S. Federal Reserve unwinds its $85 billion monthly bond purchases, emerging nations may have the most to lose.
- This Is How Rich The Top 85 People Are Compared To The World
January 20 2014 1:01 PM
What's more, the global wealth disparity is probably greater than you think.
- Nigeria Sets Up Government Mortgage Firm To Help Solve Massive Housing Shortage
January 18 2014 9:21 AM
With a rapidly growing population, Nigeria faces a huge housing shortage.
- World Bank Economists: Global Economy Is Strengthening
January 15 2014 12:42 AM
The World Bank released its 2014 Global Economics Prospects report on Tuesday. Here are the highlights.
- Will Kenya Be A Middle-Income Country by 2030?
January 07 2014 6:47 AM
A new factor may affect Kenya's growth rate adversely in 2014.
- A Huge, Chronic Developing Country Problem
December 27 2013 11:27 AM
The poorest countries in the world, especially in Africa, lose the most to corruption as a percentage of GDP.
- Income Inequality Worsening, And Not Just In US
December 24 2013 8:56 AM
With the surge in GDP in China, India, Brazil and Russia, disparity of wealth has taken on a decidedly global tone.
- The World According To Goldman Sachs: Map
December 24 2013 8:25 AM
What are Goldman Sachs' favorite investment and economic themes for 2013?
- What's Holding Back South Africa's Economy?
December 09 2013 1:09 PM
In 2014, the South African economy is projected to be one of the slowest in sub-Saharan Africa -- an otherwise fast-growing region.
- How Mandela Helped South Africa’s Economy
December 06 2013 3:16 PM
Mandela helped a nation heal apartheid wounds. He also jump-started the country’s post-sanctions economy.
- Lagos Slum's Legal Victory Inspires Hope
November 27 2013 12:24 PM
A legal victory by the people of the Oto-Ilogbo district offers a potential path forward for those living in the slums of Lagos, Nigeria.
- South Africa’s Economy Slows In Q3
November 26 2013 5:23 AM
Africa’s largest economy slowed more than analysts expected, amid labor strikes and a crippling power crisis.
- Africa Rises, But Employment And Broad-Based Growth Lag: Report
November 21 2013 1:59 PM
Fast economic growth in developing countries isn't doing enough to ameliorate poverty.
- The Latest In Investing Chic - 'Frontier Markets'
November 21 2013 10:23 AM
These economies are characterized by immature markets, though some investors see significant rewards along with the risks.
- World Bank President Bullish On Africa: WSJ CEO Council
November 19 2013 2:55 PM
Burkina Faso, for example, is primed to grow if it can access long-term capital, the World Bank leader said.
- How Corruption Became A Ticking Time Bomb For Malawi
November 19 2013 11:55 AM
President Joyce Banda faces the music as a number of donors suspend development assistance.
- Egypt's Economic Woes May Soon Be Over: Report
November 05 2013 10:57 AM
Egypt's output index has risen above the 50 mark, the demarcation point between expansion and contraction.
- Where Does Somali-Pirate Ransom Money Go?
November 04 2013 3:58 PM
The roughly $400 million in ransom taken in from 2005 to 2012 helped fuel the local economy -- and more terrorism.
- The Ones Left Behind: Urban Poor Pushed Out As African Cities Thrive
November 01 2013 5:49 PM
Fast economic growth across the African continent can worsen living conditions for slum dwellers.