- Retail Sales, FOMC Minutes, Euro Zone Q3 GDP: Economic Events For Nov. 12-16
November 13 2012 10:52 AM
Data releases this week are expected to show some of the economic impact caused by Sandy.
- This Week’s Economic Events: US Presidential Election
November 06 2012 7:16 AM
This week, the two largest economies will have political transitions, three central banks will meet, and Greece's parliament is set to vote on key reforms.
- Economic Events This Week: Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
October 28 2012 4:44 PM
The U.S. employment situation summary Friday will carry the most weight, because it will be the last jobs report before Election Day.
- FOMC, Q3 GDP, Housing: Economic Events For Oct. 22-26
October 22 2012 12:32 PM
Key reports this week include the preliminary release of U.S. Q3 GDP, October FOMC rate decision and China HSBC PMI data.
- US Presidential Debate Among Economic Events For Oct 15-19
October 14 2012 7:16 PM
Barack Obama and Mitt Romney will cover both domestic and foreign policies during the second U.S. presidential debate Tuesday.
- Fedspeak Tops The Economic Calendar Oct 8-12
October 05 2012 3:33 PM
The U.S. Federal Reserve's assessment of current conditions, as well as data on inflation and trade, will highlight the economic calendar this week.
- This Week's Economic Events: Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
October 02 2012 6:02 AM
Friday's jobs report will carry the most weight, since this is the penultimate report before the elections.
- QE3 Reviving Fears Of Global Currency Wars
September 14 2012 4:33 PM
Thursday's announcement by the U.S. Federal Reserve that it would be engaging in a third round of open-ended bond-buying, known as QE3, to energize the economy saw a resoundingly positive reception in the foreign financial markets, where indexes rose Friday. But market-watchers were expecting the global equity party would lead to an inevitable hangover soon, in the form of intervention by central banks around the world, to stop massive inflows of dollars into non-U.S. economies -- in short, a...
- Reflecting On The Towers: At The Center Of The World
September 10 2012 11:08 AM
Originally viewed in the 1970s as a project that added too much office space to Lower Manhattan, the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center became a symbol not only for New York, but for the United States, for capitalism, for the cosmopolitan / urban life, for modernity itself.
- South African Labor Unrest Threatens Platinum And Gold Production
September 06 2012 7:51 PM
In the wake of a strike that left 34 platinum miners dead after clashes with police, South African unions continued to refuse to work, disrupting production of the metal in the country that accounts for 75 percent of global exports and spilling over to impact gold miners.
- African Astronauts? Sudan’s Bashir Calls For African Space Agency
September 06 2012 2:36 PM
Some critics question the need for a poor region like Africa to even consider such an expensive project as going into space.
- South African Cops Fire On Miners Again As Unrest Spreads
September 03 2012 3:26 PM
Two weeks after the slaughter at the Marikana platinum mine shocked South Africa, police fired tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse striking miners at a gold mine near Johannesburg.