- India Explains To US Why It Needs Iran
May 08 2012 10:24 AM
India Tuesday conveyed to the US that it has to look at the Western sanctions on Iran beyond the issue of energy, as it has critical stakes in the region.
- Malawi Devalues Currency By One-Third To Re-Start Foreign Aid Flows
May 07 2012 2:58 PM
The sudden devaluation has led to some panic-buying by consumers in Malawi, seeking to purchase basic goods.
- India Defers Retrospective Taxation Move; Market And Rupee Cheer
May 07 2012 9:58 AM
In an interim relief to the foreign investors, Indian Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Monday said that the government would delay the implementation of the General Anti-Avoidance Rules (GAAR) by one year.
- Greek Polls: Chance Of A Hung Parliament Raises Concerns Over Eurozone Future
May 06 2012 7:08 AM
Polling began in Greece Sunday in an early general election that could push the debt struck country to further turmoil and uncertainty.
- Tanzanian President Sacks Six Ministers Over Corruption
May 04 2012 4:26 PM
Tanzania, one of the poorest countries of earth, has long been shackled by corruption and exorbitant inflation.
- Indian Rupee Continues To Be Volatile, Dips To Four Month Low Due To Trade Deficit And Strong Dollar
May 04 2012 10:53 AM
Indian Rupee dropped to four-months-low of 53.83 at midsession before closing at 53.41/42 against dollar on Thursday, despite Reserve Bank of India's's suspected interventions. Rupee has been continuing its steady fall and the analytics are expecting the Indian currency to touch an all time low of 55.00 per dollar within a short period.
- Foreign Direct Investment To Africa Surging: Report
May 03 2012 4:17 PM
Ernst & Young projects that by 2015, money flowing to Africa will reach $150 billion, which will create 350,000 new jobs annually.
- Excessive Regulation, Policy Paralysis Scare Foreign Investors Away From India
May 03 2012 10:11 AM
The lack of bureaucratic support as well as aggressive regulation and tax policies are scaring away foreign investors from India, the chairman of Honeywell International has said, the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) reported.
- India Bows To US Pressure, Will Cut Iranian Oil Imports
May 03 2012 4:38 AM
In a major victory for the US-EU led sanctions on Iran, the Indian government has asked top two importers of Iranian crude to cut their imports by at least 15 percent this year, the Wall Street Journal WSJ reported, quoting industry sources.
- How To Prevent Another US Bank Bailout
April 29 2012 11:31 AM
Regarding its banking system, the United States has now experienced its third generation of heads the banks win, tails the taxpayer and the public loses.? Is there a better way? Is it possible to create a bank that serves the people of the United States?
- Top 10 World's Best Airports 2012 (PHOTOS, Complete List)
April 29 2012 7:35 AM
Skytarx, the most prestigious brand associated with the recognition and reviews of air travel standards worldwide, has recently released the annual report of the World Airline Awards and World Airport Awards.
- India Allays US Allegations That Retrospective Tax Law Amendments Are Discriminatory
April 28 2012 6:03 AM
India on Friday allayed US allegations that the proposed retrospective amendments to the Indian tax laws are discriminatory and will adversely impact the US investments. Indian Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee told Lok Sabha that the proposed amendments will not have any negative impact on the foreign investments. His clarification came after the new US ambassador to India Nancy Powell raised the issue in a business meeting on Friday at New Delhi.
- Ford Earnings Stall In 1Q On Poor Global Performance
April 27 2012 12:20 PM
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), the second-largest U.S. carmaker, said Friday profit fell 20.5 percent, missing analysts' predictions, on lower European sales, plunging South American profit and a drop in Ford Credit profit.
- Foxconn, Apple Contractor, Shares Plunge On Protests, Lower Earnings Call
April 27 2012 11:49 AM
Shares of Hon Hai Precision Industries (TPE: 2317), more widely known as Foxconn and as the main contractor for Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, plunged Friday.
- US Work Visa Law: India To Move WTO
April 27 2012 9:26 AM
India will file a formal complaint with the World Trade Organization against the US over its visa policy, which India says is discriminatory to Indian companies, the Wall Street Journal has reported quoting a Ministry of Commerce official.
- Delhi Airport To Be World's Most Expensive; Airlines And Fliers Oppose Airport Charge Hike
April 26 2012 9:09 AM
The Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi, India, is set to become the costliest airport in the world, as the Delhi International Airport Ltd (DIAL) that operates the airport has got approval to hike the airport charges.
- Afghanistan Gold and Copper Mines Bidding: Six Indian Companies Shortlisted
April 26 2012 4:19 AM
Four Indian public sector companies along with two private players Monnet Ispat & Energy and Jindal Steel & Power are among the twenty five companies shortlisted for investing in gold and copper mines in Badakhsan, Zarkashan, Balkhab and Shaida region of Afghanistan.
- Fed Sticks To Late 2014 Rate Hike Plan
April 25 2012 1:02 PM
The Federal Reserve on Wednesday repeated its promise to leave interest rates on hold until at least late 2014 but offered few clues into whether it might offer additional stimulus later this year.
- Peugeot Citroen Might Build Cars In India With General Motors
April 24 2012 10:51 AM
PSA Peugeot Citroen may build cars in India with General Motors its new partner, said Gregoire Olivier, Peugeot's head of Asian operations, according to a Reuters report. The move would effectively discard its planned $850 million investment in its own manufacturing facility in India, Reuters report said.
- TCS Shares Soar Over 12% After Strong Q4 Earnings, Upbeat Outlook
April 24 2012 6:57 AM
Indian software giant Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS) shares gained 12.4 percent in Mumbai trading on Tuesday morning, piggybacking on the company's robust outlook and a 23 percent surge in fourth quarter profits.