- South Africa: Zuma Blames 'White Control' For Economic Woes, While Bidding For Second Term
June 27 2012 12:20 PM
?The time has come to do something more drastic toward economic transformation and freedom,? Zuma said.
- China On A Latin American Pursuit With $10 Billion Loan Proposal; Calls For Push To Combat Protectionism
June 27 2012 6:52 AM
Wrapping up his Latin American tour, Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao on Tuesday announced a proposal to set up a $10 billion credit program for the developing economies to offer support for infrastructure projects.
- Whites Still Control South Africa?s Economy: Jacob Zuma
June 26 2012 12:47 PM
Zuma?s ruling party has proposed that the nation?s key mining sector pay more in taxes to finance social spending and also wants to encourage state-owned enterprises to create more jobs.
- Election of Muslim Brotherhood's Morsi Will Likely Improve Egypt?s Finances
June 25 2012 1:18 PM
With the victory of the Muslim Brotherhood candidate in Egypt's presidential runoff, the world's largest Arab nation appears set not just for a transition to democracy but also for economic growth, Egyptian officials said Monday after the election results were announced.
- Europe Has Three Days, Not Three Months, to Avoid 'Fiasco': Soros
June 25 2012 12:05 PM
Multibillionaire financier George Soros, who is quickly becoming an éminence grise on the topic of the euro zone financial crisis, said in a televised interview Monday that the leaders of Europe had three days to resolve their disagreements on the appropriate way to move forward in anticipation of a summit Thursday.
- 'Vicious Cycles' Continue To Go 'Round And 'Round: BIS
June 24 2012 11:13 PM
Five years into the most significant global financial crisis since the 1930s, the world's leaders have formulated neither the fiscal policies nor the monetary policies required to deal with it, according to the Bank for International Settlements' 82nd Annual Report, which was released Sunday.
- World Wealth Report 2012: Asians Top List Of Millionaires
June 21 2012 4:54 AM
The millionaires in Asia outnumber their counterparts in North America for the first time while the overall financial wealth of high net worth individuals (HNWI) declined across all regions except the Middle East, according to a new study.
- 27 Million Slaves In The World: Hillary Clinton
June 20 2012 1:01 PM
The State Department released its report ahead of the 150th anniversary of President Abraham Lincoln?s Emancipation Proclamation, which freed the slaves in the U.S. South in 1863.
- India Will Be Sixth Among World?s Top 10 Wealth Markets By 2012 End: Report
June 18 2012 1:45 AM
India despite its slowing economic growth is poised to emerge as the top sixth wealth market in the world, according to Datamonitor's 2012 global wealth market report.
- What?s In A Dot.com Name? Amazon, Google Think Plenty But Not Apple
June 14 2012 12:16 PM
Ahead of next year?s expansion of Internet domain names with hundreds of new suffixes, 1,930 applications have been submitted to the governing Internet Corp. for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
- Nokia?s 10K Job Cuts, Management Changes Needed To Restore Competitiveness
June 14 2012 5:10 AM
Finland-based cell phone manufacturer Nokia announced Thursday that it plans to cut 10,000 jobs globally as part of its revamping measures.
- Wal-Mart Lists India, China Among The Most Corrupt Nations
June 13 2012 6:46 AM
Wal-Mart lawyers have identified India, China, South Africa, Brazil and Mexico as the most corrupt countries, according to a letter from two congressmen investigating the bribery charges leveled against the company.