- 27 Million Slaves In The World: Hillary Clinton
June 20 2012 1:01 PM
The State Department released its report ahead of the 150th anniversary of President Abraham Lincoln?s Emancipation Proclamation, which freed the slaves in the U.S. South in 1863.
- India Will Be Sixth Among World?s Top 10 Wealth Markets By 2012 End: Report
June 18 2012 1:45 AM
India despite its slowing economic growth is poised to emerge as the top sixth wealth market in the world, according to Datamonitor's 2012 global wealth market report.
- What?s In A Dot.com Name? Amazon, Google Think Plenty But Not Apple
June 14 2012 12:16 PM
Ahead of next year?s expansion of Internet domain names with hundreds of new suffixes, 1,930 applications have been submitted to the governing Internet Corp. for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
- Nokia?s 10K Job Cuts, Management Changes Needed To Restore Competitiveness
June 14 2012 5:10 AM
Finland-based cell phone manufacturer Nokia announced Thursday that it plans to cut 10,000 jobs globally as part of its revamping measures.
- Wal-Mart Lists India, China Among The Most Corrupt Nations
June 13 2012 6:46 AM
Wal-Mart lawyers have identified India, China, South Africa, Brazil and Mexico as the most corrupt countries, according to a letter from two congressmen investigating the bribery charges leveled against the company.
- World?s Most Expensive Cities For Expats In 2012 [SLIDESHOW]
June 12 2012 11:08 AM
Though rents went down, grocery bills shrank and companies trimmed their workforce after the devastating 2011 earthquake and tsunami, Tokyo edged past Angolan capital Luanda to become the world?s most expensive city for expatriates in Mercer?s 2012 survey.
- Who Is Africa?s Richest Man?
June 11 2012 2:51 PM
Forbes has upped its wealth estimate for Aliko Dangote, founder and chief executive officer of the Dangote Group, to $11.2 billion.
- Facebook Falls Again: 3 Week Loss Is $48 Billion
June 07 2012 4:56 PM
Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, fell nearly 2 percent on Thursday, exactly three weeks after the company took in $16 billion in its initial public offering.
- IMF Rewards Malawi With Loan Following Banda?s Reforms
June 07 2012 4:02 PM
Malawians have faced severe shortages and other economic problems since the IMF drastically reduced lending facilities last year.
- South Sudan: Corruption Threatens Nascent Economy
June 05 2012 11:14 AM
South Sudanese President Silva Kiir is pleading with 75 government officials to return $4 billion in stolen public money.
- Air India Gets Cash Boost Of $215 Million To Pay Salaries, Dues
June 05 2012 7:02 AM
In an effort to revive the debt-ridden Air India, the government pumped in Rs. 1,200 crore ($215 million) as equity on Monday, to be put to use in paying employee salaries and vendor dues.
- Big Data? Vast Majority Isn?t Prepared, New Survey Shows
June 05 2012 6:30 AM
Global enterprises are aware of the coming of so-called ?Big Data,? or the trillions of bytes of electronic data flowing through the Cloud and Internet.
- Sneaking Your Money Across Borders: Capital Flight On The Rise
June 04 2012 4:24 PM
An increasing number of people are trying more ways to sneak money out of countries that are buckling under the weight of the world's almost daily financial crises.
- Inflation In OECD Nations Slides In April
May 29 2012 12:19 PM
Inflation in developed economies fell last month as crude oil and food prices slowed their increases, the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development said Tuesday.
- After Civil War, BP Returns To Libya
May 29 2012 11:38 AM
After the Libyan civil war last year call but halted the country's oil and natural gas industry, BP on Tuesday announced it will resume its exploration work in the biggest oil-producing nation in Africa .
- Iran Will Not Stop Enriching Uranium to 20 Percent; Plans to Construct Two More Nuclear Reactors
May 27 2012 6:00 AM
Iran will not compromise on the West's demand to stop enriching Uranium to 20 percent, said Fereydoon Abbasi Davani head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organization.
- Polio Remains Endemic in Nigeria, Pakistan And Afghanistan: Health Officials
May 24 2012 12:04 PM
GPEI warned that failure to eradicate polio could lead to as many as 200,000 paralyzed children a year across the globe.
- HP?s CEO Chops 27,000 Jobs, Investors Cheer
May 24 2012 9:42 AM
Shares of Hewlett-Packard Co. (NYSE: HPQ), the No. 1 computer maker, leaped as much as 7.4 percent Thursday after the company said Wednesday it would fire 27,000 people.
- Iran Rejects West's Proposal On Nuclear Curbs, Talks Come To A Standstill
May 24 2012 8:12 AM
The talks between world powers and Iran over Tehran's nuclear program came to a standstill Thursday as it accused the P5+1 group (five permanent members of the UN and Germany) of creating a difficult atmosphere hindering talks.
- Rio Environmental Summit To Focus On Global Food Security Issues
May 23 2012 4:12 PM
As soils, freshwater, oceans, forests and biodiversity are being rapidly degraded and climate change puts more pressure on the resources, it is time to rethink how we grow, share and consume our food.