The Americas Economy
- Latin America's Ride Into The Big Bucks
May 20 2013 2:32 PM
Despite global decreases in foreign investment, Latin America received more money than ever. Which countries got the most?
- Borrowing To Buy: How Much Do Americans Owe?
May 18 2013 11:46 AM
American households currently owe $11.23 trillion. Find out what they're doing with the money they've borrowed.
- Roberto Azevedo To Become Next Head Of WTO
May 07 2013 2:30 PM
Brazil's candidate for director-general of the World Trade Organization has been chosen for the position, replacing Pascal Lamy.
- 5 Job Search Tips Every College Grad Should Know
May 03 2013 11:02 AM
No, the current U.S. job market is not “a jungle out there.” But it’s close.
- Guatemalan Government Declares State Of Emergency In 4 Towns
May 03 2013 1:37 AM
The state of emergency comes as protests over a silver mine grow violent.
- GM Hopes Potentially Offensive Ad Doesn't Drive Away China
May 01 2013 1:03 PM
Could a controversial advertisement for a Chevrolet vehicle put General Motors' Chinese expansion plans in jeopardy?
- Personal Income, Consumer Spending Up 0.2 Percent In March; Inflation Tame
April 29 2013 8:40 AM
U.S. consumer spending in March rose more than had been expected by analysts. Meanwhile, core inflation remains low.
- Bitcoin Learns To Tango
April 17 2013 4:38 PM
As inflation continues to devalue the Argentine peso, citizens are gaining interest in the virtual currency bitcoin.
- Japan, US In Deal That May Increase Pacific Trade
April 12 2013 10:50 AM
However, the bilateral agreement faces opposition from labor and lobby groups and awaits approval from 10 other Pacific member states.
- Rich Nations Got Poorer Last Quarter: OECD
April 04 2013 7:29 AM
Shrinking inventories in rich countries caused their economies to contract in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- BRICS Eye Alternative Development Bank
March 26 2013 9:30 AM
These five nations trade goods worth $282 billion a year with each other, and they want their own IMF and World Bank.
- Busier Streets Signal Good News for the Economy
March 05 2013 12:21 PM
INRIX Gridlock Index says traffic congestion increases as companies ship more, hire more and as consumers spend more.