- Nissan raised its profit forecast Monday, citing strong sales in the United States and Europe.
- European markets fall amid a slew of weak earnings while Asian markets stayed mixed following hints of a possible increase in interest rates by the U.S. Fed in December.
- Sunday's vote will determine who takes the reins of a country staggering under the weight of double-digit inflation and critically low foreign reserves.
- The White House released a statement Wednesday urging Congress to take action in diverting Puerto Rico from a financial disaster.
- "The lawyers are working right now to finalize the text and to prepare it for release," U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman says in the wake of a related release by WikiLeaks.