- "My vision is that we have to continue managing the exchange rate and preserve currency and financial stability so the development project has continuity," Daniel Scioli says Saturday.
- President Rafael Correa has accused opposition groups of planning a "soft coup" against his government.
- Scientists urge the world to spend more on research and development expenditures, saying it is the way to escape poverty.
- Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro expressed his solidarity with the Greek prime minister and the Greek people in his weekly televised address.
- Puerto Rico's Gov. Alejandro Garcia Padilla is expected to make a public plea to defer payments and lower San Juan's $72 billion debt.