- China vs. US: Who Will Have A Bigger Presence In Latin America?
May 30 2013 12:27 PM
The two biggest economic powers in the world have set their sights on the South American continent.
- In Developed World, How Many Will Be Unemployed In 2014?
May 30 2013 11:47 AM
In 2014, Greece's unemployment will likely hit another record-high of 28.4 percent.
- How Much Will These World Economies Grow In 2014?
May 29 2013 3:36 PM
Chile's economy is expected to grow by 5.3 percent in 2014.
- Is Brazil Headed For A Credit Crunch?
May 28 2013 1:59 PM
The rumored cancellation of a welfare fund threw some Brazilians into a panic. The real problem, however, may be a credit binge.
- Latin America's Ride Into The Big Bucks
May 20 2013 2:32 PM
Despite global decreases in foreign investment, Latin America received more money than ever. Which countries got the most?
- Borrowing To Buy: How Much Do Americans Owe?
May 18 2013 11:46 AM
American households currently owe $11.23 trillion. Find out what they're doing with the money they've borrowed.
- Roberto Azevedo To Become Next Head Of WTO
May 07 2013 2:30 PM
Brazil's candidate for director-general of the World Trade Organization has been chosen for the position, replacing Pascal Lamy.
- 5 Job Search Tips Every College Grad Should Know
May 03 2013 11:02 AM
No, the current U.S. job market is not “a jungle out there.” But it’s close.
- Guatemalan Government Declares State Of Emergency In 4 Towns
May 03 2013 1:37 AM
The state of emergency comes as protests over a silver mine grow violent.
- GM Hopes Potentially Offensive Ad Doesn't Drive Away China
May 01 2013 1:03 PM
Could a controversial advertisement for a Chevrolet vehicle put General Motors' Chinese expansion plans in jeopardy?
- Personal Income, Consumer Spending Up 0.2 Percent In March; Inflation Tame
April 29 2013 8:40 AM
U.S. consumer spending in March rose more than had been expected by analysts. Meanwhile, core inflation remains low.
- Bitcoin Learns To Tango
April 17 2013 4:38 PM
As inflation continues to devalue the Argentine peso, citizens are gaining interest in the virtual currency bitcoin.
- Japan, US In Deal That May Increase Pacific Trade
April 12 2013 10:50 AM
However, the bilateral agreement faces opposition from labor and lobby groups and awaits approval from 10 other Pacific member states.
- Rich Nations Got Poorer Last Quarter: OECD
April 04 2013 7:29 AM
Shrinking inventories in rich countries caused their economies to contract in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- BRICS Eye Alternative Development Bank
March 26 2013 9:30 AM
These five nations trade goods worth $282 billion a year with each other, and they want their own IMF and World Bank.
- Busier Streets Signal Good News for the Economy
March 05 2013 12:21 PM
INRIX Gridlock Index says traffic congestion increases as companies ship more, hire more and as consumers spend more.
- How Colombia's Second City Overcame Its Cartel Past
March 05 2013 5:57 AM
Medellín, once known as a center of drug trafficking, is trying to change its image through improvements to public security.
- Will The US Follow Canada In Scrapping Its Penny?
February 26 2013 8:38 AM
Canada started the process of phasing out its one-cent coin. What are America's plans for the future of its penny?
- An Unemployed World, A ‘Lost Generation’
January 22 2013 1:02 PM
Rising youth jobless rates have spurred concern over a “lost generation.” Global joblessness hit 197 million, up 4 million in 2012.
- Economic Events For The Coming Week, Jan 7-11
January 04 2013 3:01 PM
The U.S. trade deficit likely narrowed in November, and the euro-zone recession probably worsened at the end of last year.