- Federal Reserve May Tip Its Hand On Interest-Rate Hikes This Week
September 14 2014 7:45 AM
The U.S. Federal Reserve could signal the timing of its first interest-rate increase in more than eight years Wednesday.
- China's Factory Growth Falls Near 6-Year Low In August
September 13 2014 9:47 AM
Calls are getting louder for new economic stimulus, by China's central bank or by its government.
- India's Renewable Energy Sector To Attract $100B In 5 Years
September 12 2014 2:48 AM
India has set a target of generating 15 percent of its domestic power from renewable energy sources by 2020.
- Yao Ming The Philanthropist Wants More Freedom To Spend
September 11 2014 6:25 AM
The Chinese basketball sensation held up the American way of philanthropy as a model while addressing the World Economic Forum.
- Modi Government To Raise Record $7B By Selling Stake In State-Owned Firms
September 11 2014 3:38 AM
The combined asset sale, which will be done over the course of the year, is expected to add nearly $7.3 billion to the government's coffers.
- A Fragile Global Recovery Faces Risks
September 10 2014 3:05 AM
The world's economists worry that while the worst of the financial crisis is past, hurdles remain in the path of vibrant and sustainable growth.
- What's Bothering Your Country? Here Are The Top Economic Concerns Around The World [MAP]
September 09 2014 4:59 PM
In 18 of 25 emerging markets, citizens say rising prices are 'gravest' economic concern.
- China Will Be World’s Largest Economy In 2024
September 08 2014 12:20 AM
Chinese consumer spending is forecast to grow at an annual average rate of 7.7 percent in real terms during the next decade.
- China’s Role In Fighting Ebola
September 03 2014 3:28 PM
Chinese companies have made massive investments in some of the countries most affected by Ebola.
- Tuna Stock In Pacific Dangerously Low
September 03 2014 2:39 AM
Pacific Bluefin and BigEye tuna stocks have fallen sharply, forcing regulatory bodies to enforce fishing restrictions to help stocks recover.
- Japan Aims To Double India Investment In 5 Years
September 01 2014 12:33 AM
Modi and Abe are also likely to agree to speed up talks on a nuclear energy pact, according to the Nikkei.
- China Company Constructing 3D-Printed Houses
August 22 2014 10:11 PM
One Chinese company is using 3D printing to build houses. But it may be too early to say the construction revolution has truly arrived.
- Japan To Resume Export Of Fukushima Rice: Report
August 19 2014 7:51 AM
Before the Fukushima nuclear disaster, more than 100 tons of rice, peaches and apples were being exported annually from the prefecture.
- Fed Interest Rate Policy Making Economists Nervous
August 17 2014 4:56 PM
Economists hope the Federal Reserve doesn't wait too long before it starts raising interest rates.
- A Man, A Plan And A World Transformed
August 15 2014 9:15 AM
The Panama Canal, which opened 100 years ago, shortened shipping times dramatically and transformed global trade routes forever.
- Sales Tax Hike Squeezes Japan's Growth
August 13 2014 2:26 AM
Japan's economy shrank by 6.8 percent in the June quarter, following a drastic hike in consumption tax in April to 8 percent from 5 percent.
- Russia's Food Import Ban Will Lead To Winners And Losers
August 08 2014 7:19 PM
As the ban rolls out, nations not affected by the prohibition have an opportunity to step in and fill the gap left behind by economic giants.
- India's Cabinet Approves Foreign Investment Hike In Defense, Railways
August 07 2014 1:04 AM
However, the Modi government's efforts to push through such reforms and open up the economy have faced early resistance.
- Ooredoo Rolls Out Myanmar's Newest Phone Service Provider
August 06 2014 12:05 PM
Ooredoo and rival Norwegian company Telenor both received licenses to operate in Myanmar last year and have been racing to roll out service.
- China Official Services PMI Dips To 6-Month Low
August 03 2014 3:37 AM
Growth in China’s services sector slipped to a six-month low in July as new orders rose at their weakest rate in at least a year.