- China Company Constructing 3D-Printed Houses
August 22 2014 10:11 PM
One Chinese company is using 3D printing to build houses. But it may be too early to say the construction revolution has truly arrived.
- Japan To Resume Export Of Fukushima Rice: Report
August 19 2014 7:51 AM
Before the Fukushima nuclear disaster, more than 100 tons of rice, peaches and apples were being exported annually from the prefecture.
- Fed Interest Rate Policy Making Economists Nervous
August 17 2014 4:56 PM
Economists hope the Federal Reserve doesn't wait too long before it starts raising interest rates.
- A Man, A Plan And A World Transformed
August 15 2014 9:15 AM
The Panama Canal, which opened 100 years ago, shortened shipping times dramatically and transformed global trade routes forever.
- Sales Tax Hike Squeezes Japan's Growth
August 13 2014 2:26 AM
Japan's economy shrank by 6.8 percent in the June quarter, following a drastic hike in consumption tax in April to 8 percent from 5 percent.
- Russia's Food Import Ban Will Lead To Winners And Losers
August 08 2014 7:19 PM
As the ban rolls out, nations not affected by the prohibition have an opportunity to step in and fill the gap left behind by economic giants.
- India's Cabinet Approves Foreign Investment Hike In Defense, Railways
August 07 2014 1:04 AM
However, the Modi government's efforts to push through such reforms and open up the economy have faced early resistance.
- Ooredoo Rolls Out Myanmar's Newest Phone Service Provider
August 06 2014 12:05 PM
Ooredoo and rival Norwegian company Telenor both received licenses to operate in Myanmar last year and have been racing to roll out service.
- China Official Services PMI Dips To 6-Month Low
August 03 2014 3:37 AM
Growth in China’s services sector slipped to a six-month low in July as new orders rose at their weakest rate in at least a year.
- Failed WTO Deal Will Have 'Significant Consequences:'
August 01 2014 2:03 AM
The WTO's landmark Trade Facilitation Agreement fell through as India demanded a parallel pact for subsidies and stockpiling food.
- Some WTO Members Discuss Customs Deal Without India: Reuters
July 31 2014 2:56 AM
India's ultimatum has revived doubts about the future of the WTO as a negotiating body.
- Indonesia’s New President Faces An Old Economic Problem
July 30 2014 3:43 PM
Indonesia’s democratic progress is laudable, but the economic challenge remains.
- El Niño Will Arrive Later, Weaker Than Expected: Forecasters
July 25 2014 5:28 PM
Slower warming in the Pacific Ocean this summer is delaying and weakening a 2014 El Niño event.
- Where Do The World's Millionaires Live?
July 25 2014 12:44 PM
A newly released study shows which cities have the highest percentage of millionaires.
- India Blocks WTO Deal On Customs Rules
July 25 2014 5:34 AM
Diplomats from the 160 WTO member countries were supposed to rubber stamp a deal on "trade facilitation."
- Stimulus Boosts Order Books At Chinese Factories
July 24 2014 1:02 AM
It was the highest reading since January 2013, but some analysts say the recovery appears patchy, and more stimulus may be needed.
- Can Myanmar Avoid Its Resource Curse?
July 23 2014 1:49 PM
Still trying to emerge from the past, Myanmar’s economy is at a crucial juncture.
- Taiwan's Export Orders Surge On Mobile Phone, Electronics Demand
July 21 2014 9:26 AM
Export orders from the East Asian state grew nearly 11 percent compared to a year earlier.
- India's Nod Crucial For Potential $1 Trillion Trade Pact
July 21 2014 6:17 AM
A failure could prove disastrous for the moribund World Trade Organization (WTO) and the system of global free trade deals it underpins.
- ADB Cuts 2014 Growth Forecast For Southeast Asia To 4.7%
July 18 2014 12:33 AM
The ADB kept its growth forecast for China at 7.5 percent in 2014 and 7.4 percent in 2015.