Asia Pacific Economy
- India's RBI Keeps Key Rates Unchanged
June 17 2013 1:24 AM
India's central bank left benchmark rates untouched on Monday as softening inflation is offset by currency and deficit concerns.
- McDonald's New Rice Menu Fails To Entice Chinese
June 14 2013 3:28 PM
McDonald's is trying to overtake Kentucky Fried Chicken as China's fast food of choice. Its latest efforts don't seem to be catching on.
- Abenomics Avoids Aging-Population Issue In Japan
June 14 2013 11:43 AM
Japan's increasingly large elderly population is not considered in Abe's economic reforms.
- Singapore Censures Banks For Rate Rigging
June 14 2013 10:16 AM
Singapore identified 133 traders it says have been manipulating local interbank lending rates.
- Beijing Fails To Sell All Of Its Offered Bonds Friday
June 14 2013 8:43 AM
China’s central bank recently stopped injecting cash into the economy to reel in borrowing, and now appetite for its bonds has waned.
- Telegraph Line Running Out, Even In India
June 13 2013 12:53 PM
India's privately owned telegram service, BSNL, announced this week that telegrams will soon become extinct in India.
- Philippine Stocks Plummet Nearly 7%
June 13 2013 9:13 AM
Manila's stock index nearly erases its year-to-date gains.
- G-8 Summit Discussions Will Range From Taxes To Trade And Banks
June 13 2013 9:02 AM
The upcoming G-8 summit in Ireland will focus on central bank policy, tax evasion and free trade.
- China's Local Governments Still Spending The Big Bucks
June 12 2013 4:37 PM
While China's central government seems comfortable with a slowing national economy, local governments are spurring local growth with spending.
- Is Vietnam The New Manufacturing Heaven?
June 12 2013 2:13 PM
Vietnam's incentives for foreign investors is putting it on the brink of surpassing China as a favorite offshore manufacturing hub.
- Southeast Asia - Is The End Of The Boom Nearing?
June 12 2013 10:31 AM
Falling exports from Southeast Asia, which fared better than the rest of the world in the financial crisis, could spell trouble for the region.
- Fitch Ratings Upgrades India Back to 'Stable'
June 12 2013 8:59 AM
The Fitch credit agency upgraded India’s sovereign debt outlook back to ‘stable’ from ‘negative,’ about a year after its downgrade.