- Taiwan's Export Orders Surge On Mobile Phone, Electronics Demand
July 21 2014 9:26 AM
Export orders from the East Asian state grew nearly 11 percent compared to a year earlier.
- India's Nod Crucial For Potential $1 Trillion Trade Pact
July 21 2014 6:17 AM
A failure could prove disastrous for the moribund World Trade Organization (WTO) and the system of global free trade deals it underpins.
- ADB Cuts 2014 Growth Forecast For Southeast Asia To 4.7%
July 18 2014 12:33 AM
The ADB kept its growth forecast for China at 7.5 percent in 2014 and 7.4 percent in 2015.
- China's Growth Quickens To 7.5% In Q2
July 16 2014 12:15 AM
Many economists believe more policy support may be needed in coming months to sustain any recovery.
- WTO Rules Against US In Tariff Row With China, India
July 15 2014 5:55 AM
Rejecting American claims, the WTO asked the country to “bring its measures in conformity with its obligations."
- Modi Government's First Budget Designed To Attract Foreign Investors
July 10 2014 9:38 AM
India's Narendra Modi-led BJP government presented an investor-friendly budget on Thursday.
- Economics Likely Taking Priority Over Strategy In US-China Talks
July 08 2014 6:18 PM
China's currency has been appreciating -- but the U.S. is still pushing for more.
- In Massive Overhaul, Indian Railways Looks To Spend Billions
July 08 2014 9:01 AM
India is planning to spend $10.95 billion in 2014-15 alone to overhaul the country's decrepit rail network, the railway minister said Tuesday.
- El Niño Update: Neoguri Could Be First Storm To Hit Japan
July 07 2014 3:53 PM
Japan could see three times as many significant storm impacts this year as 2013 in part because of El Niño.
- Super Typhoon Neoguri Threatens Japan's Nuclear Plants
July 07 2014 10:34 AM
The storm was expected to hit Japan's Okinawa island chain on early Tuesday and slam into mainland Japan on Wednesday.
- IMF Chief Hints At Downward Revision In World Economic Outlook
July 06 2014 5:41 AM
Christine Lagarde & Co. appear to believe economic momentum has slackened since the publication of a key report in April.
- El Niño Could Stir Up Australia Heat Wave, India Monsoon
July 03 2014 2:23 PM
“The rainfall pattern has gotten distorted this year, and it will have some impact on agricultural productivity.”
- Coors Serves Up Warm Beers For The Chinese
July 03 2014 1:48 PM
Americans notoriously like their beer ice-cold. Turns out the Chinese really don't.
- France Proposes $1B Euro Credit Line For India Projects
July 01 2014 6:28 AM
India is keen to attract foreign development agencies and companies to help finance new roads, railways and cities.
- Chinese Factories Stabilize Economy
July 01 2014 12:20 AM
Analysts believe the worst for the economy is over but expect Beijing to announce more stimulus measures in coming months.
- Russian Economy Would Ebb In Wake Of Sectoral Sanctions: Minister
June 29 2014 4:35 AM
A Russian recession could result should the West adopt sectoral sanctions over Ukraine, but it would not be “dramatic,” Alexei Ulyukayev says.
- Japan Unemployment Rate Reaches 16-Year Low
June 27 2014 5:50 AM
The jobless rate in the world's third-largest economy fell to its lowest since 1997.
- What Is An El Niño?
June 26 2014 4:40 PM
Scientists worldwide expect a medium-strength El Niño to occur in the Pacific this year. We explain what that means.
- Chinese Projects Find A Home In America's Small Towns
June 24 2014 8:44 PM
"Ni hao, y'all." Small towns in the U.S. are bidding for Chinese projects.
- India To Expand Civilian Nuclear Agreement With IAEA
June 24 2014 5:57 AM
India is expanding a nuclear plant that could produce enough weapons-grade uranium to make five atom bombs a year, according to reports.