- Some WTO Members Discuss Customs Deal Without India: Reuters
July 31 2014 2:56 AM
India's ultimatum has revived doubts about the future of the WTO as a negotiating body.
- Indonesia’s New President Faces An Old Economic Problem
July 30 2014 3:43 PM
Indonesia’s democratic progress is laudable, but the economic challenge remains.
- El Niño Will Arrive Later, Weaker Than Expected: Forecasters
July 25 2014 5:28 PM
Slower warming in the Pacific Ocean this summer is delaying and weakening a 2014 El Niño event.
- Where Do The World's Millionaires Live?
July 25 2014 12:44 PM
A newly released study shows which cities have the highest percentage of millionaires.
- India Blocks WTO Deal On Customs Rules
July 25 2014 5:34 AM
Diplomats from the 160 WTO member countries were supposed to rubber stamp a deal on "trade facilitation."
- Stimulus Boosts Order Books At Chinese Factories
July 24 2014 1:02 AM
It was the highest reading since January 2013, but some analysts say the recovery appears patchy, and more stimulus may be needed.
- Can Myanmar Avoid Its Resource Curse?
July 23 2014 1:49 PM
Still trying to emerge from the past, Myanmar’s economy is at a crucial juncture.
- Taiwan's Export Orders Surge On Mobile Phone, Electronics Demand
July 21 2014 9:26 AM
Export orders from the East Asian state grew nearly 11 percent compared to a year earlier.
- India's Nod Crucial For Potential $1 Trillion Trade Pact
July 21 2014 6:17 AM
A failure could prove disastrous for the moribund World Trade Organization (WTO) and the system of global free trade deals it underpins.
- ADB Cuts 2014 Growth Forecast For Southeast Asia To 4.7%
July 18 2014 12:33 AM
The ADB kept its growth forecast for China at 7.5 percent in 2014 and 7.4 percent in 2015.
- China's Growth Quickens To 7.5% In Q2
July 16 2014 12:15 AM
Many economists believe more policy support may be needed in coming months to sustain any recovery.
- WTO Rules Against US In Tariff Row With China, India
July 15 2014 5:55 AM
Rejecting American claims, the WTO asked the country to “bring its measures in conformity with its obligations."
- Modi Government's First Budget Designed To Attract Foreign Investors
July 10 2014 9:38 AM
India's Narendra Modi-led BJP government presented an investor-friendly budget on Thursday.
- Economics Likely Taking Priority Over Strategy In US-China Talks
July 08 2014 6:18 PM
China's currency has been appreciating -- but the U.S. is still pushing for more.
- In Massive Overhaul, Indian Railways Looks To Spend Billions
July 08 2014 9:01 AM
India is planning to spend $10.95 billion in 2014-15 alone to overhaul the country's decrepit rail network, the railway minister said Tuesday.
- El Niño Update: Neoguri Could Be First Storm To Hit Japan
July 07 2014 3:53 PM
Japan could see three times as many significant storm impacts this year as 2013 in part because of El Niño.
- Super Typhoon Neoguri Threatens Japan's Nuclear Plants
July 07 2014 10:34 AM
The storm was expected to hit Japan's Okinawa island chain on early Tuesday and slam into mainland Japan on Wednesday.
- IMF Chief Hints At Downward Revision In World Economic Outlook
July 06 2014 5:41 AM
Christine Lagarde & Co. appear to believe economic momentum has slackened since the publication of a key report in April.
- El Niño Could Stir Up Australia Heat Wave, India Monsoon
July 03 2014 2:23 PM
“The rainfall pattern has gotten distorted this year, and it will have some impact on agricultural productivity.”
- Coors Serves Up Warm Beers For The Chinese
July 03 2014 1:48 PM
Americans notoriously like their beer ice-cold. Turns out the Chinese really don't.