Asia Pacific Economy
- Taiwan Says It Can Afford To Lose Philippines As Trading Partner
May 15 2013 12:58 PM
A Taiwanese official said the country "can afford" to lose the Philippines as a trading partner in row over fisherman's death.
- Tea Or Coffee: Which Is India’s National Drink?
May 13 2013 2:06 PM
India’s tea and coffee manufacturers have staged a bitter rivalry over which liquid is the national drink.
- Is China’s Economy Cooling?
May 13 2013 7:18 AM
China industrial output came in at 9.3 percent, below forecast. April electricity production and retail consumption missed targets, too.
- China's April Factory Output Up 9.3 Percent, Misses Forecast
May 13 2013 3:16 AM
China’s industrial production grew less than expected in April in comparison to the previous month, indicating economic volatility.
- The Takeover: China Goes To Middle East, Bringing Lots Of Cash
May 11 2013 11:03 AM
In search of resources and trade options, China has turned to the Middle East, including volatile areas where the West fears to do business.
- Japan's Bank Lending Is Higher Now Than In July 2009
May 10 2013 8:25 AM
Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's policies appear to be helping exporters, according to the latest BoJ report.
- 3 Reports Say Global Economy Isn't Going Gangbusters
May 10 2013 5:24 AM
Analyses indicate the recovery is actually faltering, based on multiple economic and market variables.
- Veggies Push China Inflation Higher In April
May 09 2013 8:50 AM
Beijing says overall inflation increased by 2.4 percent in April. Excluding food? Only 1.6 percent.
- Why China's Surge In Exports Raises Doubts
May 08 2013 7:40 AM
Sweet export volume numbers out of China do not jive with other data.
- Escape From China: One-Fifth Of Affluent Chinese Plan To Emigrate
May 07 2013 2:48 PM
China is now experiencing its third wave of mass emigration, and this time it's not the poor who are leaving.
- India's April Services PMI Logs Slowest Growth In 18 Months
May 06 2013 4:30 AM
India's services sector recorded its slowest growth in 18 months following lower overseas demand for new services.
- Bollywood At 100: How Big Is India’s Mammoth Film Industry?
May 03 2013 1:54 PM
With 1,000 films produced annually (about double Hollywood’s output), Bollywood is the world’s most prolific cinema factory.