- Russian Economy Would Ebb In Wake Of Sectoral Sanctions: Minister
June 29 2014 4:35 AM
A Russian recession could result should the West adopt sectoral sanctions over Ukraine, but it would not be “dramatic,” Alexei Ulyukayev says.
- Japan Unemployment Rate Reaches 16-Year Low
June 27 2014 5:50 AM
The jobless rate in the world's third-largest economy fell to its lowest since 1997.
- What Is An El Niño?
June 26 2014 4:40 PM
Scientists worldwide expect a medium-strength El Niño to occur in the Pacific this year. We explain what that means.
- Chinese Projects Find A Home In America's Small Towns
June 24 2014 8:44 PM
"Ni hao, y'all." Small towns in the U.S. are bidding for Chinese projects.
- India To Expand Civilian Nuclear Agreement With IAEA
June 24 2014 5:57 AM
India is expanding a nuclear plant that could produce enough weapons-grade uranium to make five atom bombs a year, according to reports.
- China's Manufacturing Sector Expands For First Time In 6 Months
June 23 2014 1:14 AM
It was the first time since December that the PMI was in growth territory, and the highest reading since November.
- Lawmakers Step Up Pressure To Boot Brunei From Free Trade Talks
June 19 2014 4:50 PM
Rights activists says Brunei should be kicked out of free-trade talks after it legalized capital punishment for gays and adulterers.
- Thailand's Rice Is Stuck In The Country, Driving Up Prices
June 19 2014 2:59 PM
Thailand's coup has put the country's rice-export industry in jeopardy.
- India To Pay Iran $1.65B In Oil Dues
June 19 2014 7:11 AM
Economic sanctions, which had so far barred the use of normal banking channels for oil payments, have crippled Iran’s economy.
- Small Countries, Big Money; Tycoons Cluster In Asian And Gulf States
June 10 2014 5:14 PM
Private wealth ballooned globally in 2013, and flowed ever more toward the top, a report finds.
- China's New High-Speed Rail Promises Growth In Xinjiang
June 09 2014 11:19 AM
A high-speed railway will offer access to the restive province at unprecedented speeds, and may foster economic development.
- How An Island Paradise Became A Haven For Dirty Money
June 09 2014 9:14 AM
Seychelles, an island nation with a population smaller than Davenport, Iowa, has become a haven for international corruption and money laundering.
- Modi Government's Decision On Foreign Investments Should Be Respected: UK Official
May 29 2014 3:10 AM
India's retail sector is considered notoriously hard to crack because of entrenched mom-and-pop stores and a lack of supply chain infrastructure.
- Indonesia, India Top Shadow Economy List
May 28 2014 2:06 AM
Shadow businesses can make up more than 80 percent of total economic activity in developing countries, according to a new study.
- Thai Coup Leader To Get Royal Endorsement
May 26 2014 12:27 AM
Despite warnings, small crowds of people opposing the May 22 coup have been gathering in Bangkok as well as in the north and northeast.
- This Coup Just Might Stick To Teflon Thailand
May 22 2014 4:47 PM
Thailand's economy has a reputation for surviving political tensions, but maybe not this time.
- Russia, China Are Strange, But Not Impossible Bedfellows
May 21 2014 1:14 PM
Even if the long-term economic effect of the $400 billion natural gas deal is small, Beijing and Moscow have formed a major partnership.
- Moody's Optimistic About India's Future After BJP's Win
May 19 2014 7:58 AM
The benchmark BSE Sensex closed at a record high Monday while the rupee rose to a 11-month high against the dollar.
- In Africa, China Expands Beyond Oil
May 15 2014 10:33 AM
Often ahead of its Western counterparts in investment, China is moving from natural resources into manufacturing and services.
- Thai PM Flees Meeting After 3 Killed In Bangkok
May 15 2014 4:45 AM