- WTO Rules Against US In Tariff Row With China, India
July 15 2014 5:55 AM
Rejecting American claims, the WTO asked the country to “bring its measures in conformity with its obligations."
- Modi Government's First Budget Designed To Attract Foreign Investors
July 10 2014 9:38 AM
India's Narendra Modi-led BJP government presented an investor-friendly budget on Thursday.
- Economics Likely Taking Priority Over Strategy In US-China Talks
July 08 2014 6:18 PM
China's currency has been appreciating -- but the U.S. is still pushing for more.
- In Massive Overhaul, Indian Railways Looks To Spend Billions
July 08 2014 9:01 AM
India is planning to spend $10.95 billion in 2014-15 alone to overhaul the country's decrepit rail network, the railway minister said Tuesday.
- El Niño Update: Neoguri Could Be First Storm To Hit Japan
July 07 2014 3:53 PM
Japan could see three times as many significant storm impacts this year as 2013 in part because of El Niño.
- Super Typhoon Neoguri Threatens Japan's Nuclear Plants
July 07 2014 10:34 AM
The storm was expected to hit Japan's Okinawa island chain on early Tuesday and slam into mainland Japan on Wednesday.
- IMF Chief Hints At Downward Revision In World Economic Outlook
July 06 2014 5:41 AM
Christine Lagarde & Co. appear to believe economic momentum has slackened since the publication of a key report in April.
- El Niño Could Stir Up Australia Heat Wave, India Monsoon
July 03 2014 2:23 PM
“The rainfall pattern has gotten distorted this year, and it will have some impact on agricultural productivity.”
- Coors Serves Up Warm Beers For The Chinese
July 03 2014 1:48 PM
Americans notoriously like their beer ice-cold. Turns out the Chinese really don't.
- France Proposes $1B Euro Credit Line For India Projects
July 01 2014 6:28 AM
India is keen to attract foreign development agencies and companies to help finance new roads, railways and cities.
- Chinese Factories Stabilize Economy
July 01 2014 12:20 AM
Analysts believe the worst for the economy is over but expect Beijing to announce more stimulus measures in coming months.
- Russian Economy Would Ebb In Wake Of Sectoral Sanctions: Minister
June 29 2014 4:35 AM
A Russian recession could result should the West adopt sectoral sanctions over Ukraine, but it would not be “dramatic,” Alexei Ulyukayev says.
- Japan Unemployment Rate Reaches 16-Year Low
June 27 2014 5:50 AM
The jobless rate in the world's third-largest economy fell to its lowest since 1997.
- What Is An El Niño?
June 26 2014 4:40 PM
Scientists worldwide expect a medium-strength El Niño to occur in the Pacific this year. We explain what that means.
- Chinese Projects Find A Home In America's Small Towns
June 24 2014 8:44 PM
"Ni hao, y'all." Small towns in the U.S. are bidding for Chinese projects.
- India To Expand Civilian Nuclear Agreement With IAEA
June 24 2014 5:57 AM
India is expanding a nuclear plant that could produce enough weapons-grade uranium to make five atom bombs a year, according to reports.
- China's Manufacturing Sector Expands For First Time In 6 Months
June 23 2014 1:14 AM
It was the first time since December that the PMI was in growth territory, and the highest reading since November.
- Lawmakers Step Up Pressure To Boot Brunei From Free Trade Talks
June 19 2014 4:50 PM
Rights activists says Brunei should be kicked out of free-trade talks after it legalized capital punishment for gays and adulterers.
- Thailand's Rice Is Stuck In The Country, Driving Up Prices
June 19 2014 2:59 PM
Thailand's coup has put the country's rice-export industry in jeopardy.
- India To Pay Iran $1.65B In Oil Dues
June 19 2014 7:11 AM
Economic sanctions, which had so far barred the use of normal banking channels for oil payments, have crippled Iran’s economy.