- ADB Slashes Asian Growth Forecast
October 03 2013 2:32 AM
A protracted slowdown in India and China, and QE nervousness are projected to slow developing Asia’s growth rate to 6 percent in 2013.
- Chinese Non-Manufacturing Sector Grows In September
October 02 2013 9:52 PM
The latest data showed service sector growth remained stronger compared to the manufacturing sector.
- A New Wave Of Chinese Immigrants, Courtesy Of Proposed Inheritance Tax
October 01 2013 11:14 AM
Not many is on board with the new tax, and if the government doesn't at least revise it, more Chinese could be moving abroad to evade the tax.
- After Hiking Sales Tax, Japan's Abe Takes Aim At Cutting Corporate Tax
October 01 2013 7:32 AM
The prime minister's moves are part of his overall drive to jump-start the nation's long-suffering economy.
- China Official PMI Edges Up to 51.1 In September; Misses Expectations
September 30 2013 11:20 PM
China's manufacturing sector expands modestly in September, indicating that measures to prop up domestic demand are yielding results, official PMI data showed.
- Why A Fed Stimulus Reduction Would Hurt Certain Emerging Economies
September 30 2013 3:24 PM
They've had five years to prepare for the end of quantitative easing. So what will happen to emerging economies when tapering begins?
- US Govt Shutdown Would Delay Sept. Jobs Report
September 30 2013 2:58 PM
A government shutdown would leave investors in the dark, at least temporarily, as the closely watched monthly U.S. jobs report would be delayed.
- China’s Manufacturing PMI Falls Short Of Flash Estimate
September 29 2013 10:45 PM
Output in China's manufacturing sector improved and foreign demand increased for the first time in six months, in September.
- Shanghai’s Free-Trade Zone Opens For Business
September 29 2013 10:59 AM
China’s new trade zone will be a test ground for financial, trade and investment reforms. But doubts remain.
- You Are Invited To Join The Gold Rush In Myanmar
September 27 2013 5:49 AM
Myanmar leaders and experts speak to the type of "responsible investment" that is needed in the world's next frontier.
- Chinese Industrial Profits Jump In August
September 26 2013 10:44 PM
Profits jumped 24.2 percent in August on a yearly basis, after a 11.6 percent gain in July, suggesting strong growth momentum.
- Japan Inflation At 5-Year High In Success For BoJ Policy
September 26 2013 9:10 PM
Core consumer inflation hit 0.8 percent in August over a year earlier, the government announced Friday.
- Attention Skilled Foreign Worker: Laos Wants You
September 25 2013 3:34 PM
The Southeast Asian nation needs to bring 70,000 more skilled foreign workers to keep up with growth.
- China's Unbalanced Growth: A Look Under The Hood
September 25 2013 5:55 AM
China's unbalanced growth can only lead to economic collapse? Some actually see it as China’s underlying source of power.
- Narrowing Gender Gap Boosts GDP: IMF Study
September 24 2013 3:09 PM
A new report from the IMF outlines the untapped potential of a worldwide female labor force that still isn't going to work.
- China's Wealthiest 20% Make 67 Times More Than Its Poorest 20%
September 24 2013 5:50 AM
So-called gray income is one reason China has one of the biggest gaps between wealthy and poor, and the inequality is only getting worse.
- For China's Wealthy, Designer Babies
September 23 2013 11:07 AM
A genetically superior, or at least genetically screened, baby with American citizenship is the latest luxury for China's upper class.
- Working In Singapore Just Got Harder For Skilled Foreigners
September 23 2013 2:32 AM
Singapore, which had an unemployment rate of under 2 percent in 2012, tightened foreign recruitment rules for the fourth time this year.
- China’s Flash Manufacturing PMI At 6-Month High
September 22 2013 11:13 PM
China's economy expanded at a better-than-expected rate in September, providing further evidence of a stabilizing economy.
- India’s Central Bank Raises Key Interest Rate Surprising Markets
September 20 2013 3:02 AM
The Reserve Bank of India, now led by a new governor -- Raghuram Rajan -- raised a key interest rate, catching markets off guard.