- China's Latest, Growth-Triggered Shortage
December 13 2013 11:59 AM
The world's fastest-growing air travel market struggles to find enough qualified people to fill pilot seats.
- Reading The Tea Leaves From China's 2014 Economic Policy Meeting
December 13 2013 11:30 AM
The just-completed, annual, high-level meeting is closed-door, but a few themes were communicated.
- China 2014: An Important Year For Its Reform Agenda
December 12 2013 2:56 PM
GDP growth will slow just a little more in China, but that pace is in-line with the nation's plan for reform.
- India's Trade Deficit Narrows
December 11 2013 6:51 AM
A fall in imports of the precious metal helped Asia's third-largest economy post a sharp annual decline in its trade deficit.
- China 2035 - Talk About Electricity Demand
December 10 2013 8:22 AM
Even with a Chinese economic slowdown, China's total power demand is expected to hit a remarkable level in 2035.
- Clues To Beijing's Thinking
December 10 2013 6:19 AM
China's annual Central Economic Work Conference, Dec. 10-12, typically includes a lengthy fiscal/monetary policy statement.
- China’s Retail Sales Beat Estimate
December 10 2013 1:32 AM
But the country's industrial production and urban investments missed forecasts.
- What The Latest WTO Agreement Means For The Global Economy
December 09 2013 10:39 AM
WTO leaders hailed the weekend trade pact as a major breakthrough, but some economists think it's just so much small change.
- Leaked TPP Documents Reveal US Pressure On Negotiators
December 09 2013 4:26 AM
The TPP treaty is at risk of failing if member nations do not allow for concessions on key national interest issues.
- China's November Exports Blow Past Estimate
December 07 2013 10:34 PM
China's exports came in well above forecasts in November, contributing to a bigger trade surplus.
- WTO Reaches Its First Ever Global Trade Deal
December 07 2013 12:05 PM
Bali summit would contribute nearly $1 trillion to the global economy and create more than 20 million jobs.
- Your Ultimate Guide To The 2014 Global Economy
December 06 2013 12:31 PM
Two indicators per country, or, how to stay on top of global economic trends in 2014 like an economist.
- A Chinese Disneyland In New York State?
December 06 2013 5:19 AM
Think of it as Chinatown on steroids. Plans for a sprawling China-themed facility in the Catskills are being reviewed.
- How To Beat Beijing's Near-Impossible License Plate Lottery
December 05 2013 3:46 PM
Registering your car in traffic-congested Beijing is about to get harder. This hasn't stopped some drivers from tricking the system creatively.
- Why Australia's Beef Exporters Really Like South Korea
December 05 2013 12:17 PM
Total bilateral trade between South Korea and Australia amounted to about $29 billion last year.
- Two Dollars For Insurance?
December 05 2013 5:25 AM
That's how much poor Cambodians have to pay, yet most still do not have insurance.
- Indian States Vie For Chinese Investments
December 05 2013 4:40 AM
Chinese firms are keen on investing in agro-processing, tourism and manufacturing, while India wants to ease the trade imbalance with China.
- Asian-Americans Doing More Than Their Part For The Economy
December 04 2013 2:20 PM
They outspend the average American household by a significant margin, and they comprise the biggest group of online shoppers.
- British Pig Semen Worth Millions?
December 04 2013 10:26 AM
David Cameron has pushed through a deal to export pig semen to China.
- Japan: Slower Growth Expected, BOJ On Hold
December 04 2013 6:09 AM
Bank of Japan is unlikely to launch fresh stimulus any time soon.