- Japan PMI Underscores Slowdown Concerns Amid Tax Hike Debate
August 05 2013 2:15 AM
Growth in Japan’s services sector was at its weakest in nine months amid stagnation in new business and employment, a new survey shows.
- Factory Sector Weighs On China's Growth
August 05 2013 1:42 AM
China's service sector shows resilience even as the economy struggles to maintain growth momentum, HSBC's latest reading of PMI shows.
- China PMI Data: Services Sector Steady, Composite Down
August 04 2013 10:45 PM
The latest HSBC China purchasing managers’ indexes indicate a divergence between the two economic sectors.
- Japan PMI Readings Point To Slowdown In World’s Third-Largest Economy
August 04 2013 7:41 PM
The latest levels of Japan’s PMI composite and its PMI for the service sector indicate a slowdown in the economy.
- Inside Banking In Conflict Zones Around The World
August 02 2013 11:08 PM
When trouble arrives, banks often depart, and access to cash becomes difficult. This is the story of how people bank in conflict zones.
- Starbucks Sees Growing Coffee Culture In China
August 02 2013 3:43 PM
China is famously the land of tea. But the world's biggest coffee chain is betting it will change its ways.
- China Eyes American Pesticide Market
August 02 2013 12:17 PM
Chinese ag-chem companies are moving into the lucrative U.S. pesticide market.
- Thailand's Dawei Project In Myanmar Faces Financial Trouble
August 02 2013 6:16 AM
The $50 billion industrial hub is having difficulties rounding up the funding it requires.
- India Manufacturing Sector Stagnates, GS Outlook Bleak On India
August 01 2013 6:37 AM
Indian stocks suffer a downgrade by Goldman Sachs while a separate survey shows factory activity dropped in July.
- Reports Differ On Health Of China's Factory Sector
August 01 2013 2:37 AM
Official and private estimates of the state of China's factory sector differ, making it harder to judge the true health of the country's economy.
- China’s Rich Are Getting Ripped Off Buying Cars, But Who’s To Blame?
July 31 2013 6:14 AM
Would you pay over $80,000 for a Mini Cooper? How about nearly $100,000 for an Audi A4 sedan?
- Japan PMI Falls In July To Barely Above 50
July 30 2013 9:36 PM
Japan’s manufacturing activity grew in July at the slowest pace in four months, an apparent response to slowing growth in exports.
- India's RBI Holds Rates Steady, Lowers GDP Estimate
July 30 2013 2:29 AM
India's central bank expressed concerns about a slow global recovery and the impact of the Federal Reserve winding down its stimulus program.
- Asia Intra-Regional Connectivity Key To Economic Development
July 29 2013 10:45 AM
Infrastructure development is key to Asian nations' shift away from export-based economy, officials agree.
- Japan's Abe May Increase Sales Tax
July 29 2013 7:27 AM
Japan's Shinzo Abe will consider raising the sales tax -- a move supported by BoJ -- based on Q2 GDP's performance.
- China Orders Audit Of Government Debt
July 29 2013 4:57 AM
The order comes as GDP growth slows and worries mount over vulnerabilities in local government finances and their effect on the banking system.
- Think Twice Before Gloating Over A Chinese Economic Slowdown
July 27 2013 11:21 AM
For 30 years, the world watched in awe as China's economy galloped ahead, but China's slowdown might not stick to the script.
- Detroit: China’s Newest Real-Estate Investment Target
July 26 2013 11:49 AM
As Chinese real estate prices continue to soar, investors are moving their money to Detroit in hopes of turning a profit.
- India Eager To Overtake China In Myanmar Investment
July 26 2013 10:31 AM
Whether or not Indian companies can challenge Chinese rivals in Myanmar will depend, in part, on the Export-Import Bank of India.
- June Japan CPI Jumps - An Encouraging Sign
July 26 2013 8:01 AM
The figures indicate the effectiveness of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s aggressive monetary easing policy.