- Islamic World Should Empower Women For Economic Advancement: Malaysian PM
October 29 2013 11:10 AM
In a speech to the World Islamic Economic Forum, the head of Muslim-majority Malaysia touts the economic benefits of empowering females.
- India's Central Bank Raises Key Interest Rate
October 29 2013 2:46 AM
The second consecutive interest rate hike comes amid stubborn inflation, which is likely to remain high in coming months.
- Can China Save Debtor Local Economies And Avoid A Hard Landing?
October 25 2013 5:05 PM
China's debt-ridden local governments are testing the limits of the "you have to spend money to make money" axiom.
- New Tax For Malaysia, Sugar Subsidy No More
October 25 2013 1:13 PM
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib unveiled the nation's new budget for 2014, with expected new tax.
- Emerging Market Slowdown Weighs On Caucasus And Central Asia
October 25 2013 4:44 AM
The energy sector-driven Central Asian nations are growing but it could be a while before they move closer to pre-2008 growth rates.
- One More Warning Bell For China's Economy
October 23 2013 10:46 AM
The five biggest Chinese lenders were obliged to triple bad loan writeoffs in the first half of the year.
- Malaysia To Carefully Address Alarming Debt
October 23 2013 6:26 AM
The nation's 2014 budget will be announced on Friday, and broad fiscal reforms are expected.
- Russia's Reliance On Oil Could Cost It Dearly
October 22 2013 3:47 PM
Russia relies on oil for 50 percent of its revenue, so what is it going to do when -- or if -- Iranian oil hits the market again?
- The Fee For Chinese Millionaire Matchmakers?
October 22 2013 11:34 AM
It could cost 200,000 yuan just to meet your dream woman in China.
- China’s Housing Prices Rise For Ninth Month
October 21 2013 10:37 PM
The uptick in new housing prices across major cities continues despite the government’s efforts to cool the real estate market.
- Japan Industry Activity Lags Expectations
October 21 2013 1:39 AM
A host of official economic indicators from Japan suggest a slight slowdown in growth.
- China's Economy On Track In Q3: Data
October 17 2013 11:13 PM
The latest official statistics show China's economy is well and truly back to its old growing habits.
- China: Political Posturing Has Hurt Economies
October 17 2013 10:54 AM
The United States has saved itself just in the nick of time, but China doesn't care, as it downgraded the U.S.'s financial rating.
- Singapore Muslims Honor Eid Sacrifice In Impoverished Neighboring Indonesia
October 17 2013 5:53 AM
Residents of Singapore are vastly wealthier than their neighbors in Indonesia.
- Will Governments Start To Come After Your Savings?
October 16 2013 1:30 PM
Five years after the global financial crisis, the IMF is suggesting states place a 10% tax on all households.
- A Pair Of Pandas For Some Uranium
October 15 2013 11:27 AM
The going rate for a pair of pandas on loan includes uranium, energy technology and trade agreements with China.
- 4 Things To Know About The Trans-Pacific Partnership
October 15 2013 6:19 AM
The pact, arguably the most important trade agreement in a generation, emerged after a decade of trade talk dissapointment.
- Does It Come In Gold? China's Obsession With Gilded Goods
October 14 2013 10:59 AM
China's luxury consumers are clamoring for gold, or at least gold-colored, goods of all kinds.
- China’s Annualized CPI Rises In Sept. Vs. Aug.
October 13 2013 10:32 PM
The country’s consumer price index came in a bit higher than a consensus estimate of 2.9 percent.
- BRICS May Decide On $100B Reserve Fund By Early Next Year
October 12 2013 11:01 PM
BRICS nations made little progress toward setting up a $100 billion currency-reserve pool, as disagreements cropped up over its details.