- July Japan Industry Activity Rose More Than Expected
September 19 2013 1:40 AM
Industry activity marginally beat expectations, while August's trade deficit was less than forecast.
- The Problem With China's Land Reform
September 18 2013 5:50 AM
The process that promises shared prosperity often simply means local government forcing farmers into buildings while grabbing their land.
- Barclays To China: Miracles Don't Last, So Enjoy While You Can
September 18 2013 12:33 AM
In the next three to five years, we might see the first recession in the Chinese economy since the beginning of economic reform.
- US Retail Faring Badly, As Asian Consumers Shop More
September 17 2013 5:33 PM
Holiday retail traffic this year in the U.S. is expected to be lower than last year’s.
- China's Local Government Debt Equals Germany's GDP
September 17 2013 11:32 AM
The combined debt of China's local governments now roughly equals the European nation's gross domestic product.
- Will Onion Prices Sway India’s Central Bank Policy?
September 17 2013 6:32 AM
India has pinned its hopes on the new central bank chief, Raghuram Rajan, to tackle high inflation, a weak rupee and slowing growth.
- FDI Growth Rate In China Eases
September 16 2013 11:44 PM
But, the dip in FDI is not seen as a sign of weak economic recovery.
- European Economies Still Most Dominant Globally: Study
September 16 2013 10:55 AM
It might come as a surprise, but European economies leave the United States trailing in their wake, new figures reveal.
- India's Inflation Grows At Its Fastest Pace In 6 Months
September 16 2013 4:06 AM
India's wholesale price inflation, or WPI, rose more than expected in August hurting chances of a key policy rate cut later this week.
- July Japan Factory Production Revised Up To 3.4%
September 13 2013 1:56 AM
The revised industrial production number is further evidence of a strengthening economy.
- US Economic Freedom On The Decline
September 12 2013 2:56 PM
The United States, which ranked 10th on the Economic Freedom Index, scored 76, the lowest it has scored since 2000.
- August India's Industrial Production Jumps 2.6%
September 12 2013 8:36 AM
Asia's third-largest economy posted a big gain in its industrial production last month after falling for the previous two months.
- Coal Glut At Indian Ports As Local Importers Refuse Delivery
September 12 2013 4:26 AM
Imported coal is piling up at Indian ports while key exporters such as Indonesia struggle to deal with the problems of its top buyer - India.
- Five Of China's Wealthiest Equals One Bill Gates
September 11 2013 2:18 PM
The five wealthiest Chinese now have a combined fortune rivaling that of Microsoft founder Bill Gates.
- Japan Tax Hike: Lessons From 1997
September 11 2013 5:56 AM
With the world’s highest debt-to-GDP ratio and an increasing social security bill, Japan will have to consider more revenue.
- Surging Exports Help India Narrow Trade Deficit
September 10 2013 7:32 AM
India’s exports grew 12.97 percent in August compared to the corresponding period in 2012, while imports declined 0.68 percent year-on-year.
- China's Industrial Output, Retail Sales Beat Expectations
September 10 2013 2:36 AM
China’s industrial production in August rose 10.4 percent, while retail sales rose 13.4 percent indicating resilient growth.
- Tokyo Olympics 2020: A Modest And Potentially Dangerous Economic Impact
September 09 2013 3:32 PM
Analysts say the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo won't do much for Japan's GDP, even if 3 trillion yen is injected into the economy over several years.
- China’s CPI Rises 2.6% In August Versus 2.7% In July
September 08 2013 10:04 PM
China’s inflationary pressures appear comparatively moderate, as its PPI falls -1.6 percent in August versus -2.3 percent In July.
- Japan GDP Growth In Second Quarter Upwardly Revised To 0.9% From 0.6%
September 08 2013 8:08 PM
Expansion of Japan’s real GDP in the second quarter was upwardly revised to 0.9 percent from 0.6 percent.