- Japan PMI Falls In July To Barely Above 50
July 30 2013 9:36 PM
Japan’s manufacturing activity grew in July at the slowest pace in four months, an apparent response to slowing growth in exports.
- India's RBI Holds Rates Steady, Lowers GDP Estimate
July 30 2013 2:29 AM
India's central bank expressed concerns about a slow global recovery and the impact of the Federal Reserve winding down its stimulus program.
- Asia Intra-Regional Connectivity Key To Economic Development
July 29 2013 10:45 AM
Infrastructure development is key to Asian nations' shift away from export-based economy, officials agree.
- Japan's Abe May Increase Sales Tax
July 29 2013 7:27 AM
Japan's Shinzo Abe will consider raising the sales tax -- a move supported by BoJ -- based on Q2 GDP's performance.
- China Orders Audit Of Government Debt
July 29 2013 4:57 AM
The order comes as GDP growth slows and worries mount over vulnerabilities in local government finances and their effect on the banking system.
- Think Twice Before Gloating Over A Chinese Economic Slowdown
July 27 2013 11:21 AM
For 30 years, the world watched in awe as China's economy galloped ahead, but China's slowdown might not stick to the script.
- Detroit: China’s Newest Real-Estate Investment Target
July 26 2013 11:49 AM
As Chinese real estate prices continue to soar, investors are moving their money to Detroit in hopes of turning a profit.
- India Eager To Overtake China In Myanmar Investment
July 26 2013 10:31 AM
Whether or not Indian companies can challenge Chinese rivals in Myanmar will depend, in part, on the Export-Import Bank of India.
- June Japan CPI Jumps - An Encouraging Sign
July 26 2013 8:01 AM
The figures indicate the effectiveness of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s aggressive monetary easing policy.
- Chinese Money Unpopular In Myanmar?
July 25 2013 11:28 AM
Chinese businesses have become unpopular in Myanmar, owing to contracts seen as unfair and environmental damages.
- Moody’s Reviews Philippines For Potential Ratings Upgrade
July 25 2013 8:04 AM
The slight shift will mean Moody’s rates the country as reasonably safe for investment.
- Cambodia Economy And Tourism Unaffected By Election Troubles
July 25 2013 5:40 AM
Cambodia is confident its economy will grow by 7.6% in 2013, despite upcoming elections.
- China's Manufacturing Sector Slows Further
July 24 2013 2:00 AM
China's manufacturing sector registered yet another drop, sparking concerns over the extended slowdown while giving strength to stimulus hopes.
- US Auto Workers Livid Over Japan Joining Trans-Pacific Partnership Talks
July 23 2013 3:55 PM
As Japan formally joins talks for massive free trade zone, U.S. auto workers pressure Washington over access to Japanese market.
- Infrastructure: China Might Overtake US By 2014
July 23 2013 2:51 PM
Home to the second-largest stock of built assets, China will likely overtake the U.S. in that regard by mid-decade.
- How China Tries To Defy Law Of Gravity In One Chart
July 23 2013 11:13 AM
Premier Li Keqiang’s government sees 7 percent growth as the bottom line for tolerance of an economic slowdown.
- India Considers Preconditions For Investment Treaty With US
July 23 2013 2:55 AM
India, where Vice President Biden is on a visit, could insist that its judiciary have the final say in disputes involving American businesses.
- US VP Biden In India Eyeing Possible Trade, Nuclear Power Deals
July 22 2013 6:39 AM
Biden’s visit will focus on bilateral trade and a civil nuclear power deal, as well as intellectual property rights and regional security.
- BoJ's Sato Cautiously Bullish On Japanese Recovery
July 22 2013 4:23 AM
Bank of Japan's Takehiro Sato says while Japan's future is bright, global economic conditions could pose a threat to its recovery.
- US-India Poultry Dispute At WTO
July 22 2013 2:18 AM
U.S. wants India to lift a ban on poultry imports saying the latter’s concerns over avian flu are unfounded.