- Does It Come In Gold? China's Obsession With Gilded Goods
October 14 2013 10:59 AM
China's luxury consumers are clamoring for gold, or at least gold-colored, goods of all kinds.
- China’s Annualized CPI Rises In Sept. Vs. Aug.
October 13 2013 10:32 PM
The country’s consumer price index came in a bit higher than a consensus estimate of 2.9 percent.
- BRICS May Decide On $100B Reserve Fund By Early Next Year
October 12 2013 11:01 PM
BRICS nations made little progress toward setting up a $100 billion currency-reserve pool, as disagreements cropped up over its details.
- China’s Trade Surplus In September Narrows To $15.2 Billion
October 11 2013 11:36 PM
The country’s exports fell a surprising 0.3 percent in September on a year-on-year basis.
- Cambodian Farmers In Trouble Again
October 11 2013 11:13 AM
After devastating floods in 2011, farmers in Cambodia are facing another bad season and with that, rising debts.
- Richer Getting Richer - Soon There'll Be Trillionaires: Credit Suisse
October 11 2013 6:33 AM
The world will have 11 trillionaires within two generations, according to Credit Suisse research.
- Only 5% Of Pakistanis Own Two-Thirds Of Country’s Farmland
October 11 2013 6:27 AM
More than 77 million people in Pakistan do not have enough food, due to the government’s archaic and unjust agricultural policies.
- China's Hot Real Estate Market Drives Up Burial Plot Prices
October 10 2013 5:21 PM
China's real estate market is overheated. And if you're looking for space, not even being dead will help you.
- Japan Consumer Confidence Posts First Gain In 4 Months
October 10 2013 3:03 AM
The household consumer confidence index for September beat expectations.
- HSBC Index Underlines Slow Down In Emerging Economies
October 09 2013 10:50 AM
Emerging markets are stagnating, as businesses neither expand nor contract, according to the latest reading of the index.
- India's Trade Deficit Narrows To 18-Month Low
October 09 2013 4:54 AM
The reduction in the trade deficit after imports fell to a four-year low provided some respite to the domestic currency.
- Chinese Economy: A Fragile Rebound?
October 08 2013 5:42 AM
Economists expect the recovery to last until the end of the year, with growth likely to slow in 2014.
- Indonesia Holds Interest Rate Steady
October 08 2013 4:45 AM
The move may indicate an end of monetary tightening as inflation is expected to have peaked but rupiah will remain the deciding factor.
- Chinese Services Sector Growth Slows
October 07 2013 10:29 PM
China's economy is looking at a modest recovery, but structural reforms are needed to sustain growth, according to HSBC.
- World Bank Cuts Growth Outlook For China, Asian Nations
October 07 2013 2:45 AM
The bank cited slow growth in China, falling investments, and risks and uncertainties associated with U.S. monetary policy for its decision.
- Wiring Money Home A Lifeline For The Developing World
October 04 2013 11:52 AM
In the next three years, remittances to developing countries will rise by $140 billion as global migration soars.
- Pacific Free Trade Pact In Focus At Bali Meet Amid Deep Discord
October 04 2013 2:47 AM
A dozen nations, including the U.S., will try to iron out issues such as currency manipulation and protectionist measures at the APEC summit.
- ADB Slashes Asian Growth Forecast
October 03 2013 2:32 AM
A protracted slowdown in India and China, and QE nervousness are projected to slow developing Asia’s growth rate to 6 percent in 2013.
- Chinese Non-Manufacturing Sector Grows In September
October 02 2013 9:52 PM
The latest data showed service sector growth remained stronger compared to the manufacturing sector.
- A New Wave Of Chinese Immigrants, Courtesy Of Proposed Inheritance Tax
October 01 2013 11:14 AM
Not many is on board with the new tax, and if the government doesn't at least revise it, more Chinese could be moving abroad to evade the tax.