- In China, A Day To Shop (Online) 'Til You Drop
November 11 2013 2:22 PM
Nov. 11, known as Single's Day in China, sent singles and couples alike to retail websites for record-breaking sales this year.
- Philippine Typhoon Damage May Reach $14 Billion
November 11 2013 8:34 AM
President Aquino III has said that the government will use 23 billion pesos ($533 million) to help immediate salvage and rebuilding operations.
- India’s Trade Deficit Widens In October
November 11 2013 3:23 AM
Trade deficit rose in October after hitting an 18-month low in September that analysts had described as unsustainable.
- How Much Is A Worker Worth?
November 08 2013 2:28 PM
The economic value of the average worker in the U.S. is not the same as that of a worker in Switzerland.
- China’s Trade Surplus Jumps, Riding On Exports
November 07 2013 11:07 PM
Export growth in October was well above expectations, but the 10-month annual trade growth rate remained below the government’s target.
- Where Do Billionaires Live?
November 07 2013 3:17 PM
Cue Frank Sinatra's theme song - the one from the latter part of his career.
- Myanmar's Economy Roaring Ahead, Leaving Poor In Dust
November 07 2013 1:49 PM
The World Bank says Myanmar economy will grow 6.8 percent this year, but will things really get better for nation's poor?
- Malaysia Likely To Hike Interest In 2014
November 07 2013 1:45 PM
The central bank may wish to pre-emptively contain inflation in 2014 with fiscal tightening.
- No Economic Recovery In Sight For Indonesia
November 07 2013 1:43 PM
Indonesia reported just 5.6 percent growth in the third quarter.
- Japanese Investment In Myanmar Underway, Finally
November 05 2013 12:01 PM
A joint venture formed by Japanese companies will begin developing roads and other infrastructure for the Myanmar Thilawa SEZ.
- China Sets Goal Of 10 Million New Jobs Per Year
November 05 2013 10:27 AM
Premier Li Keqiang says his country must maintain a 7.2 percent annual growth rate to keep the job market stable.
- How The Economic Crisis Undermined European Faith In Government
November 05 2013 10:21 AM
The OECD said personal well-being deteriorated substantially, owing to the global economic crisis.
- How China's Online Shopping, New Openness On Sex Created A New Industry
November 05 2013 6:20 AM
Sex shops in China did not exist until the 1990s, and now a sex-toy revolution is sweeping the country on the Internet.
- Tiny Island Nation To Rebuild Banking System
November 04 2013 1:24 PM
Nauru residents may finally obtain access to savings accounts, debit cards and credit cards after burying their cash in the dirt.
- Scotland’s Push To Increase Seafood Exports To China Raises Environmental Concerns
November 04 2013 10:20 AM
Scotland is the third largest salmon producer in the world, an industry worth about £500 million per year.
- Fragile Markets Could Trigger Global Recession and Drag Down US Economy
November 02 2013 4:23 PM
Economist David Levy warned in a recent newsletter that China, Japan and Europe pose a potential risk to a slowly recovering US economy.
- 8 Things You Need To Know About China's Upcoming Party Congress
November 01 2013 3:28 PM
China’s ruling Communist Party will hold the Third Plenary Session of the 18th Central Committee Nov. 9-12 in Beijing.
- Could The TPP Force China To Reform?
November 01 2013 11:39 AM
The 12-member strong trade alliance, if completed, could represent a major challenge to China.
- Where Should You Do Business In Southeast Asia?
October 30 2013 5:10 PM
The latest World Bank report ranks Myanmar and Cambodia as the worst countries in Southeast Asia for business.
- Kidneys And Livers For Sale: The Dark Side Of Microcredit Loans In Bangladesh
October 30 2013 11:48 AM
The practice of selling organs is nothing new to millions of people across South Asia.