- India Considers Preconditions For Investment Treaty With US
July 23 2013 2:55 AM
India, where Vice President Biden is on a visit, could insist that its judiciary have the final say in disputes involving American businesses.
- US VP Biden In India Eyeing Possible Trade, Nuclear Power Deals
July 22 2013 6:39 AM
Biden’s visit will focus on bilateral trade and a civil nuclear power deal, as well as intellectual property rights and regional security.
- BoJ's Sato Cautiously Bullish On Japanese Recovery
July 22 2013 4:23 AM
Bank of Japan's Takehiro Sato says while Japan's future is bright, global economic conditions could pose a threat to its recovery.
- US-India Poultry Dispute At WTO
July 22 2013 2:18 AM
U.S. wants India to lift a ban on poultry imports saying the latter’s concerns over avian flu are unfounded.
- India PM: Slowdown Will Continue; Deutsche Lowers Estimate
July 19 2013 7:24 AM
India cannot meet its GDP growth target of 6.5 percent, Manmohan Singh said, even as Deutsche Bank joined other banks in slashing outlook.
- Myanmar Once Again On EU's Preferred List
July 18 2013 4:10 PM
Myanmar is granted trade preferences by the European Union, recognizing the country's efforts to improve labor conditions.
- Myanmar Must Prepare For Aging Population: OECD
July 18 2013 11:10 AM
According to an OECD report, the proportion of Myanmar's workers could begin declining by 2017.
- Macquarie Slashes India’s GDP Forecast
July 18 2013 8:46 AM
Rupee and reform worries prompt forecast change while foreign brokerages shy away from Indian banks.
- Japan's Freaky Fukushima Produce And A Widening Trade Deficit
July 17 2013 5:33 AM
As problems continue to plague the Fukushima nuclear plant, the impact of its restart on Japan's trade deficit would likely be very small.
- India Relaxes Restrictions On Foreign Investment In Several Sectors
July 17 2013 3:27 AM
In a new gesture aimed at boosting India's sagging economy and image, its government approved greater participation by foreign investors.
- BoJ Members Differ On Volatility-Curbing Measures: Minutes
July 17 2013 1:30 AM
BoJ officials disagree on policies to curb volatility and excessive easing, but stay confident about the country's economic future.
- China's Economy Slows, But Job Growth Remains Stable
July 16 2013 10:06 AM
Chinese officials are concerned that a slowdown could put China at risk of rising unemployment and social unrest.
- Indonesian Economy On Track Despite Sagging Exports
July 16 2013 5:26 AM
Indonesia is on track to grow its economy by 5.9 to 6.1% this year despite low exports numbers, thanks to robust domestic demand.
- India's Central Bank Comes To The Rupee's Aid
July 16 2013 3:46 AM
The Indian rupee gained against the dollar after India's central bank raised key interest rates and announced bond sales to mop up liquidity.
- Myanmar Has Most Money From China, Thailand And Hong Kong
July 15 2013 10:28 AM
China has invested $14.19 billion in Myanmar, surpassing Thailand's $9.98 billion and Hong Kong's $6.39 billion.
- Surprise! You Can Do Tokyo On The Cheap
July 15 2013 10:13 AM
Tokyo, long known as a super-expensive metropolis, has become accessible thanks in large part to the policies of new Prime Minister Shinzō Abe.
- China's Growth Rate Slips, Yet No One's Surprised
July 15 2013 1:23 AM
China's GDP fell in Q2 to a sub-8 percent figure for the fifth straight quarter, testing its leaders’ long-term growth plans for the country.
- China’s Growth In GDP Dips To 7.5% In 2Q From 7.7% In 1Q
July 14 2013 11:48 PM
Growth of China’s gross domestic product dipped to 7.5 percent in the second quarter from 7.7 percent in the first quarter this year.
- India Pushes For Investment-Treaty Talks With US
July 13 2013 6:44 PM
India wants to kick-start talks on a bilateral investment treaty, but the U.S. is concerned about India’s policies.
- Myanmar Attracted $423 Million In Investments In June Alone
July 11 2013 10:24 AM
Foreign investment in Myanmar is rising at an astonishing rate, and investors are planning to stay for the long-term.