- Top Corporate Executives Face Death Penalty In Vietnam Corruption Case
November 13 2013 2:21 AM
The Vietnamese government is using the threat of a possible death sentence to reduce the high rate of corruption in the nation.
- Was Haiyan Worse Than The Indian Ocean Tsunami?
November 12 2013 6:15 PM
Not in lives lost, but the economic impact of the super typhoon may top $14 billion, surpassing the damages from the 2004 disaster.
- Indonesia Surprises With Interest Rate Hike
November 12 2013 3:05 PM
Bank Indonesia unexpectedly increased interest rates on Tuesday in a bid to rein in soaring current account deficit.
- EBRD Region Is Growing Slower Than Expected
November 12 2013 2:30 PM
A report from the EBRD says that eastern Europe's economy is rebounding but may suffer if Russia continues its downward spiral.
- Global GDP Growth In '14: Inching Up
November 12 2013 2:02 PM
The report from the Conference Board also forecasts slow economic growth for the U.S. next year.
- Swift Recovery For Philippines Economy Seen Following Haiyan
November 12 2013 11:34 AM
Typhoon Haiyan was devastating for the people affected by it, but the country's economy will not suffer for too long, analysts said.
- Singapore Finds Cheaper Maids From Cambodia And Myanmar
November 12 2013 6:25 AM
Domestic help from the Philippines is getting too expensive, so Singapore looks elsewhere in Southeast Asia.
- Meet Eduardo Saverin, The Brazilian Visionary Who Helped Build Facebook
November 12 2013 6:22 AM
How the Brazilian went from Harvard student to billionaire -- via Facebook.
- Japan's Swelling Trade Deficit: Blame The iPhones
November 11 2013 2:33 PM
Japan’s swelling trade deficit is more than an energy problem. The nation has also lost its surplus in electrical equipment because of mobile phone imports.
- In China, A Day To Shop (Online) 'Til You Drop
November 11 2013 2:22 PM
Nov. 11, known as Single's Day in China, sent singles and couples alike to retail websites for record-breaking sales this year.
- Philippine Typhoon Damage May Reach $14 Billion
November 11 2013 8:34 AM
President Aquino III has said that the government will use 23 billion pesos ($533 million) to help immediate salvage and rebuilding operations.
- India’s Trade Deficit Widens In October
November 11 2013 3:23 AM
Trade deficit rose in October after hitting an 18-month low in September that analysts had described as unsustainable.
- How Much Is A Worker Worth?
November 08 2013 2:28 PM
The economic value of the average worker in the U.S. is not the same as that of a worker in Switzerland.
- China’s Trade Surplus Jumps, Riding On Exports
November 07 2013 11:07 PM
Export growth in October was well above expectations, but the 10-month annual trade growth rate remained below the government’s target.
- Where Do Billionaires Live?
November 07 2013 3:17 PM
Cue Frank Sinatra's theme song - the one from the latter part of his career.
- Myanmar's Economy Roaring Ahead, Leaving Poor In Dust
November 07 2013 1:49 PM
The World Bank says Myanmar economy will grow 6.8 percent this year, but will things really get better for nation's poor?
- Malaysia Likely To Hike Interest In 2014
November 07 2013 1:45 PM
The central bank may wish to pre-emptively contain inflation in 2014 with fiscal tightening.
- No Economic Recovery In Sight For Indonesia
November 07 2013 1:43 PM
Indonesia reported just 5.6 percent growth in the third quarter.
- Japanese Investment In Myanmar Underway, Finally
November 05 2013 12:01 PM
A joint venture formed by Japanese companies will begin developing roads and other infrastructure for the Myanmar Thilawa SEZ.
- China Sets Goal Of 10 Million New Jobs Per Year
November 05 2013 10:27 AM
Premier Li Keqiang says his country must maintain a 7.2 percent annual growth rate to keep the job market stable.