Asia Pacific Economy
- India's Central Bank Cuts Key Lending Rates In Annual Policy Review
May 03 2013 4:31 AM
The Reserve Bank of India on Friday cut its repo rate by 25 basis points to 7.25 percent and kept the CRR unchanged.
- No More Public Funds For Designer Bags In China
May 01 2013 1:21 PM
China has announced a plan to discourage overspending - something that may hurt luxury goods sales.
- GM Hopes Potentially Offensive Ad Doesn't Drive Away China
May 01 2013 1:03 PM
Could a controversial advertisement for a Chevrolet vehicle put General Motors' Chinese expansion plans in jeopardy?
- China's Manufacturing Hit By Falling Exports In April
May 01 2013 7:15 AM
China's manufacturers found less demand for their products last month so factories were less busy. Not a good sign.
- Beijing's Nearly Uninhabitable, But Because Of Prices, Not Smog
April 30 2013 5:59 AM
The average cost of rent in Beijing is now so high that many are on the verge of not being able to afford to live there.
- China's Top Salaries Still Too High For Critics
April 29 2013 12:28 PM
China's top-ranking businesspeople and officials are paid a fraction of their American counterparts, but that doesn't mean they're poor.
- IMF Says Asia Boosting Global Economy, But...
April 29 2013 7:27 AM
The International Monetary Fund warned that Asian policymakers should monitor growing financial imbalances fueled by cheap credit.
- Some Chinese License Plates Now Pricier Than Cars
April 26 2013 4:41 PM
When Chinese authorities introduced a lottery for car tags, they did not foresee what it would do to the nation's auto industry.
- Tycoon Hires New Workers, Hong Kong Port Resumes Functioning
April 25 2013 2:55 PM
Strikers vow to continue even though they have been forced to make certain concessions.
- Smoke More, So We Can Raise Revenue Through Higher Cigarette Tax: Indian Chief Minister
April 25 2013 10:52 AM
More than 120 million people in the country smoke, while almost one million die annually from tobacco-related causes.
- Yuan Rising? Australia Buys Chinese Bonds
April 24 2013 8:54 AM
Australia will hold 5 percent of its foreign reserves in yuan, becoming the third country to establish direct currency trade with China.
- China's Premier Unintentionally Endorses Chinese Pickles
April 23 2013 1:58 PM
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang was photographed eating pickles; the following day, the pickle-maker's stock sky-rocketed.