Asia Pacific Economy
- Japan, US In Deal That May Increase Pacific Trade
April 12 2013 10:50 AM
However, the bilateral agreement faces opposition from labor and lobby groups and awaits approval from 10 other Pacific member states.
- Karachi: A Flourishing Stock Market In A Blood-Soaked Pakistani City Spiraling Out Of Control
April 10 2013 1:14 PM
Karachi Stock Exchange racked up a 49 percent return in 2012, making it one of the best performing bourses in the world that year.
- China's Trade With US Surges
April 10 2013 12:48 AM
Trade with the U.S. in the first quarter rose by 10.8% from a year earlier, to $118.2 billion.
- China's Consumer Inflation Down-Shifts
April 09 2013 12:40 AM
China's annual consumer inflation eased markedly to 2.1 percent in March from February's 3.2 percent while producer price deflation deepened.
- Lagarde Backs Bank Of Japan Easing, Stands By Euro
April 07 2013 3:02 PM
IMF chief Christine Lagarde on Sunday welcomed the Bank of Japan’s aggressive easing program as a helpful step to support global growth.
- Rich Nations Got Poorer Last Quarter: OECD
April 04 2013 7:29 AM
Shrinking inventories in rich countries caused their economies to contract in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Nikkei Soars High As Bank Of Japan Announces Aggressive Monetary Easing Measures
April 04 2013 5:13 AM
The Bank of Japan Thursday announced a strong monetary easing campaign that sent the Japan markets soaring high.
- Chinese Manufacturing Rebounds
March 31 2013 11:13 PM
Two manufacturing PMI surveys released Monday showed steady momentum in the Chinese economy.
- Japan's Data Signal Slow Recovery
March 29 2013 5:52 AM
Japan's industrial output surprisingly slid 0.1 percent in February, against an analysts' estimate of a slight increase.
- India's Q3 Current Account Deficit At Record 6.7% Of GDP
March 29 2013 4:19 AM
India’s current account deficit hit an all-time high of 6.7 percent of the GDP for the quarter ended December 2012.
- China's Economy Showing More Signs Of Rebound
March 27 2013 11:42 PM
China's industrial profits saw a fifth consecutive month of double-digit growth after eight months of steep falls last year.
- India's Women On The Fast Track
March 26 2013 11:18 AM
Not only do more Indian women want to return to their careers after a brief absence, but more are successful in finding such jobs.