- US-Japan Trade Deal Still Out Of Reach Before Obama-Abe Summit
April 18 2014 2:45 PM
A week before Obama's visit to Tokyo, differences remain on key issues.
- Slowdown In Global Shipping -- Sign Of Deflation?
April 17 2014 6:43 PM
While the Baltic Dry Shipping Index has long been considered a predictor of the global economy, the drop isn't as foreboding as it seems.
- US Treasury Criticizes Yuan's 'Unprecedented' Movement
April 16 2014 7:37 AM
China's GDP growth slowed to its slowest pace in 18 months; as a result, officials are looking for ways to maintain the 7.5% target growth rate.
- China's Growth Slows To 7.4% In 1st Quarter
April 15 2014 10:26 PM
The January-March GDP figure, while showing a decline, still beat forecasts.
- As China Keeps Venezuela Afloat, Maduro Wants To Be Friends
April 15 2014 4:44 PM
Venezuela and China have quietly built a strong economic relationship, but President Nicolás Maduro wants more: a political alliance.
- These Deals Are Adding Risk To China's Real Estate Market
April 13 2014 10:42 AM
Major Chinese property developers have in recent months been buying increasingly large stakes in regional banks - a problematic asset addition.
- Vietnam's Privatization Plan Revs Up
April 09 2014 6:04 AM
The government has pledged to take 432 of its state-owned enterprises public; here are four of the biggest IPOs to come.
- World Bank's China Growth Forecast: It Could Be Worse
April 07 2014 7:03 AM
The report expressed concerns about China's policy agenda being too ambitious and encouraged reforms as the path to sustained growth.
- Australia Gradually Shakes Off China Link
April 04 2014 7:14 AM
Economists say Australia will not experience a hard landing from the fading of a mining boom.
- Emerging Markets Still Growing Despite This Country's Slowdown
April 04 2014 7:12 AM
The IMF's World Economic Outlook for 2014 warns that emerging market growth will be slow in the future.
- Australia Cuts Funds To Fight Sweatshops
April 02 2014 2:40 PM
The center-right Abbot administration is cutting a program that has boosted ethical sourcing in the country’s garment industry.
- China Slowdown Continues As HSBC PMI Hits 48.0
March 31 2014 10:15 PM
China's manufacturing engine contracted in the first quarter of 2014, a private survey showed Tuesday, adding to market expectations of government stimulus to arrest a loss of momentum in the world's second-largest economy this year.
- Timber! Logging Ban Sounds Good, But May Not Work
March 31 2014 2:37 PM
Although it's a start, Myanmar's new export ban alone won't be enough to stop unaccountable forest resource cutting, hoarding and exporting.
- Why An Indonesia Fuel Subsidy Reduction Is Possible
March 28 2014 11:47 AM
Despite prior predictions, recent political developments have made a reduction likely.
- China's Latest Shortage: Not Enough Visas For Wealthy
March 28 2014 11:04 AM
Last year, 80 percent of the United States' EB-5 permits were issued to Chinese nationals.
- Bangladesh Airline Gets Boeings, But Profitability Is Elusive
March 28 2014 6:54 AM
Biman is reputedly plagued with many problems, including poor customer service, delayed flights and schedule disruptions.
- China's Reasons For Adopting US-Style Law
March 28 2014 5:07 AM
In Asia, only Japan has signed intergovernmental deals to be FATCA-compliant while banks say compliance would be a costly exercise.
- Putin's Crimea Grab Seen Backfiring
March 27 2014 11:31 PM
Russia's economy could fall into recession for the first time since the 2008 global financial crisis.
- China's Tricky Balancing Act
March 25 2014 12:47 PM
Some analysts believe recent data weakness warrants a policy response. But a short-term boost would come at a cost. Here's why.
- Emerging Market Stocks - Next Asset Class For The Hot Money?
March 25 2014 9:43 AM
Emerging market stocks represent startling good value for those willing to brave geopolitical risk, according to a New York investment bank.