- Is Q4 The Last Of Indonesia's Slowdown?
February 03 2014 3:01 PM
The Southeast Asian country will post its fourth quarter economic figures on Tuesday.
- McDonald’s vs. Elderly Koreans In Queens, New York: Culture Clash Or Lesson in Customer Etiquette?
February 03 2014 1:11 PM
Many elderly Koreans in New York City are poor and isolated from the rest of society.
- The Philippines, Rising From The Ashes
January 30 2014 3:03 PM
Despite suffering the devastating Typhoon Haiyan, the Philippines economy remained robust in the last quarter of 2013.
- Here's What Wealthy Chinese Will Be Buying This Year
January 30 2014 6:30 AM
Understated and logo-less are among the keywords for Chinese luxury consumption this year.
- Typhoon-Ravaged Philippine Economy Beats Expectations
January 30 2014 1:42 AM
The Philippines’ annual growth rate places it among Asia's best-performing economies, and second only to China.
- The Rise Of The Chinese Tourist
January 28 2014 12:10 PM
More people visited Hong Kong in 2012 than any other city in the world.
- India’s Central Bank Raises Key Rate
January 28 2014 1:16 AM
The Reserve Bank of India is working to devise a policy that can revive growth while controlling near double-digit inflation.
- Here’s How Much Digital Trade Affects Economies
January 27 2014 12:10 PM
Countries with significant constraints on Internet use are losing out on average 2.5 percent of their annual GDP.
- Does Money Make You Rude?
January 23 2014 6:24 AM
A psychology researcher conducted a variety of studies that may surprise you.
- These Are The Unhappiest, Happiest Workers In Asia
January 22 2014 2:12 PM
Almost two-thirds (64 percent) of Singaporean workers plan to quit their jobs over the next 12 months.
- Do We Still Need Banks?
January 22 2014 9:48 AM
At Davos, researchers from Swiss banking giant UBS released a provocative white paper on global banking, trade and technology.
- Is Pakistan's Energy Solution The Sun?
January 21 2014 2:16 PM
Pakistan is far behind India and Bangladesh in solar power development.
- What The UN Is Forecasting For 2014, 2015 Global GDP Growth
January 20 2014 3:38 PM
As the U.S. Federal Reserve unwinds its $85 billion monthly bond purchases, emerging nations may have the most to lose.
- This Is How Rich The Top 85 People Are Compared To The World
January 20 2014 1:01 PM
What's more, the global wealth disparity is probably greater than you think.
- Thailand Protests, Myanmar Suffers
January 16 2014 11:13 AM
Thai political strife is reaching beyond its own borders as Thailand-Myanmar joint projects are shelved.
- World Bank Economists: Global Economy Is Strengthening
January 15 2014 12:42 AM
The World Bank released its 2014 Global Economics Prospects report on Tuesday. Here are the highlights.
- How Low Will China's Economic Growth Be?
January 14 2014 6:25 AM
Here are economists' estimates for China's Q4 GDP, Dec. factory production, FX reserves, bank lending, FAI and retail sales.
- Why Indonesia's Economic Sky Should Clear In 2014
January 14 2014 6:20 AM
Last year was rough for Indonesia, with fuel-price hikes and rising inflation, but things are expected to change this year.
- South Korea Prefers China Over The TPP
January 13 2014 10:45 AM
South Korea says it will push for a South Korea-China free trade agreement over joining the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) this year.
- 10 Things To Expect From China In 2014
January 13 2014 3:18 AM
An executive at consulting firm McKinsey & Company has drawn up a list of 10 things that could dominate the Year of the Wooden Horse.