- Japan Trade Deficit Narrows, But Still Worse Than Forecast
March 18 2014 9:02 PM
An import rush before a sales tax hike takes effect is one factor blamed for the persistent deficit.
- Nikon, Apple, McDonald's Escape Unscathed From China Consumer Rights Report Ordeal
March 18 2014 4:58 PM
Yearly Chinese TV reports targeting international companies are often a headache, but this year the big Western brands got off lightly.
- The Collapse Of A Chinese Property Developer
March 18 2014 1:10 PM
The risk is particularly high in third- and fourth-tier cities. When the U.S. property bubble burst, prices didn't collapse in New York but instead in places like Orlando and Las Vegas, one economist explained.
- Why Are Hong Kong's Millionaires Leaving?
March 18 2014 12:54 PM
Many of Hong Kong's older and richer millionaires, in particular, are keen to leave.
- Here's How Silver May Fare Under China's War On Pollution
March 13 2014 11:19 AM
The outlook for silver prices in relation to China’s giant solar panel industry is slightly bullish, but there are several unknowns.
- China Retail Sales, Production Data Disappoint
March 13 2014 2:59 AM
Earlier, Premier Li Keqiang had expressed confidence about the Chinese economy in his address to the National People’s Congress.
- Here's Why This Thai Political Strife Is Particularly Bad
March 12 2014 6:21 AM
In a weak and still recovering global economy, Thailand can't count on external factors to rescue its economy.
- The Little-Known Relationship Between China's Shadow Banking Sector And Copper
March 11 2014 10:40 AM
Up to half of China’s warehoused copper may be used in informal financing deals as collateral.
- Myanmar Wants Deadbeat Companies To Pay Up
March 11 2014 5:43 AM
Tax evasion is a major problem for the cash-strapped Burmese government.
- Bank Of Japan Holds Course
March 11 2014 12:16 AM
The BoJ cited developments in emerging markets and the pace of recovery in the U.S. and EU economies as potential risks to its outlook.
- Here's Why Japanese Companies Are Leaving China And Thailand
March 10 2014 12:49 PM
With China's rising wages and Thailand's political instability, Japanese companies are shifting production to Vietnam.
- Indian-Americans' Rise In US Business [INFOGRAPHIC]
March 10 2014 11:52 AM
Indian-Americans have reached an influential position in American medicine, academia, corporations and especially the high-tech sector.
- Why You're Likely To Pay More For Milk
March 10 2014 9:50 AM
A tell-tale stat: Total dairy product sales to China surged 70 percent last year.
- Why 5 ASEAN Countries Combined Are Attracting More Investment Than China
March 05 2014 10:49 AM
China has officially been dethroned as the global investment hot spot.
- Reading The Tea Leaves On China’s Economy
March 05 2014 5:34 AM
Here's what you need to know about the state of the Chinese economy and the annual National People's Congress.
- This Is How Much Food The World Wastes
March 04 2014 10:45 AM
What's more, the number of daily calories lost per person varies from 400 calories a day to 1500 calories a day in the developed world.
- China Factory PMI Confirms Slowdown
March 02 2014 11:17 PM
Hurt by a fall in output and new business, companies cut their staffing levels at the fastest pace in nearly five years.
- No, There Isn't An Infinite Sea Of Migrant Workers To Support China's Urbanization
February 27 2014 5:50 AM
China bulls, take note: The pace of urbanization is set to slow and its contribution to economic growth is set to decline.
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Talks In The Doldrums
February 26 2014 6:06 AM
Japan doesn’t want to lift trade barriers. U.S. liberals want Obama to stick to his past pledges on fast-track authority.
- How Migrant Workers Are Shaping The Economies Of Home Countries
February 26 2014 6:01 AM
More than 230 million people were living outside the countries of their birth in 2013. Many of them sent money home.