- Indian States Vie For Chinese Investments
December 05 2013 4:40 AM
Chinese firms are keen on investing in agro-processing, tourism and manufacturing, while India wants to ease the trade imbalance with China.
- Asian-Americans Doing More Than Their Part For The Economy
December 04 2013 2:20 PM
They outspend the average American household by a significant margin, and they comprise the biggest group of online shoppers.
- British Pig Semen Worth Millions?
December 04 2013 10:26 AM
David Cameron has pushed through a deal to export pig semen to China.
- Japan: Slower Growth Expected, BOJ On Hold
December 04 2013 6:09 AM
Bank of Japan is unlikely to launch fresh stimulus any time soon.
- China November Economic Data Preview - Signs Of Resilience?
December 04 2013 6:01 AM
A 7 percent GDP target has become a more likely choice in the policy circle.
- Japan's Economy To Get $181B Stimulus
December 04 2013 1:57 AM
The stimulus package does not require the government to take on fresh debt and will be funded by tax revenues.
- Australia 3Q GDP Expands At 0.6%, Misses Forecasts
December 03 2013 10:26 PM
Australian economic growth in the third quarter of 2013 fell short of expectations.
- China Service Sector Holds Steady, PMI Shows
December 03 2013 9:17 PM
Both HSBC and official surveys show growth remains in positive territory.
- How Corrupt Is Your Government?
December 03 2013 1:27 PM
Guess which region had several of the least-corrupt countries in the world? The answer may surprise you.
- Trade Chinese Stocks & Copper, In Opposite Directions: Goldman Sachs
December 02 2013 11:01 AM
The bank said this top trade for 2014 best framed risks and rewards related to Chinese economic growth and commodity market risks.
- China's Final Manufacturing PMI Reading Tops Expectations
December 01 2013 11:29 PM
The uptick in local demand reflects China's policy changes this year to steer the economy toward a domestic-consumption model.
- Mongolia Looks To Stock Trading As Trade With China Sinks
November 29 2013 3:02 PM
As Mongolia's economy slows down, the government is turning to investment in its stock exchange as a means of diversification.
- Six Things To Watch In China's Reform Agenda
November 29 2013 11:58 AM
Could the party's ambitious plan turn out to be all talk and no action?
- India's Q2 GDP Beats Forecast To Grow By 4.8%
November 29 2013 8:04 AM
Asia's third-largest economy, which recently ground to its slowest pace in a decade, beat expectations in the September quarter.
- Japan's Manufacturing Sector Surges But Inflation Fails To Keep Up
November 28 2013 8:00 PM
If export orders keep up the momentum, it may offset an expected weakening of domestic demand when Japan hikes sales tax in April 2014.
- Asia Economic Outlook 2014: Leaders And Laggards
November 28 2013 10:23 AM
The speed at which credit is outpacing nominal GDP growth in Asia is worrying economists.
- Carbon Trading Kicks Off In Beijing
November 28 2013 6:12 AM
During Thursday’s trading, emissions allowance fetched 50 yuan ($8.2) a permit, which represents one ton of carbon dioxide.
- Chinese Industrial Profits Jump 13.7% In October
November 28 2013 5:03 AM
Aided by strong sales and improved operating margins, Chinese industry put in yet another stellar performance.
- Who Stands To Lose From China-Japan Territorial Dispute?
November 27 2013 11:08 AM
The recent escalation of the conflict over the Diaoyu/Senkaku islands could lead to renewed disruption of bilateral trade and investment between China and Japan.
- WTO Dec. Summit Preview: Bali Or Bust
November 27 2013 7:16 AM
Here's a preview of the WTO’s last-ditch effort to pass watered-down but "deliverable" elements of the Doha Round of trade talks.