Asia Pacific Economy
- Japan Parliament Approves Haruhiko Kuroda As BOJ Governor
March 15 2013 5:15 AM
Japan’s parliament approved the nomination of former Asian Development Bank president Haruhiko Kuroda as the next BOJ governor on Friday.
- Global Companies Hiring, But Europe Still Weak
March 12 2013 10:33 AM
Hiring confidence is dragging in Europe, but in Asia, Latin America -- and especially the U.S. -- employers are clawing back robustly.
- India Factory Output Rises 2.4 Percent In January
March 12 2013 8:11 AM
India's industrial output increased by 2.4 percent in January after contracting by 0.6 percent in December, official data showed.
- China: Hooked On Credit
March 12 2013 5:47 AM
Although this model is unsustainable, China’s over-reliance on investment is showing no signs of waning.
- Less Mao, More Markets
March 11 2013 1:48 PM
China's leaders announced that its cabinet will be have four fewer departments, a sign of less government intervention in business.
- US Retail Sales Among Key Economic Events Next Week
March 08 2013 11:38 PM
In the wake of a surprising U.S. employment report, investors will be keeping an eye out for more proof of economic strength.
- China Says Two Can Play At Currency War Game
March 08 2013 3:30 PM
What is China's next currency move now that the yen has weakened so much against the dollar?
- Japan Posts Third Straight Current Account Deficit
March 08 2013 3:58 AM
Japan’s economy appeared to have stabilized on the back of flat growth in the fourth quarter after contracting in the previous two quarters of 2012.
- Evaluating China's February Economic Tea Leaves
March 07 2013 5:56 AM
Is February economic data softness a result of the Lunar New Year seasonal distortion or fundamental weakness in China's economy?
- Does Asia Or North America Have The Most Billionaires?
March 05 2013 5:58 AM
China's version of the the 2013 Forbes Billionaires list suggests that hundreds of Chinese billionaires are not being accounted for.
- China’s National People’s Congress - Capitalism, Beijing Style
March 04 2013 5:15 PM
The 12th National People’s Congress meeting, China’s top legislative body, will convene Tuesday and close on March 17.
- BOJ Head Vows Fight Against Deflation
March 04 2013 7:55 AM
Haruhiko Kuroda, Tokyo's nominee to be Bank of Japan's head honcho, vows to fight against deflation.