- Kudos To Myanmar: It's No Longer The Riskiest Country For Businesses
January 08 2014 2:56 PM
The Southeast Asian nation, while still one of the riskiest countries for companies, has made considerable progress.
- Will Russia's Economy Hit Olympic Heights In 2014?
January 08 2014 10:27 AM
Last year, Russia's economy barely grew. What's in store for 2014?
- The Outlook For China's Property Market
January 08 2014 5:57 AM
A major bank has pertinent thoughts on this key real estate market.
- In Pakistan, It's 'Three Cheers For Bollywood'
January 07 2014 11:51 AM
The release of "Dhoom 3" (or any such product from India) in Pakistan raises a raft of thorny and confusing legal questions.
- Where W. Europe's Seniors Are Looking To Access Affordable Health Care
January 06 2014 12:33 PM
The number of people who reach their 80th birthday will quadruple to almost 400 million by the year 2050,
- The Year Of Horse For Vietnam
January 03 2014 7:45 AM
Economists say the main bright spots in 2014 for Vietnam will continue to be export-oriented firms.
- Singapore's City Of The Future And The Ghost Of Tom Joad
January 02 2014 1:09 PM
Singapore is one of the wealthiest countries on earth, its stunning economic growth made possible by a global phenomenon -- legions of officially sanctioned, often exploited migrant workers.
- Why China's Local Governments Will Never Default
January 02 2014 11:38 AM
Beijing is too concerned about growth to allow local governments to default. The best way to get rid of maturing debt? Roll it over.
- China Manufacturing PMI Falls
January 01 2014 10:03 PM
Growth in Chinese manufacturing activity slowed in December, according to two separate surveys.
- How China's Ballooning Local Gov't Debt Endangers Its Economy
December 30 2013 11:12 AM
China's total government debt amounted to approximately 53 percent of GDP. By comparison, the U.S. has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 73 percent.
- How Quickly Is China's Economy Gaining On The US?
December 27 2013 10:39 AM
While the U.S. eventually will lose its position as the world’s largest economy, this day is now expected to come later than previously forecast.
- China's Smog Too Thick For Santa To Fly In
December 26 2013 8:45 AM
While China's GDP growth slowed again in 2013, it's still growing too fast, and the cost is environmental degradation.
- Income Inequality Worsening, And Not Just In US
December 24 2013 8:56 AM
With the surge in GDP in China, India, Brazil and Russia, disparity of wealth has taken on a decidedly global tone.
- The World According To Goldman Sachs: Map
December 24 2013 8:25 AM
What are Goldman Sachs' favorite investment and economic themes for 2013?
- Japan: 7 Themes To Watch In 2014
December 24 2013 6:52 AM
Here’s a rundown of what economists think are the major local events/themes that will shape Japan’s economy and markets in 2014.
- Bank Of Japan Holds Course On Monetary Policy
December 19 2013 11:03 PM
The BoJ said that Japan's and the world's economies are recovering moderately, but a lackluster recovery is seen in the latter.
- Myanmar Is Doing Significantly More Business ... In Opium
December 19 2013 6:24 AM
Growing poppy is the only viable option for many farmers in Myanmar.
- Japanese Industry Activity Contracts In October
December 19 2013 12:42 AM
Industry activity in Japan, measured by the Indices of All Industry Activity, entered negative territory in October.
- Under Bernanke, US Averted Catastrophe, And Inflation Remains Under Control
December 18 2013 4:40 PM
Chairman Bernanke defended his eight-year track record at the Fed in his last press conference.
- Does China Need To Worry About Its Influence In Myanmar?
December 18 2013 7:17 AM
A Chinese newspaper says Western nations cannot afford to help out Myanmar. But the rival may be closer at hand.