- Japan Consumer Confidence Posts First Gain In 4 Months
October 10 2013 3:03 AM
The household consumer confidence index for September beat expectations.
- HSBC Index Underlines Slow Down In Emerging Economies
October 09 2013 10:50 AM
Emerging markets are stagnating, as businesses neither expand nor contract, according to the latest reading of the index.
- India's Trade Deficit Narrows To 18-Month Low
October 09 2013 4:54 AM
The reduction in the trade deficit after imports fell to a four-year low provided some respite to the domestic currency.
- Chinese Economy: A Fragile Rebound?
October 08 2013 5:42 AM
Economists expect the recovery to last until the end of the year, with growth likely to slow in 2014.
- Indonesia Holds Interest Rate Steady
October 08 2013 4:45 AM
The move may indicate an end of monetary tightening as inflation is expected to have peaked but rupiah will remain the deciding factor.
- Chinese Services Sector Growth Slows
October 07 2013 10:29 PM
China's economy is looking at a modest recovery, but structural reforms are needed to sustain growth, according to HSBC.
- World Bank Cuts Growth Outlook For China, Asian Nations
October 07 2013 2:45 AM
The bank cited slow growth in China, falling investments, and risks and uncertainties associated with U.S. monetary policy for its decision.
- Wiring Money Home A Lifeline For The Developing World
October 04 2013 11:52 AM
In the next three years, remittances to developing countries will rise by $140 billion as global migration soars.
- Pacific Free Trade Pact In Focus At Bali Meet Amid Deep Discord
October 04 2013 2:47 AM
A dozen nations, including the U.S., will try to iron out issues such as currency manipulation and protectionist measures at the APEC summit.
- ADB Slashes Asian Growth Forecast
October 03 2013 2:32 AM
A protracted slowdown in India and China, and QE nervousness are projected to slow developing Asia’s growth rate to 6 percent in 2013.
- Chinese Non-Manufacturing Sector Grows In September
October 02 2013 9:52 PM
The latest data showed service sector growth remained stronger compared to the manufacturing sector.
- A New Wave Of Chinese Immigrants, Courtesy Of Proposed Inheritance Tax
October 01 2013 11:14 AM
Not many is on board with the new tax, and if the government doesn't at least revise it, more Chinese could be moving abroad to evade the tax.
- After Hiking Sales Tax, Japan's Abe Takes Aim At Cutting Corporate Tax
October 01 2013 7:32 AM
The prime minister's moves are part of his overall drive to jump-start the nation's long-suffering economy.
- China Official PMI Edges Up to 51.1 In September; Misses Expectations
September 30 2013 11:20 PM
China's manufacturing sector expands modestly in September, indicating that measures to prop up domestic demand are yielding results, official PMI data showed.
- Why A Fed Stimulus Reduction Would Hurt Certain Emerging Economies
September 30 2013 3:24 PM
They've had five years to prepare for the end of quantitative easing. So what will happen to emerging economies when tapering begins?
- US Govt Shutdown Would Delay Sept. Jobs Report
September 30 2013 2:58 PM
A government shutdown would leave investors in the dark, at least temporarily, as the closely watched monthly U.S. jobs report would be delayed.
- China’s Manufacturing PMI Falls Short Of Flash Estimate
September 29 2013 10:45 PM
Output in China's manufacturing sector improved and foreign demand increased for the first time in six months, in September.
- Shanghai’s Free-Trade Zone Opens For Business
September 29 2013 10:59 AM
China’s new trade zone will be a test ground for financial, trade and investment reforms. But doubts remain.
- You Are Invited To Join The Gold Rush In Myanmar
September 27 2013 5:49 AM
Myanmar leaders and experts speak to the type of "responsible investment" that is needed in the world's next frontier.
- Chinese Industrial Profits Jump In August
September 26 2013 10:44 PM
Profits jumped 24.2 percent in August on a yearly basis, after a 11.6 percent gain in July, suggesting strong growth momentum.