- What To Expect At China’s National People’s Congress
February 21 2014 11:03 AM
Macro targets and local-government debt are likely to top the agenda when China’s top legislative body meets March 5.
- How Much Money Do International Immigrants In The US Send Home?
February 21 2014 7:44 AM
The amount of money flowing out of the U.S. in the form of remittances has almost tripled in the last 20 years.
- US, Australia To Sign Tax Evasion Deal
February 21 2014 4:07 AM
The pact involves automatic sharing of bank information and could be signed as soon as the Sat. G-20 meeting.
- What's Behind China's Factory Weakness?
February 20 2014 10:02 AM
The monthly stat has become increasingly important to investors and economists around the world.
- The Rise Of Asian Luxury Shoppers
February 20 2014 6:18 AM
By 2015, financial wealth in China might overtake Japan’s, while emerging Asia is on course to eclipse the U.S., economists estimate.
- Is China Colonizing Africa? Jane Goodall Thinks So
February 18 2014 10:57 AM
Animal activist and researcher Jane Goodall compared Chinese investment in Africa to British colonialism.
- Don’t Panic: China Is Not Running On Mountains Of Foreign Cash
February 18 2014 6:56 AM
To paraphrase Mark Twain, the worries over China’s foreign debt are exaggerated.
- Bank of Japan Aims To Stimulate Credit Growth
February 17 2014 11:33 PM
Financial institutions will be able to borrow at a rate of 0.1 percent for up to four years, up from the current three-year cap.
- Is China Turning Away International Economists?
February 17 2014 10:59 PM
The economy is slowing, debt is rising and the government is facing concern. One response is to filter out troublesome foreign economists.
- Thai GDP Growth In Q4 Slows To 0.6%
February 16 2014 11:23 PM
Delay in public projects and weak demand have forced Thailand to cut its 2014 growth forecast range.
- Does China Have An Answer To Slowing Luxury Spending?
February 14 2014 2:45 PM
This subgroup of shoppers may not have much money to spend, but their sheer numbers make them powerful.
- Here’s What Will Happen If China Lands Hard
February 13 2014 6:30 AM
Chinese credit and, to a lesser extent, equity markets would be very vulnerable during a hard landing.
- Can Thailand And Its Economy Survive 2014?
February 13 2014 6:27 AM
The Feb. 2 election has changed little for Thailand, and its economy is facing a scary year.
- Why China Is Rolling The Dice In Zimbabwe
February 12 2014 10:16 AM
The southern African country is relying on Chinese funds to revitalize its shaky economy.
- Why Trading Between Fastest-Growing Latin American Economies Just Became Easier
February 12 2014 5:47 AM
Mexico, Colombia, Peru and Chile are getting closer to each other -- and most of all, to China.
- Strong China Trade Figures For January Beat Expectations
February 11 2014 10:03 PM
The trade numbers far exceeded economists' forecasts.
- What US Defense Companies Hope For At Singapore Airshow
February 11 2014 12:07 PM
U.S. Department of Defense cuts have heightened the airshow's importance. Here's why.
- How Did Malaysia Fare In Q4 2013?
February 10 2014 11:54 AM
Production and export numbers look good for the Southeast Asian nation's, suggesting a solid end to 2013.
- Are Emerging Markets Looking At A Tough Year?
February 10 2014 10:27 AM
Data shows developed markets' conditions improving, while emerging markets are moving in the other direction.
- Why Is Cricket Changing Its Revenue Model?
February 07 2014 3:07 PM
India wants a greater share of revenues since it generates an estimated 80% of global cricket income.