- The statement comes a week after the USS Lassen challenged China's claim to the area for the first time since 2012.
- Regional defense ministers are about to meet to discuss freedom of navigation and ways to avoid international incidents.
- Nissan raised its profit forecast Monday, citing strong sales in the United States and Europe.
- At their first joint meeting in over three years Sunday, the three countries pledged to work together on economic ties and trade agreements.
- However, Li Keqiang also says China must improve its approach toward macroeconomic control, while aiming to deliver "quality" growth, according to the official Xinhua News Agency.
- Experts say allowing another 3 million to 8 million births a year will add 0.5 percent to GDP growth and tackle China's population problem.
- European markets fall amid a slew of weak earnings while Asian markets stayed mixed following hints of a possible increase in interest rates by the U.S. Fed in December.
- The government has approved a 20-month plan to write and ratify a new constitution and hold elections.