Asia Pacific Economy
- India Trade Deficit Dips In March As Exports Surge
April 18 2013 9:38 AM
India's trade deficit eased to $10.32 billion in March from $13.54 billion recorded a year ago, as exports rose for the third straight month.
- China Q1 FDI Rises 1.44 Percent To $29.9B
April 18 2013 9:30 AM
Foreign direct investments, or FDI, to China rise 1.44 percent for Q1 of 2013 annually.
- China Poised To Loosen Grip On The Yuan: Report
April 18 2013 8:33 AM
China’s control over the value of its currency could soon be a little less strict, according to a top central bank official.
- Revised Factory-Output Data Boost Outlook For Japan
April 15 2013 5:12 AM
A consistent rise in Japan’s industrial output for the third straight month indicates recovery's afoot for the world's third-largest economy.
- Japan, US In Deal That May Increase Pacific Trade
April 12 2013 10:50 AM
However, the bilateral agreement faces opposition from labor and lobby groups and awaits approval from 10 other Pacific member states.
- Karachi: A Flourishing Stock Market In A Blood-Soaked Pakistani City Spiraling Out Of Control
April 10 2013 1:14 PM
Karachi Stock Exchange racked up a 49 percent return in 2012, making it one of the best performing bourses in the world that year.
- China's Trade With US Surges
April 10 2013 12:48 AM
Trade with the U.S. in the first quarter rose by 10.8% from a year earlier, to $118.2 billion.
- China's Consumer Inflation Down-Shifts
April 09 2013 12:40 AM
China's annual consumer inflation eased markedly to 2.1 percent in March from February's 3.2 percent while producer price deflation deepened.
- Lagarde Backs Bank Of Japan Easing, Stands By Euro
April 07 2013 3:02 PM
IMF chief Christine Lagarde on Sunday welcomed the Bank of Japan’s aggressive easing program as a helpful step to support global growth.
- Rich Nations Got Poorer Last Quarter: OECD
April 04 2013 7:29 AM
Shrinking inventories in rich countries caused their economies to contract in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Nikkei Soars High As Bank Of Japan Announces Aggressive Monetary Easing Measures
April 04 2013 5:13 AM
The Bank of Japan Thursday announced a strong monetary easing campaign that sent the Japan markets soaring high.
- Chinese Manufacturing Rebounds
March 31 2013 11:13 PM
Two manufacturing PMI surveys released Monday showed steady momentum in the Chinese economy.