- China's Industrial Output, Retail Sales Beat Expectations
September 10 2013 2:36 AM
China’s industrial production in August rose 10.4 percent, while retail sales rose 13.4 percent indicating resilient growth.
- Tokyo Olympics 2020: A Modest And Potentially Dangerous Economic Impact
September 09 2013 3:32 PM
Analysts say the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo won't do much for Japan's GDP, even if 3 trillion yen is injected into the economy over several years.
- China’s CPI Rises 2.6% In August Versus 2.7% In July
September 08 2013 10:04 PM
China’s inflationary pressures appear comparatively moderate, as its PPI falls -1.6 percent in August versus -2.3 percent In July.
- Japan GDP Growth In Second Quarter Upwardly Revised To 0.9% From 0.6%
September 08 2013 8:08 PM
Expansion of Japan’s real GDP in the second quarter was upwardly revised to 0.9 percent from 0.6 percent.
- China’s Exports And Imports Both Rise As Trade Surplus Swells To $28.60 Billion
September 07 2013 11:00 PM
China’s unadjusted merchandise trade surplus advanced to $28.60 billion in August from $17.82 billion in July.
- 4 Unconventional Ways The Chinese People Make Money
September 06 2013 1:04 PM
The Chinese have some innovative ways to make money, and no, we aren't talking about selling kidneys.
- Where In The World Are The Latest Tax Havens?
September 06 2013 12:38 PM
Looking for a good place to stash cash? Here's a map of countries and regions that are former, current and emerging tax havens.
- How Do People Around The World Feel About Their Country’s Economy?
September 05 2013 5:51 AM
Europeans are still very pessimistic, the Chinese are the most optimistic.
- Pulse Check On Chinese Economy
September 05 2013 5:49 AM
More August data due over this weekend will likely show that China may have avoided a sharp slowdown.
- RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan Pushes For Bold Reforms
September 05 2013 5:28 AM
Rajan, who took over as India's central bank governor, on Wednesday, aims to free India’s capital markets and its banking sector.
- BOJ Keeps Rates The Same, Upgrades Econ Outlook
September 05 2013 12:15 AM
The Bank of Japan said the economy is witnessing a moderate recovery and reiterated its commitment to a 2 percent inflation target.
- Iron Mining In Bolivia: India Is Out, So Who Is In?
September 04 2013 12:46 PM
Clashes with Evo Morales' government led Indian mining company Jindal to leave. The Chinese might come in next.
- Do Skyscrapers In China Mean Economic Doom?
September 04 2013 10:34 AM
China will finish building a skyscraper every five days for the next decade, spelling doom for its economy, according to some analysts.
- Average Salary Of Myanmar Worker: $82.47/Month; Average Internet Fee: $700/Month
September 04 2013 5:56 AM
Less than 1% of Myanmar's population has access to the Internet, and even for them it remains slow and spotty.
- India’s Service Sector Contracts, New Orders Fall To 4-Year Low
September 04 2013 5:23 AM
PMI data for July and August now suggest a further slowdown in GDP growth in the third quarter, HSBC's economist says.
- China Services PMI Jumps To 5-Month High
September 03 2013 11:01 PM
The HSBC services PMI in August was helped by rising demand and optimism, even as shrinking profit margins hurt employment slightly.
- In Myanmar, Foreign Firms Have More Responsibility Than Just Making Money
September 03 2013 1:16 PM
Foreign investors should also shoulder the responsibility of improving the lives of the Myanmar people.
- Asian Economies Battling Weak Currencies Try To Cut Oil Import Costs
September 03 2013 6:30 AM
India, Malaysia and Indonesia resort to cuts in government subsidies and launch campaigns to reduce domestic demand for oil.
- India's Manufacturing Sector Shrinks First Time In Over 4 Years
September 02 2013 3:21 AM
Contraction in India's manufacturing sector underscores concerns about a continuing slowdown while the outlook for growth remains bleak.
- HSBC China Manufacturing PMI Signals Expansion For First Time In 4 Months
September 01 2013 9:58 PM
The HSBC China Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index rose to 50.1 in August from 47.7 in July.