- Strong China Trade Figures For January Beat Expectations
February 11 2014 10:03 PM
The trade numbers far exceeded economists' forecasts.
- What US Defense Companies Hope For At Singapore Airshow
February 11 2014 12:07 PM
U.S. Department of Defense cuts have heightened the airshow's importance. Here's why.
- How Did Malaysia Fare In Q4 2013?
February 10 2014 11:54 AM
Production and export numbers look good for the Southeast Asian nation's, suggesting a solid end to 2013.
- Are Emerging Markets Looking At A Tough Year?
February 10 2014 10:27 AM
Data shows developed markets' conditions improving, while emerging markets are moving in the other direction.
- Why Is Cricket Changing Its Revenue Model?
February 07 2014 3:07 PM
India wants a greater share of revenues since it generates an estimated 80% of global cricket income.
- How Fast Can China Reform Its Land Laws?
February 07 2014 10:33 AM
China's land disputes may go on for a while, even as the government carries out land reforms.
- What's The One Thai Sector Not Suffering From Political Unrest?
February 07 2014 5:02 AM
While much of Thailand suffers economically, data center providers there have been experiencing an unexpected growth spurt.
- What Argentina Means For Frontier Market Investors
February 06 2014 5:54 AM
Political and economic volatility in Argentina has underscored how frontier markets can turn sour quickly.
- Which Countries Are Spending More On Defense?
February 06 2014 5:53 AM
The world's total defense budget is forecast to increase to $1.547 trillion this year.
- Why Are Iron Ore, Coal Prices Slumping?
February 05 2014 1:28 PM
With iron ore comprising 60 percent of Australia's exports to China, the slump begs the question -- what's going on in China?
- Rice Over Luxury Rice Wine In China?
February 05 2014 10:39 AM
The Chinese spent most of their money on regular goods over the traditional New Year holiday, not on luxury items.
- Emerging Markets: A Bad Start To 2014
February 05 2014 8:59 AM
Institutional investors are trying to sort out whether the sell-off is merely Fed-stimulus related or a deeper problem.
- Indonesia's GDP Growth At Slowest Rate In 4 Years
February 05 2014 12:23 AM
Interest rate hikes by the central bank and a cooling of commodities trade are blamed.
- China Wheat Intake Up 5,000%
February 04 2014 12:16 PM
The eye-catching statistic reflects China’s growing reliance on wheat imports to feed a nation of 1.35 billion people.
- Is Q4 The Last Of Indonesia's Slowdown?
February 03 2014 3:01 PM
The Southeast Asian country will post its fourth quarter economic figures on Tuesday.
- McDonald’s vs. Elderly Koreans In Queens, New York: Culture Clash Or Lesson in Customer Etiquette?
February 03 2014 1:11 PM
Many elderly Koreans in New York City are poor and isolated from the rest of society.
- The Philippines, Rising From The Ashes
January 30 2014 3:03 PM
Despite suffering the devastating Typhoon Haiyan, the Philippines economy remained robust in the last quarter of 2013.
- Here's What Wealthy Chinese Will Be Buying This Year
January 30 2014 6:30 AM
Understated and logo-less are among the keywords for Chinese luxury consumption this year.
- Typhoon-Ravaged Philippine Economy Beats Expectations
January 30 2014 1:42 AM
The Philippines’ annual growth rate places it among Asia's best-performing economies, and second only to China.
- The Rise Of The Chinese Tourist
January 28 2014 12:10 PM
More people visited Hong Kong in 2012 than any other city in the world.